PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Everyone

TMP
June 11th, 2015, 07:12 AM
I woke up at 4:00 this morning starving . Geez no pain in my hand or hip ( psoriatic arthritis ). I just got new meds Tuesday and I just cant believe it. I am going to sew !! I am working on a Jenny's tree skirt pattern , the simple one done with charm packs. I also have another chevron quilt I would love to work on and a zillion other projects. Someone ask me what do you do with all the quilts you make, do you sell them? Well no I don't, I haven't run out of people who say can I have that one or would you make me one. I hope you all have a great day and happy sewing!!

SewnByBee
June 11th, 2015, 07:23 AM
Good morning! I woke up at 4:00 thought I would see if anyone was on here. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
TMP glad you are feelng better.

dwil23
June 11th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Good Morning to you both!

TMP, By now you have three hours of sewing done, I hope. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

songbird857
June 11th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Good morning - just popping in quickly -
hope everyone has a fantastic day today :)

Bubby
June 11th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm sore from washing windows and screens yesterday. I see some streaks today but they can just stay there. We are supposed to get three days of rain beginning tomorrow and that will mess the windows up anyway...lol!

I need to do some sewing today to get myself back in the groove. I have three projects I'm working on right now so there's plenty to do. I need to cut some 10" squares this morning.

Wishing everyone a terrific Thursday....it's Jenny Doan's birthday today!

LRM
June 11th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Good morning! TMP, I'm so glad the new meds are working. Nothing feels quite as nice as waking up feeling fine.

I am in the last stages of making a quilt for my granddaughter. I made it a slightly strange proportion, a little too wide but thought buying backing fabric would make it so I didn't have to piece the back. Got on M*, picked out the perfect fabric (I had ordered some before so I knew it was the right color) and was so excited when it arrive yesterday. Unfortunately, I bought too little. The print is directional, so I needed 3 yards to be plenty large and for some reason only bought 2. It is wide enough that I can cut some and add, but I'd have to add it to two pieces to keep the direction. Don't you just hate mistakes like that?

I might just order 3 more. I can always use what I have, but I hate that it will slow me down again.

On a happier note, I planted so many new things in my flower gardens yesterday. Like Barb I woke up sore. Who knew those tiny little muscles were needed for yard work!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

WendyI
June 11th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone! Busy work day today. Feeling a bit down today...cried yesterday for a few hours for the first time in over a month...that was a bit frustrating....just missing him this week.

Otherwise not much new in my world. Going on holidays in a few weeks so starting to try and plan for that. Thinking of all those needing love to day and hope you know it's coming your way! Have a great day everyone. xox

SuzyQue
June 11th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I hear everyone on the yard work muscle soreness. I just mowed and trimmed and swept and..................the usual, but for whatever reason, it did me in this time. The heat and humidity didn't help and I even think the turkey lunch was making me wish for a nap! I am praying for the rain to wait at least a day, so hubby can get some beans planted today. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to squeeze in some sewing somewhere!

Sandy Navas
June 11th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Not sure Kevin will get any beans in - we woke to sprinkles. Sure a lot different from the 102 degree weather we had here yesterday. Worked on a special project yesterday morning and then went out to search for 'props'. Five stores later (and a lot of unnecessary walking) I found only ONE of what I was looking for. Came home with my back flared up. You know, when you age and things start to go haywire it's either one thing or another causing you to slow down. Well, what if I don't want to slow down? Not ready yet!!!

Found out yesterday that our fears were real, DeeOGee is confirmed with lymphoma - and it's more advanced than we originally thought. Our vet recommends the steroid treatment. We sure don't like it when our furry friends aren't in their prime. Of course, he's older than I am, but he can still chase squirrels and sticks. Poor baby.

Have my third eyeball poke this morning. And then off to take advantage of a gigantic meat sale - may have to rearrange things in the freezer. If I spend $100 (and that's easy with meat) I can get 80 cents off each gallon of gas I buy on my gas card. Win-win situation.

Sending cheers and good thoughts out to everyone. Special hugs for those who need some comfort, and prayers where needed, too.

ravelim
June 11th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Just a note. I'm in the hospital for a flare of my RA.

Hugs for all.
Have a great day.

irishrn
June 11th, 2015, 12:12 PM

Hugs for all.
Have a great day.

Hope you feel better soon Mary!!!

sewbizzy
June 11th, 2015, 12:28 PM

Hugs for all.
Have a great day.

Mary, Sending prayers your way for a fast healing and a relief from pain...

KPH
June 11th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Good Morning! I've been working on the itty bitty pieces. I think I can make flying geese in my sleep. This last set didn't have hardly any trimming up. Practice makes perfect.

I saw a pin cushion on fb this morning and decided that- that excess piece of fabric and batting left over from Esther's Veggie Tale backing would be about the right size. So I whipped that up. Waiting on Mom's CNA and RN to come today, might as well be a little productive. ;-)

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Katrina

Juliet Taylor
June 11th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Sending love and positive vibes to all in need!

Hubby left the hospital today! Yeah! I was so glad! Of course nowe he is tired but we can start to go back to normal!

TMP
June 11th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Ravelim, I hope you get relief from your pain and can go home soon. Praying for you.