PDA

View Full Version : Morning All! It's FRIDAY!

WendyI
June 12th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Well I must say this is a new one on me! Starting the morning thread? Where IS everyone!? Hoping Blondie and Monique are well.

My dinner plans for this evening got cancelled so I will be finally sorting through my clothes and getting them put away. Much of them will be heading for the trashbin! WHY do we hang onto these old things? I purged when we were getting the house ready to sell and there is STILL more yet to go!

Selling a curio cabinet and someone is coming to look at it tonight. Hopefully they don't lowball me to death. I hate that crap....but will be nice to get it gone. I have a wooden rocking chair that I can't GIVE away! Guess I'll just have to donate it to good will. A few other things to sell also then hopefully can get my garage door opener installed.

Tomorrow heading off to get my hair done! FINALLY! BADLY needed!

Thinking of all our forum friends who are unwell and needing our love and sending lots your way. Hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend! xox

Cathy F
June 12th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Morning all,

Running late this morning it's been a very busy week. Wendy, thanks for starting the morning thread!

Going to get some sewing done today and get back in the groove. Haven't been in the sewing room in a few weeks. I want to get the binding and hanging sleeve on my Baltimore album quilt and three quilts I got back this week from the quilter. I think my next project will be a tumbler quilt. I've made a couple of them but they were all given away as gifts. I think some fabric I bought from the daily deal would look real cute in that pattern.

Hope Blondie is ok, and her mom and brother's health are improving. Sending well wishes to all that could use a few extra today.

Amy R
June 12th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Yayyyyy hair day always perks me up! Even doing my own hair I still feel better.

Hope you get a good price on your cabinet. I've filled a small one with fabrics, love seeing them showcased.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Well, well, well - look here, it's Wendy!! When you get finished with your clothes would you run down here and convince me I no longer need . . . whatever takes up all the excess room in my closet? Actually I did some snatch and donates recently and it made a difference. Now if I could get Al to follow through on his agreement to go through his stuff. Oh, well, he does have a moving box with the bottom taped up. Guess that was enough work for a year or so . . .

Had my eye injection yesterday and I was sure hoping it would go the same as usual - but I was in pain the rest of the day. Very unusual. It is better today but still not just right. Needless to say, after making a run to the grocery with Al, the rest of my day was down-hill. I even wound up going to bed before 7:30 to give it a rest.

It poured down rain here last night - that contributed to the early bedtime. Evidently a couple small tornadoes struck northeast of here, minimal damage. The winds did blow a tractor-trailer off the road though. We really should have taken advantage of the warmer than record weather and mowed - but alas, the grass is taller than it should be. We'll have to bale again.

Here's to a wonderful day of fun and laughter for everyone. I'm off to play with the fairies.

irishrn
June 12th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Morning all!! This whole week has been so strange. Have absolutely NO energy. Yet I sleep on installments! Alternating between head totally congested and then draining and giving me coughing fits! But worse is that DH is having periods of confusion that are new. He seems to be all concerned and confused with what's going on with master bedroom renovations. He has done nothing to prepare and refuses to purge any of his clothes or things that have been piling up for 20 years! Yesterday he slept until 1pm so I got nothing done in the bedroom but had no energy to do anything I could have done upstairs. I just can't get my act together! And this coming Wednesday the renovations start with the new flooring. Oh well, this too shall pass!!!

I hope all have a good day and a good weekend! So much is happening to friends here. Hugs all around!

Ahamblin
June 12th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Good Morning All. I am usually on the late side looking at this thread so I don't contribute a lot but right on time today.

Wendy so glad all is going well for you. Love your new place. It's a wonderful feeling when you realize you can do so much on your own.

Haven't been around a lot lately. My DH is not in good health. He has COPD and back issues that cause him quite a bit of pain. We rented a wheelchair so he could go with me to the quilt show last weekend which he really enjoyed. For the last few weeks he has been having an on again/off again battle with bronchitis. (Hope I spelled that correctly). Well it got very bad last Sunday and on Monday he was admitted to the hospital. His doctor sent him to Strong Emergency around noon on Monday. They were wonderful and took excellent care of him but the hospital was packed. He was in Emergency until 8:00 pm on Tuesday because they didn't have any beds available on the floor. Sleeping and resting in the ER is very challenging especially since this is the regional trauma center. He was released on Wednesday and is doing a little better and very glad to be home. We have quite a few follow up appointments today and early next week and a health care manager is coming by today to work with him. I have not had any available time to quilt but hopefully will squeeze in a little time in the next few days. Got up this morning and watched the new tutorial and immediately ordered not only the DD but also the strip set that Jenny used. Can't wait for them to get here. I really don't need anymore fabric but sometimes you just need to order fabric to lift your spirits. Also, these jelly rolls don't have any calories.

Prayers to all that are in need and have a great day.

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Good morning, everyone. Sandy, I sure hope your eye is feeling better today.

Hugs to you, forum friends.

JCY
June 12th, 2015, 10:36 AM
I hear ya, Eileen. I must have the same virus. I've been sick for 9 days. Head congestion & cough remain, but overall things are getting better. It really saps one's energy. At least I'm sleeping better at night than when my sinuses were so clogged. (The Neti Pot really helps.) I've been doing only the bare essentials. I've done no sewing all this time. I need to wash one baby quilt in prep. for gifting. A gal is having twin boys next mo. There will be 4 new moms at the next baby shower at church in Aug. I hope I have enough quilts made ahead that I won't need to rush to make more. In the meantime, more rain, so I don't know when I'll get the flower beds weeded. The ground is saturated--again.

Wendy, it's so nice to see you here on a reg. basis. Glad you're getting settled into your new place. I need to rid out clothes I don't wear, too. There is a children's home in our area that has a 2nd hand shop, so I'll probably donate items to them. Just one more thing on my to-do list.

I just watched Jenny's new tut. I have some batiks on hand that might work for that. So many quilts I'd like to make, but not enough time.

I hope everyone has a good day. It's almost the weekend. I'm scheduled for a much needed massage tomorrow.

Bubby
June 12th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Morning Everyone,

I was going to start the morning thread earlier but got a phone call that lasted almost an hour. Thanks for starting the thread, Wendy.

I'm working on the rail fence/pinwheel quilt that was Jenny's tutorial last week. I found an older jellyroll of Heart of a Nation and added some Civil War prints to it. This quilt is a venture outside the box for me colorwise. The pattern is not difficult but there are several steps to make a block. Jeff is liking how it looks already. Today's tutorial is beautiful made in batiks.

It's going to be 90+ here today. We mowed for 3 hours after dinner last night and I really feel it today. I think I need rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. I went through that with the left should a few years ago and believe me when I say I'm not anxious to repeat that ordeal again. I found M* one night when I couldn't sleep after my shoulder surgery and I've been hanging around here since then. That was something good that came out of it. My repaired shoulder is wonderful and much stronger than my natural shoulder.

Wishing everyone a blessed Friday.

Lori63
June 12th, 2015, 12:08 PM
:icon_wave:I've been lurking on the daily thread, but haven't posted. I enjoy reading everything that's going on in your lives:icon_bigsmile: I'll tell you just a bit about myself. I still work full time so of course I never have enough time for sewing. I have a sweet hubby and four grown children. I have one granddaughter who is 15 months and a grandchild on the way.

I learned to sew when I was in 4H. For years my only sewing was my kids Halloween costumes. Then once the kids grew up, I found I had more time for myself. So a couple years ago I treated myself to an embroidery machine (HSN will get you everytime). That got me back into sewing and after discovering Jenny's tutorials I was hooked on quilting.

I took yesterday and today off work and have gotten to play a lot! I made 27 table runners for a friend's daughter's wedding, embroidered a set of towels for another wedding and today I put together a quick baby quilt made from a charm pack. I plan to run out to get fabric for a border and backing. Hopefully I can get it sandwiched and starting quilting it today also. Plus we have no plans this weekend so I get to play/sew a lot. That doesn't usually happen, so I'll enjoy it when I can.

It's been fun getting to know everyone on the forum, it's also a great place to learn and ask questions. Thanks everyone for being so welcoming:icon_bigsmile:

Lori

SuzyQue
June 12th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Late in the day update. Hubby did get about 30 acres of soybeans planted yesterday, working up each section as he went. He was out well past dark, something he hates to do. It hasn't rained yet, but it is forecasted and it has been dark and gloomy all day. He has only 8 acres to go, but it is in a muddy spot and fears it might not get done for many a dry day. Since we have rain forecast till next Thursday.........it might be a weed patch this year~

And...........I haven't touched my machines in ever so long, so need to get to it!