PDA

View Full Version : He's Home...

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Many if you know that my 16 yo DGS has bern at the Ohio Valley Leadership, held at Wtight Patterson AFB. IT's for Air Gorce Junior ROTC Cadets...

Got to admit, I was worried the whole week.... Michael is the oldest if four boys.... My baby....

Well... We picked him up this afternoon..... The cadets were all very tired, but excited about what they had experienced. Thankfully, their leaders had posted pictures on a private site every day, do the families could see what was going on...

Michael was Team .leader of Bravo 1, and lead his team to Sevond Place in the Extraction exercise.... We were so proud... And... He flew an airplane for ten minutes or more... The instructor told Micharl that he had dine very well... It was a one prop four seater trainer.... I think he really loved getting to handle the plane...in spite of turbulence...

I'm so glad Michael is home, and that he had a great week,... Thanks for listening to a proud Gramma...

stationarymom
June 14th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Sandy he sounds like a very mature and responsible young man.The fact that he was leader was a big thing,do you think he still wants to become an officer? You have a lot to be proud of. Sadly a lot of young people just are not ready today.

rebeccas-sewing
June 14th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Sounds like a successful venture. Glad he's home safe and all went well.

Andrea F
June 14th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Sandy, sounds like your DGS had a great week. Glad he's home in one piece and he liked it. Being on a plane and flying it himself must be a fantastic experience, too. Not one, that I'd want to make, though.

Monique
June 14th, 2015, 07:50 AM
I love to listen to proud Grandmas. Congratulations Michael.

irishrn
June 14th, 2015, 08:27 AM
What a wonderful experience for your DGS. Something he will remember for a long times!

klgls
June 14th, 2015, 08:30 AM
It's an experience he will always remember - sounds like he is an exceptional person - you should be proud!!!

songbird857
June 14th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Glad he's home safe and sound :) He sounds like a fine young man!

GrammaBabs
June 14th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Congrats to Michael... he sounds like a great guy!
Is there any better feeling than being PROUD of someone or something???? :))))))))) B

SewnByBee
June 14th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Congrats, so glad all went well. look forward to hearing more good things, from this young man.

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Sandy he sounds like a very mature and responsible young man.The fact that he was leader was a big thing,do you think he still wants to become an officer? You have a lot to be proud of. Sadly a lot of young people just are not ready today.

My DD said he talked so much last night that he neatly lost his voice.... I really do think this week solidified his desire to serve. The experience changed him in some way... He looked and sounded older to me....

I can't wait to get to spend some time with Michael.... I want to hear all about it! Those Cadets are awesome.... Their leaders are retired Air Force....and they truly love those kids..... Their Sargent went, and participated, even though she is still doing chemo for breast cancer....turbin, and all.... That's dedication.

Oh yes... Their Drill Team won the state championship for the eighth year in a row...

Thank you so much for your interest....

CarolynK
June 14th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I would be so proud too, Sandy! What a fine young man and great accomplishments!

PS - I used to live near Dayton and have been to Wright-Patterson AFB. I really miss Ohio. Loved it there.

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Congrats, so glad all went well. look forward to hearing more good things, from this young man.

Thank you... I thunk Michael has a bright future.... I so wish his grandfathers were here to see Micharl growing into such a fine young man.. I just have to believe that they know.... And were with him all week.

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:18 AM
I would be so proud too, Sandy! What a fine young man and great accomplishments!

PS - I used to live near Dayton and have been to Wright-Patterson AFB. I really miss Ohio. Loved it there.

Thank you, Carolyn..... We live in Lebanon, but Mason is home..... Lived there fifty years... We used to take our kids to Wright-Pat often. The museum is awesome. The Cadets got to see it.... I think we will be taking the three younger boys up there sometime this summer....

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Congrats to Michael... he sounds like a great guy!
Is there any better feeling than being PROUD of someone or something???? :))))))))) B

It really dies feel good!

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Glad he's home safe and sound :) He sounds like a fine young man!

Thank you.... I'm such a worrier, when it comes yo my grandboys.... I was so relieved that Michael made it through a very tough week without getting hurt.... I know... Time to let go...but.... I'm not ready yet...

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:23 AM
It's an experience he will always remember - sounds like he is an exceptional person - you should be proud!!!

Thank you, Kathy....

Amy R
June 14th, 2015, 11:24 AM
awww congrats to him and proud grams!

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:26 AM
What a wonderful experience for your DGS. Something he will remember for a long times!

I agree... He had a lot if apprehension before going....all of the cadets who had never bern to OVLS dud), but he says it was well worth doing, and that he wants to do it again....

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:28 AM
awww congrats to him and proud grams!

Thsnks, Amy... We Grammas are always ready to pull out the pictures, so to speak.... Grandkids are the absolute best! ,

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Sandy, sounds like your DGS had a great week. Glad he's home in one piece and he liked it. Being on a plane and flying it himself must be a fantastic experience, too. Not one, that I'd want to make, though.

He lived flying that little plane... Turbulence and all.... Me? I like BIG planes..... I about died when I saw pics of the little trainers... One prop.... Four seats....

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I love to listen to proud Grandmas. Congratulations Michael.

We do brag on our grandkids, don't we? They are so previous to us....

Midge
June 14th, 2015, 11:33 AM
A fantastic experience for a leader in training! No wonder you are so proud of his accomplishments. Kudos to the young man.

easyquilts
June 14th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a successful venture. Glad he's home safe and all went well.

Thank you, Rebecca.... I'm glad, too...