PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Wednesday

Blondie
October 12th, 2011, 06:34 AM

Good Morning Ladies

I slept like a log and woke up to some more rain. A bit chilly, too this morning. Definitely a fall day.

Thanks to all who have pm'ed me or sent emails in response to my posting last evening. Mom is really doing fine right now. She won't start more treatment until next week sometime. Still waiting on that call to schedule.
We've been through this before, have great confidence in the Lord and her oncologist.

Will try to pop in later. Have a terrific day!

Smfidler
October 12th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Good morning! Although it's barely midnight here. I am up baking pumpkin bread that I should of done earlier but now I have to wait for it to cool so I can wrap it up:). Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

KiltedQuilter
October 12th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Rainy here too. Yuck.
Waiting in for a parcel to be delivered.... :icon_bored: BORING!

Thoughts are with you Blondie(and your mum obviously!)
x

quilter.martha
October 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Thoughts and prayers heading your way, Blondie. How blessed your mother is to have you nearby to help out! I know you'll be a solid rock for her during all her treatment. We'll pray healing for your Mom and endurance for you.

Sandy, so sorry about your dear friend's passing, and now her dog. Let's face it, life can just be hard sometimes. It doesn't run on fair, that's for sure. All we can do is take each day, live it in a manner that is pleasing to our Lord, accept the things we cannot change, and just do our best.

Not much going on here. Today is my volunteer day again. It seems to come around quickly. Probably won't get any sewing time in today. I'm working on a tree skirt for ME! Our current tree skirt is over 25 years old, and is quite outdated to say the least. So I figured it's time for a new one. I MIGHT even send this out to be LAQ. That will be a first for me if I do. We'll see.

Have a good day all!

Bubby
October 12th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Good Morning...Blondie, my prayers are with your Mom and, of course, you. Martha was so right...one day at a time. It's very difficult being the caregiver, but it's such a crucially important act of love.

It stormed and rained here all night...it's still carrying on this morning. DH just left for work and Molly is down for her first nap of the day...oh, a dog's life!!! I have a busy day planned here at home. I have to do some cleaning and make up beds for DD and DGS who arrive Saturday morning. I've been letting things pile up for a while and today is the day to face the music....

I'll check in with you later...everyone have a good day. Hugs, Barb

Loonwatcher
October 12th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Morning All,

Blondie, praying for your mom and for you. Hang in there.

Sandy, so sorry about your friend.

What a harvest moon we had last night. It was HUGE! I just could not get my eyes to stay open this morning but the idea of all I have to do at work got me moving.

Guild was fun last night. I brought some projects for show & tell. They loved my wallets so much that the LQS owner asked me to do a One Shot Wednesday class. These are one night classes on small projects. Made me feel good.

Off to the grind. Have a great day.

patticakes
October 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Morning all!
Thought I would wake up to rain but the sun is shining. Not supposed to last but it sure makes my morning glories look lovely. Funny how a 99 cent pack of seeds can offer up such a cheerful good morning!
Finished the label on the full size Surfer Girl last night and got the baby quilt done also. Made a couple burp pads to go with it too. I have been a very motivated quilter lately!
Has anyone tried the 3 Dudes block from Jenny's tutorial? I really want to do that with a jelly roll that I have here. First I have to finish the Black and White fan top from the swap, it only needs a border and I can sandwich (ugh - the worst part of quilting) and get it quilted and bound! I've got it front and center to remind me that it needs to be done next!!
Thinking of everyone on the board, Blondie an extra prayer for Mom!
Hugs to all!

ginampls
October 12th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Good morning all. I am here hopefully my new password will work for me.....sandy i will call you this am... it has a 612 area code.
Cooler here. 57 over cast witha bit of a wind chill.

my job at joann's is going good iam learning from my mistakes... there seems to be a lot to learn. i ammostly at the cutting counter.. but i likeit!!!

Divine Daisy
October 12th, 2011, 10:17 AM
A very rainy wednesday here, not improved by my daughter's kitten who is staying with his granny while she is off in Ghana building a...........um............er........ think this one is a power station. (it could be a wind farm?) Anyway, Orwell (kitten) is now a 'big outside cat' and apparently outside has the best game everrrrrrrrrrrr. What you do is dive into a pile of leaves that granny has just carefully raked together, grab a leaf from the veryyyyyyy bottom, leap out of the pile with a flurrish and run around the garden like a maniac with the leaf in your mouth then fly like superman in the sittingroom window. Thennnnnnnnnn you spit out the leaf on the new carpet and fly out again for round 2. Now round 2 is special......it involves digging up a slug or even better a worm and flying back into the sittingroom to spit it out. After that the game get repetative but apparently very satisfying. Improved greatly by granny's increased vocabulary of profanities!

Ah life is good when you are a kitten.

cyndiofthevortex
October 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone,
Blondie, I'll pray for your mom and for you. You both need strength. I hope you find lots to be joyful about today! It is so good for the soul.

I was very happy yesterday to begin to sew the binding on the quilt for Lynn, my sister's best friend fighting breast cancer for the second time. Actually getting quilts finished is so hard for me and I feel victory when I can bind and label a quilt and send it where it's meant to go. This one is called "Dancing in the Dragon's Jaw" and is made funky and fun. I hope she'll like it.

Except for the dentist I have all day to sew and do a bit of cleaning. Cleaning first or sewing? It's hard to chose, so I'll tidy up the kitchen and then head for the sewing machine.

Sorry you're all having rain! Ours is coming later today to stay for a few days. I really do love to sew on a rainy day. My sewing room is a little nook under part of a porch roof and I love hearing the pitter patter of the rain. And at least it isn't snow! Sorry for using that four letter word but it is coming.

Gina, I worked at Joann's for years and I have my fabric collection to show for it. Be strong and don't spend all of your paycheck there!

Sandy, sorry to hear about your friend. I always have time to pray and I'll add you to the names I bring before the Lord.

May you all find peace as you go about your day!

Cyndi

mianmom
October 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Morning all! Prayers for your mom and you Blondie. Waiting for DD to wake up and rain to start. Going to get a few more ornaments started to take with me this afternoon for a playdate. I finally got DD quilt sandwiched and basted yesterday so if I get time tonight I just might get the quilting started. Have a great day!

bec
October 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Good morning! It's not raining here, but is overcast this morning. I believe the weather man said it would be dry today. We'll see if he's earning his pay. :)

Blondie, prayers are coming your way for you and your mom.

I hadn't heard about Sandy's friend. I haven't been on here much the last couple of days, but sorry to hear from this thread, just the same.

Not sure what I'm doing today...depends on the weather. uhm...it's starting to sprinkle as we speak.

Maybe I'll run to the quilt shop. :)

janluna
October 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone, Prayers for Blondie and her Mom. And for Sandy too. It won't be long and she will be visiting Gina. YAY!!!! You two will have a wonderful time!!!
Gina so glad you are back. Love you Sweetie!
Well, I have to go make an appointment for Smokey the dog, he has a bad tooth I think. It probably needs pulling. He's not eating and if he tries he yips and walks away. So I'll be doing Vet duty today. Love you all, and prayers for all who need them, Hugs, Jan

patticakes
October 12th, 2011, 01:25 PM
So glad to see Gina is back also! Hi Gina!!!!
Jan so sorry about Smokey's toothache...ouch! Good luck at the vet!

quilter.martha
October 12th, 2011, 01:49 PM
A very rainy wednesday here, not improved by my daughter's kitten who is staying with his granny while she is off in Ghana building a...........um............er........ think this one is a power station. (it could be a wind farm?) Anyway, Orwell (kitten) is now a 'big outside cat' and apparently outside has the best game everrrrrrrrrrrr. What you do is dive into a pile of leaves that granny has just carefully raked together, grab a leaf from the veryyyyyyy bottom, leap out of the pile with a flurrish and run around the garden like a maniac with the leaf in your mouth then fly like superman in the sittingroom window. Thennnnnnnnnn you spit out the leaf on the new carpet and fly out again for round 2. Now round 2 is special......it involves digging up a slug or even better a worm and flying back into the sittingroom to spit it out. After that the game get repetative but apparently very satisfying. Improved greatly by granny's increased vocabulary of profanities!

Ah life is good when you are a kitten.

Oh how I miss my kitty....this playful kitty sounds sooooo wonderful to me.

middlesis1966
October 12th, 2011, 02:52 PM
(((Sandi))) Im sorry to read of the troubles that you are having. I will add you to my prayers.

Blondie your mom sure has been through enough lately. I will keep her and you in my prayers as well. The type of leukemia you are describing is the same as what my auntie had. She had it in her 80's and the doc told her it is common in older people and it is slow in growth. He also said that she still had many years left and that she would more then likely pass from old age before this. She did do treatments but it was in a pill form because regular chemo was to harsh. She did beat it and thats what I will pray for that your mom does too!
Well I thought I was gonna have a fun filled afternoon with my new hobby:-( Dang rain. I had taken the afternoon off and was gonna try fabric dyeing. I started to get set up then came out into the living room and saw the rain, UGH!!! So instead of doing that Im gonna have to clean a spot out in the basement instead. Im not going to put it off any longer. Our basement isnt finished so it will be ok to do it down there. I will have to clean, yuck! Oh well all in the name of crafting!!!
Have a fun filled rainy afternoon all!

Blondie
October 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hi Ladies
Still drizzly here - I have gotten through some of my projects as far as getting them sandwiched for hand quilting. I have a few runners that still need binding finished as well. Our spirits are high and Mom is great about it all. Her dr is one of a kind and we so adore him. He called me last night - how many dr's do that? - and encouraged me to see this through. Our history with him the past 4 years has created a special bond, as he took care of my precious Daddy as well. I trust this man's judgement and expect his frank honesty, which has always been evident.
Paula, she is not going for chemo treatment as in the past. She will also have a pill but because she has so many other issues besides the leuk - it is complicated. Let me just say that in her case, the leuk is morphing and showing up in her belly and one lung again and is mimicking different cancer. When we went through this the last time, she had multiple transfusions that were helpful and most necessary. I am trying not to faint in the mind as I remember all too well the past, even though my Mom doesn't. She just remembers she was ill and that I was there. Being the Pollyanna person
I am, I will be fine. Each day is special when you realize that the only thing we can truly control is our faith. That is steadfast.
Gina - so glad that you are back with us! Lucky girl to land a job at Joanne's. I would never receive a paycheck. LOL.

Later gators
Blondie

Loonwatcher
October 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Oh Divine Daisy, what a hilarious story. Cats are such characters aren't they? gotta love 'em!

Granny Judy
October 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Yawn... daylight?? OH, yeah. I spent the night doing those strips for the Christmas swap...then collapsed around 5 a.m. Did you know it isn't even light outside at that time?? Where did my Summer go.

Just letting ya know I'm alive...and escaped from the closet sewing area. Now to find something to eat... Hugs to all and prayers being said for those in Need. With 3 cats and 2 dogs supervising my all night escapades, I feel very lucky.

Hope to catch up and get to the other side of living soon.. (like being up during the day and sleeping at night...Ah, retirement!!)

Txgrandma
October 12th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I feel like I am so far behind on here, I have been reading older posts to try and catch up with everyone and what's going on.
Blondie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, when they start getting a little older all things like that can be so scary, she is in my prayers and so are you and your sister.
Sandy so sorry about what you have gone through, losing a dear friend like that is very hard and I know it stays with you for a very long time. You are in my prayers.
Daisy love your cat story, my DIL has a rather large cat and talk about spoiled rotten. If he's not getting enough attention he will get up on an end table and whatever is sitting there he will push it with his paw, just a bit. Then he'll look at you, if he still doesn't get attention he'll push it again just a bit, then look at you, this will go on until he either gets picked up and petted or whatever is on the table gets pushed off in the floor. With two dogs and a three year old as competition for attention there are quite a few things getting knocked of. Needless to say the kids are very picky about what is left on a table. He will also antagonize the dogs, first cat I have ever seen that will pick a fight with a dog. It is quite funny to watch, of course as soon as the dogs take out after the cat the cat will jump up out of reach.
Judy, it sounds like you and I could pull some marathons, I am always up late, more times than not it will be 5 AM before I go to bed. I get started on a project and just lose all track of time. Prayers for everyone.

janluna
October 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Mary, I'm usually up late too. At least till 2AM. I have also seen 5AM roll around quite a few times. Only trouble is I can't quilt. My birds live in the same room my machine and stuff are and they object to lights after 11PM. lol They sure can tell me they are unhappy with me at the loudest possible decibels! lol I usually sleep till 7 or so and then they let me know its time to get up. Too funny.
I read a lot at night. I have a hard time sleeping sometimes because of my back and hip. I have a tv in my room but don't want to keep Joe up as he has to work. Hugs, Jan L.

BellasQuilts
October 12th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Prayers for all here: for health, for sleep, for time to quilt. Hugs all around!

Txgrandma
October 13th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Mary, I'm usually up late too. At least till 2AM. I have also seen 5AM roll around quite a few times. Only trouble is I can't quilt. My birds live in the same room my machine and stuff are and they object to lights after 11PM. lol They sure can tell me they are unhappy with me at the loudest possible decibels! lol I usually sleep till 7 or so and then they let me know its time to get up. Too funny.
I read a lot at night. I have a hard time sleeping sometimes because of my back and hip. I have a tv in my room but don't want to keep Joe up as he has to work. Hugs, Jan L.
Jan, what kind of birds do you have, I had a couple parakeets, but my favorite one was a grey cockateil. That little guy had a lot of personality and he was so much fun to watch. Do you cover their cage with a towel. I used to do that at night just to quiet him down. He was so loud he would drown out the tv. As long as he was covered up he was quiet until morning, then he would start chirping to let you know it was time to start the day. My hubby can sleep through anything, the tv especially. He'll be sound asleep but let me turn off the tv and he'll wake up every time. Sorry you have trouble with your back and hip, I do too from time to time. I also like to read at night after everyone else has gone to bed and it's nice and quiet in the house.