PDA

View Full Version : Can someone kick off our Friday morning?

Grandma Nan
June 12th, 2015, 09:18 AM
My goodness we are creatures of habit

I can't seem to get going without going through the morning post. I just kind of fall apart when Blondie doesn't kick us off with her wonderful stories. I do hope everything is going well on her hill. Last post sounded like there was a lot of life happening to her. Prayers that things have settled down.

Dull day but the perfect day for a Quilt Show- Quilts Kingston is on today til Sunday and it is really a fantastic show of local talent. I was there all day yesterday setting up and there are some real treats for people attending. If you are in the area it is worth the drive. Oh my so much stuff in the quilt boutique. I hope it is all purchased or we have a lot to pack up to take home. The Quilt Show is pretty much taking up my weekend. Then next week is a 4 shop hop in our area and then Row by Row. What a busy summer of quilting activities.

Also trying to get rid of some extra things at my son's yard sale tomorrow. I used to sell Pampered Chef and I have a lot of duplicates and extra things so trying to get our basement in shape by getting rid of some of it. I will be happy to have the extra gone. I love the product but I have too much. The method in my madness is more quilt fabric $$$$.

Well folksies (didn't want you to miss Blondie too much) time to go. Finish the coffee and get moving. The early bird catches the worm and there were some good things to buy at the boutique.

songbird857
June 12th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Goooood morning :)
Still piecing the top of my quilt together - it sure does take a while to piece those HST's into bigger blocks! Of course, that is with interruptions, but I'll get there.
Hubby gave my DD her first driving lesson yesterday - she did well. Won't be long now!
Hope everyone has a faaaabulous day!

GrammaBabs
June 12th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Good morning!
Hope you day goes well!!!
Was planning on the pool, but it's not looking too good right now.. so guess where I'll be...LOL
Hope to get a picture of the finished quilt for my DD's gift giving at a shower in July...
Look at me,,, all "ahead of the game"... wonders never cease...
Hugs, to all,,, GB

Spiff
June 12th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Started my Friday morning like I always try to. Jenny's new tutorial and a cup of coffee. Taking the boat out for an overnight so off to finish up laundry so we can be one our way. Taking a small amount of hand sewing with me so I have something to do this evening.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 12th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Good morning! I'm back from my time on Tybee Island with my family. We had fun, it sure is pretty down there! Went to the beach, went out on a dolphin watching cruise ( we saw a lot of dolphins!) and climbed a 140 foot working light house (178 steps!). I was surprised to see that the Savannah River is an entry for the Port of Savannah, we saw container ships coming in and out all the time.

Want to get back to working on quilts. I really like that one in the tutorial for today, and I have several candidates in the jelly roll box that would be great for that quilt.

I hope you all have a great day! Happy sewing!

Cathy F
June 12th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Morning all,
Just jumping on quickly to say hello it's been a busy crazy week. I hope to get in the sewing room today after being absent in it for a few weeks. Want to get binding and a hanging sleeve on one quilt and just got 3 others back from the quilter that need to be bound. I'm looking forward to starting a new project and think I'll make another tumbler quilt. I've made a couple but have given them away. I got fabric from a daily deal that I think would be cute in that pattern.

Grandma Nan, I love Pampered chef products, especially their baking sheets. I bake all my cookies on them and can't go back to the old cookie sheets anymore.

Jean, Glad you had a great trip. I must tell you I packed a ton of stuff in my travel set from you. I was amazed at how much it held!

Off to start my day, hugs and well wishes to all.

Carrie J
June 12th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Morning All!
Thanks Nan for the thread.....I too hope all is well with Blondie! And speaking of Pampered Chef, oh yeah, wish I was closer to take those extras off your hands....GEESH!!!! Love the things I have purchased over the years, they are WELL worth the price!

Last day here to get out of the way, then 6 lovely days to myself, whoop!!!! Sew, sew, sew!!! Todays's tut really grabbed me, and guess that will be third in line. It's been hot this week, but a small cool front coming in and rain for the weekend.......PERFECT :D!!!!!
Hope all here have a great day and super weekend! Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them!

WendyI
June 12th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone...I actually DID start a morning thread! LOL! My first one EVER! :)

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/54032-morning-all-its-friday.html

Grandma Nan
June 12th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone...I actually DID start a morning thread! LOL! My first one EVER! :)

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/54032-morning-all-its-friday.html

Sorry Wendy, I didn't see your thread started.