PDA

View Full Version : Curious question of the day.

Hulamoon
June 11th, 2015, 10:49 PM
My stepson stopped by today ( to cut up a 150# tuna he caught! ) so I'm watching little Maya in the house playing tea party and whatever else she found to dump out. lol I gave her an egg timer ( shaped like a chicken ) Then I remember that I had an owl I never opened.

Why does the chicken turn to the right and the owl turn to the left?

easyquilts
June 11th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Hmmmmmm... I'll have to thunk about that.....

pcbatiks
June 11th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Maybe the owl is left handed...or left winged! :lol:

quiltsRfun
June 12th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Maybe the owl is left handed...or left winged! :lol:
A left wing owl. Thought we were supposed to avoid political discussions. LOL

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 12:30 AM
A left wing owl. Thought we were supposed to avoid political discussions. LOL
That was a good one! I really do want to know though. I need an answer! lol

quiltsRfun
June 12th, 2015, 12:31 AM
That was a good one! I really do want to know though. I need an answer! lol

Are they both from the same company?

bubba
June 12th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Maybe one is from south of the equator.....

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 12:48 AM
Okay the owl was designed in the Netherlands and the chick probably designed in the USA and both made in China. lol
Amazon.com: Owlet 60 Minute Kitchen Timer - Red: Owl Kitchen Timer: Kitchen & Dining (http://www.amazon.com/Owlet-60-Minute-Kitchen-Timer/dp/B008R9QPA0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1434080456&sr=8-17&keywords=kitchen+timer+kikkerland)

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Living-Chicken-Novelty-Kitchen/dp/B00ONSO54M/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1434080537&sr=1-6&keywords=kitchen+timer+chicken

But why different directions?

quiltsRfun
June 12th, 2015, 01:34 AM
If they're from different companies I'd say it's just the choice of the manufacturer or designer.

pcbatiks
June 12th, 2015, 01:40 AM
Maybe it was just a tired worker.....at the end of the day........and they put the timer together incorrectly.

Haha.....I didn't realize what I wrote until later. Guess the left winged owl takes his political views literally. :D

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Maybe it was just a tired worker.....at the end of the day........and they put the timer together incorrectly.

Haha.....I didn't realize what I wrote until later. Guess the left winged owl takes his political views literally. :D

I didn't know the difference between left and right wing until I was really old. I would probably still have to look it up. lol

quiltsRfun
June 12th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Maybe one is from south of the equator.....
Now there's an explanation that makes sense. :D

bubba
June 12th, 2015, 02:11 AM
I didn't know the difference between left and right wing until I was really old. I would probably still have to look it up. lol

You put your right wing in, you put your right wing out, you put your right wing in and shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...that's what it's all about!!

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Now there's an explanation that makes sense. :D

I went to New Zealand expecting the toilet to go the other way. Turns out it's just the mehanics. It's all a myth. Sad huh? lol

Well the chicken works and the owl buzzes too soon. Aren't you glad to know? :icon_crazy:

quiltsRfun
June 12th, 2015, 02:23 AM
Can we see pictures of the objects in question? I'm sure that would bea. Great help to clearing up this mystery.

quiltsRfun
June 12th, 2015, 02:24 AM
You put your right wing in, you put your right wing out, you put your right wing in and shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...that's what it's all about!!
Oh, bubba. You crack me up.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 02:25 AM
Post #8 But I bought them at the market.

quiltsRfun
June 12th, 2015, 02:29 AM
How did I miss that? They're cute little guys/gals.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 02:34 AM

That's how you vote? I like that idea, because ............Sorry had to deleate.

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Isn't it amazing the silly things that can get us all distracted and keep us entertained . . . for hours? Sort of like 'why did the chicken cross the road' . . .

I want to know why Lorie thought she needed TWO kitchen timers.

Doloris
June 12th, 2015, 10:48 AM
the numbers go the same way on both, Do you mean you turn one toward the 5 minutes and one toward the 55 minutes

Pandabear
June 12th, 2015, 10:53 AM
He's looking over his shoulder for that dang chicken.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Isn't it amazing the silly things that can get us all distracted and keep us entertained . . . for hours? Sort of like 'why did the chicken cross the road' . . .

I want to know why Lorie thought she needed TWO kitchen timers.

Yeah, I had one of those distracting day's. Must of been the tea party with Maya. The owl timer was actually for a member here that collects owls. Of course I don't remember who it is. So if you know who you are and want a timer that buzzes early, Pm me. :lol:

SallyO'Sews
June 12th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Maybe the owl is from south of the Equator... :lol:

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 02:08 PM
the numbers go the same way on both, Do you mean you turn one toward the 5 minutes and one toward the 55 minutes
But that's the curious thing, the numbers go in different directions.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 02:11 PM
He's looking over his shoulder for that dang chicken.

I had to think on that. lol

Doloris
June 12th, 2015, 04:24 PM
But that's the curious thing, the numbers go in different directions.

sounds like somebody glued the number strip on wrong. That is why it goes off wrong. try setting it to the same place as the other one. Disregard the numbers, and see if they go off at the same time

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 04:42 PM
sounds like somebody glued the number strip on wrong. That is why it goes off wrong. try setting it to the same place as the other one. Disregard the numbers, and see if they go off at the same time
It's not glued on, it''s molded. I think it's like how Japanese people read from the back of a book.

I think I was meant to buy this to waste a forum of valuable sewing time.

Doloris
June 12th, 2015, 04:48 PM
well, you gotta admit , it worked.:icon_rofl:

Deegles
June 12th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Well if they were both made in China, I would say the Engrish reader/translater was off that day and so someone couldn't read the instructions. It was a 50/50 chance of being right.:icon_bigsmile:

Grandma G
June 12th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Okay the owl was designed in the Netherlands and the chick probably designed in the USA and both made in China. lol
Amazon.com: Owlet 60 Minute Kitchen Timer - Red: Owl Kitchen Timer: Kitchen & Dining (http://www.amazon.com/Owlet-60-Minute-Kitchen-Timer/dp/B008R9QPA0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1434080456&sr=8-17&keywords=kitchen+timer+kikkerland)

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Living-Chicken-Novelty-Kitchen/dp/B00ONSO54M/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1434080537&sr=1-6&keywords=kitchen+timer+chicken

But why different directions?

Probably the same reason my husband closes the plastic tie on a loaf of bread by twisting the tie towards himself (and insists he is correct) and I close by twisting it away from me. The owl was designed by men and the chicken by a woman... lol

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Oh, Gerri, don't get me started on things that men design that women have to tolerate . . . starting with clothes dryer vents, the height of kitchen cabinets, why laundry rooms are usually near the kitchen (or in the basement or garage) . . . There are many others.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Oh, Gerri, don't get me started on things that men design that women have to tolerate . . . starting with clothes dryer vents, the height of kitchen cabinets, why laundry rooms are usually near the kitchen (or in the basement or garage) . . . There are many others.

I thought that was because men had bigger plumbing issues.