PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl, Night Owl, who has the Night Owl?

kimsophia
June 14th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Hoot hoot! How's everyone doing?

I myself have ironed the rest of the Kaffe fabric and am ready to start cutting when my new rotary cutters arrive tomorrow. I need to trim off the last block on my strip sets as it is of course a quarter inch wider than the rest.

What's shakin' in your tree?

toggpine
June 14th, 2015, 03:21 AM
I am holding my eyelids open until the milk hits that magic temp and then I'm out.
It feels like I'm having then energy sucked right out of me lately. I bet I could nap for hours and still not feel caught up.

We are making an early AM of it as we have another load of hay to go pick up tomorrow. Then we're on hold until August for the balance of the bales. Although it's possible we may have straw to pick mid-July.

I did finish Em's apron and it came out cute. I'll see if I can get some pictures and some of the most recent batch of babies.
One of them came out with wavy hair. It's about the most adorable thing. She reminds us of a swirl vanilla cone. Thus, her name is Swirl, she knows it already, and she's a snuggler.

Good night/day friends!
Hugs, Cathy

Andrea F
June 14th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Good morning all! I'm feeling much better today. Slept a lot more yesterday, hence no sewing but today is another day. Hubby is going to cook so all I have to do is to make a salad to go with the pasta we're eating today. And maybe a little bit of vacuuming.

Tonight, because of all the sleeping during the day, I was up for a few hours and got stuck on youtube. Since you can find almost everything there I searched for live rock concerts. It's been a while since I attended one and I missed going to the festival I wanted to go to this year because a few of my favourite bands were playing there. Funny thing is, that in the result list between all those concerts, there were always one or two of Jenny's videos listed. Well, Jenny rocks :D

I have a bunch of fat quarters and some background fabric that needs ironing and starching. I normally don't starch (too lazy) and iron as I go but those fabrics are for a paper piecing project with lots of narrow points. Do you think it's a good idea to starch them before I start cutting?

Cathy, I'd really like to come over and cuddle your babies a bit! I'm excited to see some pictures! They must be so cute. Your schedule sounds ultra exhausting, though.

Have a good night my friends and get some rest! I'll see you later.

Bubby
June 14th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Hi Andrea and Everyone

I've been awake for a couple hours and finally decided to inch my way to the sewing room in the dark so I wouldn't wake Dottie up. Once she's awake our day begins.

We had a good work day at the apartments yesterday. We had to replace elements in a water heater and install a hand rail and do a few other minor things. The Girls stayed home alone yesterday and from the look of things they slept the whole time we were gone.

I'm still working on Jenny's tutorial quilt from last week and it's beginning to look pretty good. There are several steps and a lot of cutting but I'm loving it.

Not sure what's on our agenda for the day. It's really Jeff's only day off so I would like to do something fun if possible.

Have a great Sunday, Owlies! May, I really miss you.

Andrea F
June 14th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Good morning, Barb!

May, I really miss you.

I second that! May, we really miss you!

kimsophia
June 14th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Yes, May, get well soon!

MayinJerset
June 14th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Not an Night Owl but Early Bird today. Can't seem to get this UTI out of me, new meds today and plenty of water to be drunk and pray it's gone real soon as it has made me pretty week. DS's 1 & 2 will be over later to give DH a hand getting our fans down from garage storage. We have central AC but I like to have fans going in the windows when the temps aren't too high and when AC is going I keep one or two fans going on the floor to keep the cool air circulating to the far corners of the rooms.

Andrea F
June 14th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Not an Night Owl but Early Bird today. Can't seem to get this UTI out of me, new meds today and plenty of water to be drunk and pray it's gone real soon as it has made me pretty week. DS's 1 & 2 will be over later to give DH a hand getting our fans down from garage storage. We have central AC but I like to have fans going in the windows when the temps aren't too high and when AC is going I keep one or two fans going on the floor to keep the cool air circulating to the far corners of the rooms.

May, good to see you! I hope the new meds work quickly and you're feeling better soon.