PDA

View Full Version : Monday, shmonday

Monique
June 15th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Another start to another week.

I have a very uneventful weekend although hubby and I went for a drive yesterday. I have to work today and if it doesn't rain, I need to cut grass when I get home.

So, I am off to work. Have a great day friends.

songbird857
June 15th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Good morning...
Monique - uneventful can be very very pleasant :)
Well, I ended up doing not a stitch over the weekend - hoping to remedy that today!
Nothing special here either - it's raining, so my garden is getting watered without me doing it ;)
Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

wlrquilts
June 15th, 2015, 08:29 AM
A rainy day here today. I have the rapid fire hunters star ruler that I am going to to try to use today. Going to start small and make a table runner using maroon and cream.

I hope all have a good day.

Iris Girl
June 15th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Rainy and T-Stormy here all day. Weekend was quiet did some sewing and some bird watching. Got a few things in a different walmart then we usually go to since ours doesn't seem to like to restock in a timely manner. Have a great day all. Hugs for those in need.

Ginny B
June 15th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Good morning everyone. We had a very busy weekend -- Saturday morning we did yardwork (cutting back bushes, weeding, etc.) then after that we headed to step-daughter's new house and scraped wallpaper in their kitchen until 7 p.m. Boy were we tired that night!

Yesterday wasn't busy but it still made us tired -- we spent the day at the beach and being outside all day does make you tired. I did get some hand sewing done and finished the bindings on the second set of placemats in an order.

So, now we are at Monday and it's raining. But since I need to be inside at work all day, I guess that's ok. The rain didn't mess up the weekend so that's good and now our flowers and veggies got a good drink.

Time to get going and get ready for work. Have a great day all.

irishrn
June 15th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Morning all. Weekend was busy with room prep. I know I have been complaining that DH has not helped at all in this renovation, but Sunday afternoon he decided to get in the middle of everything and was making me nuts!!! He decided he HAD to find a watch his DGD gave him and started tearing apart the box from his night table belongings! He was convinced I lost that watch!! He couldn't find it in the box and was insisting I did something with it. LSS. The watch was in his dresser!!! Sheepishly he decided to mention that he'd forgotten where it was, so I didn't lose it!! OK!! this is what happens when you have junk up to your eyeballs!!! Enough said!!
Off today for dermatology appointments. Tomorrow is GYN appt then Wednesday is new floor day! Then another round of getting the room back together! I feel a nap coming on!
So wishing you all a great day and happy sewing!!

Navy Wife
June 15th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Please send us some of that rain! We are hot and dry, 96 today instead of our normal 85. I am off to run some errands early and then become a hermit! I hate hot weather.

easyquilts
June 15th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Monday....again...

I need support, because today I must work on a quilt, and bake cookies for someone I literally detest. My SOM-in-law. I've put off finishing this hand pieced quilt fir years.... His birthday was Saturday, and I always bake him his fav Snickedprdoodles. I'm doing thus for my DD's sake... My job us not to get in the middle if things, but to be present fir het.

I want to get this (fill in your own fav word) quilt out of my house. The only way is to finish it. I've only got to quilt the borders, and do the binding... Wash/dry, and out it goes.

Can you tell I'm angry? It 's all because I just learned of another totally selfish, childish thing this man/child (think Peter Pan) has done. One day, I won't be able to keep this anger to myself, and there will be blood on the walks, and it won't be mine. D. Isn't abusive, doesn't drink or carouse... He 's just incredibly self-centered.... Not the strong father four sins need. Thank ?God, and I mean that reverently, those boys have a strong mother, who makes sure they get what they need... She's getting tired if being a "single" parent...

Thanks for listening.... If I don 'to vent now and then, I'll do something we'll all regret.

WendyI
June 15th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Oh boy Sandy...that must be difficult to observe. I belong to a divorce support group on FB...a lot of women on there complaining their spouses were like that then one day the spouse just left and blamed the wife! Hope he grows up before you kill him.

I really do dislike Monday's...I know it's cliched but I can't help it. I find it very hard to re-adjust after the weekend of being able to do what I want. We have had rain pretty much solid for about a week now. I don't care as long as it's done by the time I go on holidays! I detest driving long distances in the rain! So hard on your eyes.

Heard from an old neighbour this morning that I was just going to write off. She's really busy so we are always trying to visit and never end up doing it. Gets frustrating after a couple of years. I spent Friday night with my friend and we went out for dinner which was nice. Then Saturday was supposed to get my hair cut but that had to be cancelled. Thankfully it got rescheduled to Sunday. Spent a nice day visiting with her. Her 10 year old daughter just got out of hospital after having her foot run over by a riding lawn mower. Lost a good portion of her heel and had to have all kinds of surgeries to fix it. She's doing well now though.

Well I'm off to my all day meeting. Thinking of all that need love today and sending it your way! xox

Grandma Nan
June 15th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone. Dull, warm, and raining here. Busy weekend here with our guild's quilt show. We don't have numbers yet but it was well attended and there were beautiful quilts to see. Many vendors were present and they all reported it was a good show for them too. I only helped out and I was tired so can't imagine what the organizers feel like today.

Well I did succumb to buying a bit more material at the show too. I'm heading off to my sewing room today and may not come out all day. There is nothing else on the schedule so I think I will focus on finishing the sampler quilt that I am working on. I really want to finish it cause I have many other projects I want to get on to.

I also have a quilt set up on the frame and am hand quilting a project right now too. I can stop as I walk by and throw in a few stitches but it is mainly my evening work. Hand quilting is so therapeutic and peaceful. I am sure it decreases your blood pressure as you sit there and find yourself just wrapped into the peaceful nature of the hand stitching. I also love watching the dimensions of the quilt start to pop out as the stitches go in. Love old sewing machines and hand quilting hmmm? maybe I was born in the wrong era.

Hugs to all who need them. Remember to smile, it really does make you feel better and it drives other people nuts to know what you've got going on.

Sandy Navas
June 15th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Cringing, Wendy, at a young girl losing part of her foot. And here I was going to cry because I sliced my right index finger with a new blade in my rotary cutter. Sending hugs!!

Boxed up the Fairy Hut - Number One chore today is getting it sent at the UPS drop-off. Have a couple packages for the post office, too!! Worked on my polka dot quilt yesterday. Takes about 5-10 minutes for each circle to stitch out. I'm wondering as I look at it now, if I shouldn't have decided on a definite pattern for my circles as they are different sizes - but the randomness of it all is starting to grow on me. Then I started cutting sashing and cornerstones for my red and white quilt (Pam is pressuring me :icon_happy:) and that's when I lifted the rotary right up from the board and right into my finger!! No blood on my snow white cornerstones - but that curtailed the rest of my sewing room activity. Even made me change dinner plans in a hurry.

Al is out circling around in the front yard - trying to beat the predicted storms that are due to rush through here this afternoon. The rains make that grass grow faster than usual - and it seems we can mow and two days later it's time to do it again. Hope he can at least get the front done.

Off for my out-of-house chores!!

rebeccas-sewing
June 15th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Beautiful weather in Baarn today. Doing laundry after our week away. One more load to go. Making salmon cakes for dinner. We consumed so many calories from eating out for seven days that I'm trying to keep it on the light side now that we're home. I'm Trying a new recipe. Hope it's good. Off to sew. Have a great day today.

Lori63
June 15th, 2015, 10:39 AM
I totally enjoyed my "me" weekend. I spent so much time sewing it was amazing! I don't think that will happen again any time soon. The only thing I didn't get done was the binding on a baby quilt, but hopefully I can finish that up tonight. I have three more table runners to do this week. The friend I'm making them for keeps having RSVPs coming in after the deadline. Thankfully she purchased plenty of fabric.

Sandy, I sort of understand what you are going through with your SIL. One of my daughters is married to a very self centered guy. I'm not to the point of detesting him, but I see how it could easily happen.

I'm thinking I might try to make it to the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival this weekend. I have a friend that also quilts, but I don't know her well. She's the wife of one of my hubby's good friends. We've known each other for years, but somehow haven't really clicked, if that makes sense. Anyway, I just found out that she quilts. I think I'll invite her to come to the festival with me, maybe that way I can get to know her better.

Have a great day everyone!

Lori

bhaggerty
June 15th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Hang in there Sandy!
Blue skies will prevail!

Here in Houston we are preparing for Tropical Storm Bill
Another round of flash floods are predicted
We've been told this one might be worse and to stock up on water, etc.
I happened to be off work today, was not planning on spending it standing in line at the grocery store. YUK!

easyquilts
June 15th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Oh boy Sandy...that must be difficult to observe. I belong to a divorce support group on FB...a lot of women on there complaining their spouses were like that then one day the spouse just left and blamed the wife! Hope he grows up before you kill him.

I really do dislike Monday's...I know it's cliched but I can't help it. I find it very hard to re-adjust after the weekend of being able to do what I want. We have had rain pretty much solid for about a week now. I don't care as long as it's done by the time I go on holidays! I detest driving long distances in the rain! So hard on your eyes.

Heard from an old neighbour this morning that I was just going to write off. She's really busy so we are always trying to visit and never end up doing it. Gets frustrating after a couple of years. I spent Friday night with my friend and we went out for dinner which was nice. Then Saturday was supposed to get my hair cut but that had to be cancelled. Thankfully it got rescheduled to Sunday. Spent a nice day visiting with her. Her 10 year old daughter just got out of hospital after having her foot run over by a riding lawn mower. Lost a good portion of her heel and had to have all kinds of surgeries to fix it. She's doing well now though.

Well I'm off to my all day meeting. Thinking of all that need love today and sending it your way! xox

Wendy.. Thsnks for the encouragement!

Just got the cookie dough in the fridge,,, wanted to make a double batch, but forgot to get eggs yesterday,.,had only one,

A little housework, then I'll work on the blasted quilt.

I'm retired, so Mondays are like most ither days.... Sundsy I go to church, and twice a month I meet with my wuilting group.

Buy... When I was working....depending on the job....Modays were not my favorite.... The only exception was when I was working in a Catholic bookstore they I helped open....... I loved that job to pieced... And I loved being a paramedic, but that was volunteer.

I really disliked teaching, so Mondsys were a psin during those years.... I do enjoy teaching adults, but am not comfortable I pn a classroom of kids... I have a hearing de giving, which makes working in that kind if environment hard. The kids were great...it was just me.

Back to Monday! I always try to make it a good day, and usually feel relaxed, for some reason...

Happy Mondsy EVERYBIDY!

Bubby
June 15th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Morning Everyone,

I love Mondays because they give me an excuse not to do much or to do only what I want "because it's re-entry day." Today I bit the bullet and scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors. It was a pain but it looks so nice and feels so much better on bare feet.

I just came in from watering flowers and feeding the hummers. It's already terribly hot and humid. I heard this morning we will be getting several more inches of rain this week. This sounds problematic to our county because we're totally saturated. We will wait and see what happens.

Sandy, I know the irritations of having a totally self-centered SIL to contend with. Mine is now my former SIL and since his divorce he's living the life of a teenager at the age of 40-someting and the father of two adults...nonstop sports events, concerts, partying etc., and posting all his activities on FB. He might be getting older but he refuses to grow up. I feel for you. All you can do is support your DD. Things won't change until she decides to change them.

My Fence Rail/Pinwheel blocks are coming along pretty well. Will post pictures when I get a few things sewn together. Right now there are components all over the kitchen and sewing room. I have to make some more HSTs today and square them up. I've become a real expert at squaring things up to 3.5"...lol!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday....

pcbatiks
June 15th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Cringing, Wendy, at a young girl losing part of her foot. And here I was going to cry because I sliced my right index finger with a new blade in my rotary cutter. Sending hugs!!

Boxed up the Fairy Hut - Number One chore today is getting it sent at the UPS drop-off. Have a couple packages for the post office, too!! Worked on my polka dot quilt yesterday. Takes about 5-10 minutes for each circle to stitch out. I'm wondering as I look at it now, if I shouldn't have decided on a definite pattern for my circles as they are different sizes - but the randomness of it all is starting to grow on me. Then I started cutting sashing and cornerstones for my red and white quilt (Pam is pressuring me :icon_happy:) and that's when I lifted the rotary right up from the board and right into my finger!! No blood on my snow white cornerstones - but that curtailed the rest of my sewing room activity. Even made me change dinner plans in a hurry.

Al is out circling around in the front yard - trying to beat the predicted storms that are due to rush through here this afternoon. The rains make that grass grow faster than usual - and it seems we can mow and two days later it's time to do it again. Hope he can at least get the front done.

Off for my out-of-house chores!!

Oh please.......Sandy......friends don't believe her. I'm not pressuring her! :D I just don't know why it's taking her so long to finish this project..........I mean......really..........you don't see me taking that long to finish my zombie qui..........oh.....well.......never mind. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Sandy.....I hope your finger feels better today.