PDA

View Full Version : Grammas love to brag...

easyquilts
June 12th, 2015, 07:03 PM
On their grandchildren. Right?

Well.... I want to share our pride in my daughter's oldest (4 boys), who is 16, and a first year cadet in the Air Force Junior ROTC program, at his high school .

Michael was chosen to attend the Ohio Valley Leadership School, at Wright Patterson AFB, in Dayton, Ohio. Not fr from here...

This is Michael's first time away from home.....

Michael is extremely proud to wear his uniform, and was so proud to get to go to this camp. They have been doing all kinds of things.... Lots of structure, but fun things, too. Tomorrow, they will all get to fly real trainers.... The planes are small one prop, four seaters... Scary.....

Here are a couple of pics... His grandfathers would have been so proud. His paternal grandfather was a marine... A heart murmur kept my husband out.

The first pic was taken the first day.... The second was taken today, and was an. Inspection.

Thanks for looking!

Sylvia H
June 12th, 2015, 07:17 PM
That is a great accomplishment for your grandson. You have every right to brag.

Grandma Nan
June 12th, 2015, 07:23 PM
What a wonderful accomplishment. No wonder you want to brag- I would too. What a handsome young man. You should be very proud.

easyquilts
June 12th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Thank you, Sylvia. .. The AFJRROTC has made a big difference in Michael's life. He joined as a Sophomore, and will be a junior next year. He has a lot more self confidence now, and has found his niche. This week was something he really wanted to do, so we were thrilled when he was chosen to go.... I can't wait to hear how it all went.... Not that he will talk a lot... Getting information out if a teenage boy can be a challenge....

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Sandy, if you can get him to open up a bit, do let he know that there ware a whole lot of vets who are extremely proud of him and what he's doing!! Congratulations, Grandma, for having such a pride and joy in the family.

Kgrammiecaz
June 12th, 2015, 09:39 PM
You should be proud. What a great accomplishment. He looks proud in his uniform. Thanks for sharing with us.

easyquilts
June 12th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Sandy, if you can get him to open up a bit, do let he know that there ware a whole lot of vets who are extremely proud of him and what he's doing!! Congratulations, Grandma, for having such a pride and joy in the family.

Sandy... I will certainly do that. Michael's father's side if the family has a lot if service people... I thunk Michael feels he us taking his place... I think he will continue with ROTC in college, and serve in the Air Force. If he dies, he will be the family 's first gully commissioned officer.

I am awed by the near reverence Michael has for his uniform, and what it stands for. He would never do anything to dishonor it...

Just before he left for camp, our pastor prayed either him, his brothers and mother.... Dad was at work. This meant a lot to us, and to Micharl.

easyquilts
June 12th, 2015, 11:17 PM
You should be proud. What a great accomplishment. He looks proud in his uniform. Thanks for sharing with us.

Yes... He is proud... He understands what that uniform stands for....

mommamarsh
June 13th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Wonderful !

klgls
June 13th, 2015, 12:58 AM
This will be so good for Michael. My oldest grandson went this route too. He also was a rifle driller. I so loved watching him perform. It was amazing what he could do with that heavy rifle. Yes, we love to brag on our grandkids. :)

JaniceR
June 13th, 2015, 01:14 AM
You just go ahead and brag away Grandma:) I would too! How exciting for him and I know you are very proud! I hope he has a wonderful time and completely enjoys every minute!!

stationarymom
June 13th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Sandy you have a lot to brag about,he is a fine young man.I would be proud too.

irishrn
June 13th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Grandma bragging is expected!!! Congratulations to your young man! He looks so handsome in his uniform!

Ginny B
June 13th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Brag away Grandma! What a handsome young man. It's wonderful that he got to go to the camp.

Grandma G
June 13th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Yes, grandmas like to brag and I think it is terrific. Congratulations to Michael. What a tremendous accomplishment and I know you all are so very proud of him. Let the bragging continue because it is certainly well deserved.

songbird857
June 13th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Brag away gramma!!!!

SewnByBee
June 13th, 2015, 11:56 AM
We need more young men like this!
Proud of you and your family.
Proud To Be An American!