PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Thread

Bubby
June 13th, 2015, 07:17 AM

Good Morning Everyone. I'm up super early getting ready to go to Cuba for a day of work. I wish we could take the Girls with us because Olive is a bit under the weather but it's too hot to leave them in the truck and we don't have a vacant apartment where they can stay.

I picked up a small scottie dog quilt from Reggie yesterday and after I add the binding and some embellishments I will post a picture. It's the oldest UFO ever! If I remember correctly I pieced it in the 80's and did nothing with it from that point. About 5 years ago I took it to Reggie to be quilted and wasn't happy with the quilt design I chose, so I ripped it out and then removed the border. Then it went into the UFO pile until recently. I put a wild border on it and this time I'm thrilled with the quilting.

Yesterday we had a bad storm with very high wind and the loudest thunder I've ever heard. We got over an inch of rain in less than 30 minutes and then it was gone and the sun came out for the rest of the day. We have loads of tree limbs to pick up and we had to retrieve outdoor furniture from the woods.

I'm off to start our busy day. Wishing everyone a super Saturday.....Hugs.....

songbird857
June 13th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Good morning :)
Well, yesterday turned out to be a 'no sew' day for me... Going to try to get some sewing in today! I did get a lot of errands done so it was good. I also fell flat on my face in my yard; long story short, i was moving our new (small) firepit out of the way of the sprinkler. I picked up the top part, completely forgetting that the base is not attached, and fell right over the base, with the big round 'bowl' part in my hands... Quite funny if you can picture it. Nothing broken, thank you Jesus, but a few painful bruises and sore muscles this morning. Nothing to hinder my sewing ;)
It's windy here this morning, and it rained last night - the air feels good...
Hope everyone has a great day!

Ginny B
June 13th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Good morning Barb. That sounds like a whopper of a storm. It was pretty hot and humid here yesterday but no storms by us.

I was so tired last night that I was in bed by 9:30! I had had a rough night the night before and didn't get much sleep so I needed to get some rest. I slept well and just woke up about a half hour ago. I have my tea I am listening to the birds on this beautiful sunny Saturday morning and will catch up here for a bit before starting the day. We will be going over to my step daughters new house at some point. They closed on it this past Monday .They won't be moving in until next month.

Don't work too hard today in Cuba. Have a great day all

buckeyequilter
June 13th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Good morning :)
Well, yesterday turned out to be a 'no sew' day for me... Going to try to get some sewing in today! I did get a lot of errands done so it was good. I also fell flat on my face in my yard; long story short, i was moving our new (small) firepit out of the way of the sprinkler. I picked up the top part, completely forgetting that the base is not attached, and fell right over the base, with the big round 'bowl' part in my hands... Quite funny if you can picture it. Nothing broken, thank you Jesus, but a few painful bruises and sore muscles this morning. Nothing to hinder my sewing ;)
It's windy here this morning, and it rained last night - the air feels good...
Hope everyone has a great day!

Glad you're ok....I could see me doing a face plant like that!

Monique
June 13th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Good morning everyone.

Sandy Navas
June 13th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Ouch! BTDTGTTS.

GrammaBabs
June 13th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Huh??????????????????????:)
quilting some blocks i threw together,,, going to give it to Ruby next door!!!!!!!!
She's a ****zu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sp):(

Sandy Navas
June 13th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Huh??????????????????????:)
quilting some blocks i threw together,,, going to give it to Ruby next door!!!!!!!!
She's a ****zu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sp):(

Barb, you don't need to worry about spelling if you are going to use 'dirty' words - BTDTGTTS means 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt . . . '

Cathy F
June 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Morning all,
Not sure what our weather will be today, one minute suns out then clouds. We sure could use a good steady rain. It's been a very dry season so far. Bubby, those types of storms really scare me that you've been experiencing.

Songbird- glad to hear nothing was broken!

I never made it to the sewing room yesterday, shame on me! It was hot and muggy here and it took the steam right out of my sails. The thought of holding a heavy quilt in my lap to sew the binding down just didn't make the cut! Maybe today.

Well wishes and hugs to all our members in need of a few extra!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 13th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Good morning all! I was a total slug yesterday, nothing productive accomplished. I hope today is more productive! I want to start my Africa quilt for a friend's granddaughter who has been on a missionary trip for 2 years and is returning in several weeks. I also would love to do that sticks and stones quilt, plus finish other quilts. I just don't know what to do first!

Hope you all have a good day, and storms stay out of your area! Barb, don't work too hard in Cuba!

MRoy
June 13th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Good morning! It sounds like several of us were MIA as far as sewing went yesterday. I was on "go-fer" duty for DH and stopped at a yard sale that was on my route. I don't usually stop at yard sales because I seldom find anything. This time was different! I scored a Husqvarna 18"x24" cutting mat with a Fiskar rotary cutter w/blade and an O'lipfa 5"x24" ruler taped on the back of it...all for $5. I also got a practically new Vera Bradley handbag in the style I like for $10.

Leslie333
June 13th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Good morning! I managed to sneak that in while it's still morning. :) I ended up sleeping late today. Yesterday I took the day off and did a huge amount of closet clean out, mostly so I could move the remaining linens from what used to be the linen closet in the master bedroom (where I sew) to the walk in closet. Now the bedroom closet is fully quilting stuff and my fabric yardage is organized! Here's a picture of the fabric shelves.

Today I hope to piece the back for a queen quilt I'm working on and trim threads from the top to get it ready to go to a longarm quilter.

sewbizzy
June 13th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Morning All...it is still morning, right?
We had a sleepover last night of 7 of our grandchildren....whew!!!
It was really fun, but Grandma is worn out...I did some sewing before they got here in the afternoon...still working on smalls...my friend took some of my potholders and coasters to 2 Farmer's Markets and sold some already...
Tomorrow I would like to start on another small quilt...
I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Sylvia H
June 13th, 2015, 12:46 PM
It's still morning, so I can get this in! Good morning'! I'm getting ready to take a nap - after only being up for a few hours! But I didn't sleep well last night, guess that is why I'm so tired.

I haven't done any sewing since Wednesday morning - time was taken up with daughter's visit. I also have some cooking to do, as I bought more vegetables than we ate, and I don't want them to go bad. I'm going to make a healthy vegetable soup, and another dozen blueberry muffins, which will be frozen for later consumption. After the cooking clean up, I hope to get back to my quilting project.

ilive2craft2
June 13th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Good Morning all!

Got the dog bed for our golden retriever almost finished last night - just need to sew the opening closed. Bottom of the filling is an old blanket, then a layer of scraps and then an egg crate mattress pad. It is made out of some duck cloth I got for $2 a yard. It is heavy, but won't be moved around much. Should help the dog with his arthritis type stiffness.

I am excited about the fun new group that was created - Fabric Bingo! If 30 of us play and there is only 1 winner, the winner would get 29 fat quarters in exchange for one. It is going to be easy peasy. We each pick our own numbers for our cards and pm them to the group leader Deegles. She will release numbers at a certain time every day - she will also keep track of everyone's card, in case they miss it and once 1 (or more) people have bingo, the game is over. We each send our fat quarter to the winner. If there is more than one winner, she will split the group up evenly and tell us which winner to send our 1 fat quarter to. Just 1 fat quarter and some fun with forum friends - come join the fun!

Still sitting here sipping a cuppa - I was night owling till 2am and so I am slow getting going this morning. Have a great day everyone! Hugs and prayers or good thoughts for everyone!

irishrn
June 13th, 2015, 01:40 PM
It's now good afternoon! I have been up but not really doing much on line.
Yesterday was a slug day for me too. I am really feeling the heat and this weather is so bad for me! But I just wanted to hear my DSM making some noise so I zigzagged some leftover batting together for some dog beds! I managed to get 3 large pieces done and cleaned up 9 almost empty bobbins and one almost empty spool of thread! It is a good way to declutter all those almost used bobbins hanging around!! I have one more piece of fleece left to get a few more beds made.
I need to do a baby boy quilt but can't get started yet with renovations pending this Wednesday. But the baby is due any day so I'll eventually be under the gun!!
DH is still sleeping, so another late day getting into the master bedroom to empty it out! I wish I could sleep as long as he does!!
Hope all have a great day/weekend with sunny skies all around!