PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday hellos

Blondie
June 10th, 2015, 07:38 AM

Hello Folksies

Here it is, the middle of the week and everything is about to get really interesting. This is the last week of school here in our county. Hubs has short days and do I ever have his non income earning job(s) lined up for him. In fact, just last evening, I was showing him some things in the yard that need his touch since I do not have the back or biceps that he does. But wait, FIRST things FIRST. We will be working in the stinky basement and then the room that I want to use as my sewing closet. Now don't go getting too excited for me. It is a very small room, but it has good lighting. Sis and my cousin Annie have been pouring over Pinterest and have great plans for me. Neither one really quilt. Or even sew. But Annie does do a bit. She has debilitating rheumatoid so, she is a wonderful cheerleader and pinterest fan. Sis? She does phenomenal embroidery while all I can do is primitive stitching. You know me - I am a git 'er done kinda gal. It all works out in the end. While I admire the intricate stitching that my sis does, I have a yen for mixing up colors - you know I like my scrappys - with fun perl 8 and make everything look like it was meant to look the way they end up.

Oh, wait, back to the room I will be in. It will take most of the summer because of moving things up and down the stairs. We will be needing assistance which means once more we will learn the art and rewards of patience - between Middle Son Josh, Alternate Son Ricky, SIL Stevie - while all young, strong and handsome, their schedules are wonky. It will get done when it gets done. I will be happy anyway.

Took Moms to get the xray yesterday to make sure it was not pneumonia (I really don't think it is), and brother should be coming home today if he continues to behave. He will be needing more speech therapy.

Be sure to not leave behind any valuable possession as you go on your way today. Remember that you're never fully dressed without a smile (man, I love that movie - why didn't carol burnett get an Oscar?)

Blessings, prayers and wonderfully positive vibes for each one. Go ahead and smile for me.

Bubby
June 10th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Morning Blondie & Everyone,

It's a beautiful summer morning. There is a caravan of box turtles making their way across our front yard. We seem to be a haven for turtles the past few years.

Yesterday I made blocks for a small version of the 4-patch frenzy quilt in a Halloween print. I want something small to put on a table or on the back of a kitchen chair. I have two other quilt tops that just need borders and then they can go to Reggie. Can you say I have Border Block again?

Today should be a great day and I'm off to get some housework done. Yes, I said housework.....

Have a great day everyone.

Iris Girl
June 10th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Morning all. Its my day off and very glad for that. Was nasty sick last night. Not sure what from as we all ate the same things and I am the only one that got sick. Did I mention how much I hate throwing up. Now I am afraid to eat today. Teas went down fine ...so far.
Got laundry in washing not sure what else I will accomplish. I did get the cucumber salad made. Son will be grilling chicken tonight...Not sure if I am up to eating but we'll see. One of the weekly deals will work for my runner I want to make so ordered that with the daily deal of course. Gonna look through fabric boxes for fruits and veggies for jar quilt.
I remember one year when we first moved here we had a caravan of baby snappers crossing the road. They pop out of the hole like pop up tissues...so cute when tiny.
Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs all around!

songbird857
June 10th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I am smiling for you, Blondie :) It doesn't matter if it's a small 'sewing closet' - it will be YOURS!
Now, Barb - don't go mentioning the 'H' word ;)

I made a dent in piecing the top yesterday - will accomplish more of that today. I'm taking my time with it and enjoying the process - no rushing.
Finally got DD's new to her car from hubby's school yesterday (vocational). The auto body shop went through the entire car - it' a 2004, so had some wear and tear, and a boo boo on the back bumper. It looks brand new now! They went over every nook and cranny and repaired, replaced, and repainted the whole car. Once the Shop teacher found out if was for our daughter, he treated it like it was for his daughter - what a blessing!
So, besides sewing today, I will actually get some 'H' done myself ;) Have a great day everyone..

Ginny B
June 10th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Good morning all. Yes, here we are at Wednesday. It's been a busy time at work this week so far but nothing overwhelming. Blondie how exciting to be planning a special room for yourself. I love the planning part of things like this and it's great that you have your sis and cousin involved with gathering ideas for you.

Barb, you need to put up a "Turtle Crossing" sign in your yard. :)

It is a beautiful morning here too. No wind, no rain but some nice Sunshine! Loving it.

Have a great hump day everyone.

Blondie
June 10th, 2015, 08:14 AM
April, feel better sweetie. I have always wanted to make a jar quilt. Yet another for my never ending bucket list. I will most likely do what I've done with other quilt tops that I like - I will turn the blocks into placemats or runners.

Blessings to you.

Bubby - when you are done with your housework, come on over to mine. All the cleaning I did in the past month has mostly been at Mom's getting ready for my Auntie's visit. Love the turtles. I've never seen a caravan of them. Just the one or two that like our veggie garden in the summer.

RFREE
June 10th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone.
I am trying to stay busy this summer break to keep my mind off what is coming up. I am being moved out of the classroom I have been in for the last 7 years. Mixed feelings about it. On one hand I am glad to finally have something to do as our classroom has dwindled to just 4 students who for the most part aren't medically dependant and I have been doing absolutely nothing for the past 7 months.(Makes for a looooong day) But I will miss the kids ad the staff I have grown to love. I will be the nurse for a local elementary school just about 1/4 mile away. Excited but anxious too. Never been over 300+ kiddos before!!

We;me and sister Kim; have been working on the western baby quilt off and on for the past 2 weeks. I can't wait to get it done. It's gonna be super sweet. Needless to say Kim is learning alot about applique. And best thing she likes it!!!
We have recently taken a summer job cleaning cabins. I only done it to hang it out with her. We are having a blast too. She is such a hoot. Our boss don't know how to take us. We are always goofing off laughing.

Congrats on the new room Blondie! No matter how small its a great place to get away. Best move I ever made was turning my garage into "My space". But keeping it clean??? Barb.. Come on over. Once again it looks like a train came through it!!

Barb I love turtles! My favorite thing at zoos is the giant turtles. I could watch them all day long.

You guys have a great day sew on ladies and gents.
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

Grandma Nan
June 10th, 2015, 09:09 AM
good morning to all

Well I'm planning a fun for me day. I need (a little strong, more want) to get my nails done). Come home and do some sewing and then I will go visit my dad. Tonight is DH's night that he runs so its a good opportunity for me to go see him. He is so independent at 84. Cooks,cleans, does his own laundry, still drives and maintains a house. He is a pretty amazing guy. Plus all that he looked after my mom for 2 years before she passed earlier this spring.

I am working away at my hand quilting and I am finally happy with the quilting design. I have tried 3 different patterns and ended up pulling them out. I ended up with just outlining the flower applique. I wish now I had used another colour of thread but I'm not ripping it out again- 3rd times the charm so they say.

Starting tomorrow we are setting up a fairly big quilt show here in Kingston. So I will be involved from tomorrow through till Sunday afternoon with a variety of jobs. It is a major fund raiser and should be fun. I hope people turn out as it is a summer weekend. I may be absent for a few days as I have to work every morning from Thursday to Sunday but hope to have some time in the evening. Its also the 25th anniversary of this guild so a big weekend with lots of vendors. I will need to keep an eye on my wallet(lol) and keep reminding myself I don't need anything.

Have a happy day and get one of those coffee smiles on right away.

Mom23
June 10th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Good Morning All,

After looking at all of the beautiful bags and feeling like I couldn't do that, I jumped right on the Daily Deal today. I needed a couple other small items so I didn't mind paying the shipping. I am going to make some of those bags but they might not make Show and Tell. It's been years since I put in a zipper and I remember it being a struggle.

Today is a big day in our family. My nephew is to be chosen in the MLB baseball draft. it's Day 3 of the draft so he isn't a top pick but it's still so much fun watching his dream come true. He has worked so hard for this. He won't tell us which team he is going to as it's supposed to be bad luck. It doesn't matter to me, I will proudly wear a hat for whatever team it is.

I haven't gotten much sewing accomplished lately but I have lots of strawberry jam on the counter and the house looks pretty decent. I have a couple of projects I would like to complete before vacation next week. We shall see what the day brings. Draft starts at 11 so I only have 4 hours to get busy.

Blondie, you sure had one heck of a week last week. Glad you have people willing to help with your sewing room. Pinterest has so many great ideas. Wish I was closer to come over to help. Glad your sweet mama is doing better. It will be nice next week when your hubby doesn't have to go to work. Double the work will get done and you will feel so much better.

Peace and Blessings to All!

quiltingtrish
June 10th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone~
ooh - a new sewing room, wish I could come down and help but the shoulders just can't take the heavy stuff anymore. In fact, just yesterday I was asked to help pack boxes and then move them. I could pack them but have to leave the lifting to someone else.

Tidying up this morning and washing a baby quilt top. Heading for an overnight at my BFF's home and tomorrow we are off to the beach for a few days with another friend. I won't be checking in here until Monday sometime. When I get back, our new central air and furnace should be installed. I do wish I were here for the tearing out of the old and installing of the new, I like to watch and learn, even if my memory would probably only retain that information for about a week. haha!

Off to pack while the quilt is drying. Will post photos next week. I do wish I could take some of you with me.

WendyI
June 10th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Mornin everyone! Missed out on yesterday...stayed home with a headache and some anxiety....thought I might feel better in the afternoon and maybe get some stuff done but alas I did not. I did spend a few hours watching Mike Rowe on Somebody's Gotta Do It..his new show on CNN. I LOVE THAT MAN! I just end every episode with a big smile on my face. If he's married, his wife is one lucky lady and if he's not...why?!

Blondie, congrats on the new room..it's so nice to have a sewing space that's just yours. I really must get mine on the go and get back to it. Well I'm gonna try and catch up on posts that I missed yesterday before my meeting at ten. I have a tonne of work to do but my headache is still niggling around so going to take it slow today.

Thinking of everyone who needs love today and sending lots your way! You know who you are. xoxox

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Everyone has such wonderful plans for the day/week/week-end and all I have to look forward to is . . . SEWING. Two quilts in the works and a special play mat for someone very near and dear to me (it may take over as the primary for the day - it sure did yesterday).

We had a gorgeous day yesterday and it appears to be holding out for us today as the sun is out, the sky is BLUE and the birds are singing.

Sending very special thoughts and prayers out for EVERYone!! Let this hump day be the best of the bestest.

Carrie J
June 10th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Blondie, thanks to you, new banana in hand here, LOL! And no matter the size of your room, it will be yours!!!! YAY!

Workaday here, but did manage an all day sewfest yesterday, ahhhhh! Few more days, then 6 off. Need to have a discussion about that, otherwise it's a beautiful sunny day here, and the birds are a singing . Hugs and Blessings to all! :D

Sylvia H
June 10th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone! It is still cool enough to keep the windows open at the front of the house, but the back, uh uh, its too sunny and too warm. I know I'll be running the AC again later today.

I have a busy day that includes the "H" word! Need to get the first floor tidied up before my daughter arrives. I invited my sister to join us for dinner tonight. It is three months today that her home burned down. (I haven't posted about this before.) It has been an "experience" to say the least, for our family. I'm there to give her whatever support I can. We are the only sibs in our family, and all other relatives are far, far away. We talked yesterday, and she has cause to be upset about something happening at her son's house, where she is staying. It will be a good break for her to spend some time away.

I'm sitting here finishing breakfast and my 2nd cup of coffee. My dog is lying, a bit impatiently on the floor, waiting for me to clear off the table so he can get his "good boy" treat. He always gets a little treat after meals for being a good boy and not pestering or begging while the humans eat. I think this might be my cue to get up and get going.

Hope everyone has a great day.

songbird857
June 10th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Today is a big day in our family. My nephew is to be chosen in the MLB baseball draft. it's Day 3 of the draft so he isn't a top pick but it's still so much fun watching his dream come true. He has worked so hard for this.
Peace and Blessings to All!
Wow, Robin! That is something special :)

ceiliam
June 10th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Morning all Blondie your own space, that is so great. Robin good for your nephew glad his dreams are comming true
Housework, so.ething needs to be done. But wish i could just wiggle my nose......
I have been getting all my stuff put to getter for Panguitch quilt walk, doing a road trip bag. I am a. Little nervous abt this nevet done a bag before. Then Hawaiian. Applique class never done this before. So should be fun.
Hope all who feel bad get better soon, and you all have great day. Cecelia

MRoy
June 10th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Good morning or afternoon depending on your location. I'm headed out shortly to visit the local quilt shop. I hear they've added a long arm machine and I want to see it! I've done my daily housework (not a lot!) and I'm ready for a little me time. Have a great hump day.

Mom23
June 10th, 2015, 02:19 PM
My nephew was drafted #407, Round 14 to the Colorado Rockies. I could not be more proud of him. He is one month older than my youngest and we spent a lot of time together when the boys were young. From the time Sam could throw a ball that's all he wanted to do. He had a great arm at a very early age. His dad was an excellent ball player as well but had a diving accident and was paralyzed in his 20's. He has been Sam's #1 supporter, rarely missing a game in his entire school/college career.

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Morning all Blondie your own space, that is so great. Robin good for your nephew glad his dreams are comming true
Housework, so.ething needs to be done. But wish i could just wiggle my nose......
I have been getting all my stuff put to getter for Panguitch quilt walk, doing a road trip bag. I am a. Little nervous abt this nevet done a bag before. Then Hawaiian. Applique class never done this before. So should be fun.
Hope all who feel bad get better soon, and you all have great day. Cecelia

If I remember correctly, Jenny did the Panguitch quilt walk a couple years ago (or was it just last year???). Wish I could go with you.

SuzyQue
June 10th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Although it is hot and humid here today, I am thinking of thanksgiving. I put a turkey breast in the crock pot last night and we will have all the trimmings at 2......late lunch for my farmer guy. It smells heavenly about now! I am sure hoping and praying that he can get in the fields and get some beans planted before it rains again on Thursday night. I wish I had time to do a pumpkin pie for that man, but alas, I thought of that too late!

Received a photo of the tiny grand baby to be this morning. Yep---already in love!

Mowing in the late afternoon, to beat some heat..........so maybe a bit of piecing in between. I wish everyone a joyous day!

songbird857
June 10th, 2015, 03:35 PM
My nephew was drafted #407, Round 14 to the Colorado Rockies. I could not be more proud of him. He is one month older than my youngest and we spent a lot of time together when the boys were young. From the time Sam could throw a ball that's all he wanted to do. He had a great arm at a very early age. His dad was an excellent ball player as well but had a diving accident and was paralyzed in his 20's. He has been Sam's #1 supporter, rarely missing a game in his entire school/college career.
Is your nephew a pitcher?

Mom23
June 10th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Is your nephew a pitcher?

Yes he is. He grew up in Central Illinois, went to Jr. College in Champaign, Il and spent the last two years pitching for University of Arkansas, Little Rock.