PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO"s

piecemaker
March 27th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I have always sewn my binding onto the back and turned it to the front. I was watching Jenny on the binding tutorial and noticed that she sewed the binding onto the front and turned to the back. Is this the proper way, or is it personal preference?

shell.scraps
March 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I think it is personal preference. I know some people who sew on both sides at the same time....6 of one .... half dozen of another I say!! :mrgreen:

sewhot
March 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
IT is the proper way!! I promise....it is SO much easier and looks a MILLION times better!!!

I promise. Once you do it, you will wonder why you ever did it the other way!!!! :)

shell.scraps
March 27th, 2009, 11:35 AM
IT is the proper way!! I promise....it is SO much easier and looks a MILLION times better!!!

I promise. Once you do it, you will wonder why you ever did it the other way!!!! :)

now I'm going to have to check out the tutorial and see where I've been going wrong...haha

stitchywoman
March 27th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I don't know about the proper way... in my opinion everything is subject to preference! With that said... I do like it better :D It makes the seam on the front straight and smooth with no chance of stitches showing! That's why I like it better ;)