PDA

View Full Version : Cricket pics

WendyI
June 10th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Just thought I'd share a few pics of my girl (and one of Liam! LOL)

She really is a bit of a handful. Last night we had burgers for dinner and Liam ate one and a half and put the other half on the kitchen counter. I was watching tv and turned to check on Cricket and she wasn't on her playstand. She'd quietly jumped off and made her way over to the leftover burger and destroyed it! What a mess! I never thought to take a pic...it was pretty funny...she's a bad birdy! She's always stealing food!

111437 111438 111439 111440

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Wendy, does she talk? Love her name. Sure makes me miss mine.

Vonnie
June 10th, 2015, 10:29 AM
She's gorgeous!

My brother had an African Gray - they are so smart!

Amy R
June 10th, 2015, 10:32 AM
awww she's beautiful! Handsome boy!

Hulamoon
June 10th, 2015, 10:35 AM
She looks right at home! How is your son doing with the allergy situation?

Iris Girl
June 10th, 2015, 10:41 AM
She is adorable! I always wanted an African Grey, But my Mom had bought me a Quaker Parrot. I love the name you gave her!

Granny Fran
June 10th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks for sharing, Wendy. When I first saw this thread I thought we were going to see real crickets on your deck. lol

Your son is a cutie, you'll have to watch out for the girls soon.

Your parrot is really lovely. I did not know that they had red tail feathers. Maybe you should give her a time out when she's naughty.

WendyI
June 10th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the compliments on my boy...He's the love of my life! I don't know what I'd do without him. Granny Fran he's already had and been dumped by his third girlfriend! LOL! He deals with it so well though I'm happy to say. Lorie, Liam seems to be doing well in the allergy department. I bought two air filters that I think are helping also.

Sandy, Cricket does talk...sadly not on command yet...hoping she will some day. She says a lot of things in Russian that I can't understand since her previous owners were Russian. I've been trying to teach her good girl... and I think I heard her say it the other day. She says Hello quite clearly. Her previous owners called her Manya...and they tried to potty train her. Now when I potty train I say, "Go potty"...they said, "Manya Pooh, go Pooh Manya, Pooh, POOH MANYA"...ask me how I know this! She also does the sound of a phone dial beeping and some squeaks of outside birds, sadly mostly grackles. She says, "Weeeee Ooooo, Weeee oooo"...not sure what that means...and she sings like an opera singer. A few other things as well and I'm sure soon she will be saying BAD BIRD! LOL!

K. McEuen
June 10th, 2015, 02:08 PM
My oldest sister's stepdaughter had a little green parakeet named Happy many years ago. Happy was also very in to people food. One time we had a huge pizza delivered and Happy flew over and landed in it! We spent the next 15 minutes picking hot, sticky cheese off his feet. Then he was perched on the edge of Leah's glass and leaned into take a drink of milk and fell in. He got a sink shower for that one. He was such a goofy little guy.

It looks like Cricket made herself at home with you very quickly.

traildancer
June 10th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Your bird is so pretty. A very soft shade of grey, almost pewter-like. Thank you for sharing. Her name is pretty also.

When I read the title, I thought there would be cricket the sport pictures with Liam as the star!

bubba
June 10th, 2015, 02:50 PM
When we lived in California, we had a parakeet named Pita (pain in the ass) and every morning, he would sit on the edge of Heather's bowl and share her oatmeal. Sadly, he escaped one day, never to be seen by us again :(

We had a cockatiel for several years, also name Pita (we name all birds that!). He had been in a pet shop for a long time, next to where they kept the puppies and when he got worked up, he would whine up a storm! We also lived along the route the fire truck took, and he could make a siren noise real good too. And crow like the neighbors rooster, etc etc etc. Never talked but boy was he good at noises!

SuzyQue
June 10th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I adore this name.....it happens to be the name my son and dil are calling their baby to be, till they know the gender. My son was a lover of Eric Carle and all of his books! (and shhhhhh, but yes, I have a quilt in that genre in the works)

WendyI
June 10th, 2015, 03:45 PM
LOL Pat! Pita is a GREAT name! Wish I'd thought of it cause BOY would it suite her some days! So sorry about your first parakeet...that's so sad. :(

rebeccas-sewing
June 25th, 2015, 04:03 AM
Having had a lovebird I have a great appreciation for birds. Yours is a beauty, Wendy. Liam is a doll. I think this is the first photo I've seen of him. Have fun on your trip. Be safe. Post pics when you return.

songbird857
June 25th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Your birdie is a beauty!

Midge
June 25th, 2015, 11:21 AM
That bird is gorgeous, Wendy! If she has a propensity for opera, maybe it's time to try out a few arias around her. Might be better than bathroom talk!