PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a bad hair day....

Genny
June 12th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Its so humid here that it might as well be raining...so uncomfortable! My hair is having a really bad day...lol... Thanks heavens for central air.

fatquarters
June 12th, 2015, 12:43 PM
It's a bad hair day at my house too, but it's the wind! says 35 km an hour, but I think it's worse....it howls!

Carrie J
June 12th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Genny, LOL, we call those " hot wet, blanket" days here! Why we Texans developed "BIG hair"! (LOADS of hair spray) Hey Gerri......remember THOSE days! :). UGH!

WendyI
June 12th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Man...I don't know what's worse. I'm sitting in my office freezing while it's pouring rain outside! ENOUGH with the rain already!!

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Hey Genny.........what.......no pictures of the "hair do" to share with us! :D

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Genny, as caught by the paparazzi.

K. McEuen
June 12th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Ha! Sandy, that is more like NM, so dry that everything is full of static electricity.

Man, the humidity does crazy things to my hair. My hair is long and fairly straight here in NM because it is so dry here. When I go back to Texas to visit, it looks like I have a perm because the humidity brings out the natural curliness in my hair. Forget my bangs when I'm there, it looks like someone stuck a poodle on my forehead.

Sonic
June 12th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Man, the humidity does crazy things to my hair. My hair is long and fairly straight here in NM because it is so dry here. When I go back to Texas to visit, it looks like I have a perm because the humidity brings out the natural curliness in my hair. Forget my bangs when I'm there, it looks like someone stuck a poodle on my forehead.
This would be why I cut a lot of mine off in the summer. Heavy curly poodle...all over my head. :D

Hmmm, sounds like I should move to NM or AZ instead of paying for an expensive salon treatment to have it straightened.
Sure was worth it though to actually know (for a few months anyway til it grew out) what it felt like to have the wind blow through my hair instead of stopping at my block of curls like a brick wall.

K. McEuen
June 12th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Yep, my hair was short in Texas. Too hot and sticky to have very much hair and mine is fairly thick. My brother and sisters have that baby fine hair, not mine. It's nice here that if it is hot it can go in a ponytail, as long as it is off my neck, it doesn't feel like I am wearing a wool hat.

Iris Girl
June 12th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I have poodle hair also except its baby fine. I keep it short around my face top and side and let the back grow (since no one in NY knows how to cut layers). In the summer I pin the back up and deal with poodle top and sides. In the winter I let the back down and it stays fairly wavy but not frizzy.

Grandma G
June 12th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Genny, LOL, we call those " hot wet, blanket" days here! Why we Texans developed "BIG hair"! (LOADS of hair spray) Hey Gerri......remember THOSE days! :). UGH!

Oh yeah, Carrie, I remember those days!! Remember what they used to say - the higher the hair, the closer to God?

Genny
June 13th, 2015, 11:02 AM

Genny, as caught by the paparazzi.

This is really close...lol...Thank heavens for hairspray!