PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Blondie
June 9th, 2015, 07:17 AM

Bon Jour, Buenos Dias, Guten Morgen, and in general HELLO FOLKSIES!

Here I am still alive and kicking. I have survived airports, first birthday parties, two seniors in and out of the hospital and water in my basement again. I sure am happy to be back home here on the MSQC. I think. For those I haven't answered pm's yet, I will read them and answer as quickly as my eyes can read and fingers can type. Promise.

Okay, so here's the scoop. Auntie arrived on time. She is so adorable. She is truly one of the best cheerleaders any person can have in their corner. That was Thursday night. We didn't get home and to bed until it was time to get up. Work for me on Friday, then it was mystery dinner at Mom's. Lucky us, it was yet another round of thawed out spaghetti sauce. Perhaps it was just my lack of sleep, but it tasted remarkably like spaghetti this time.
Family members were dropping by during the past several days, each one gifting my Aunt with photos of she and my Uncle. We spent some time assembling them in a small photo album she could carry back home with her.
It was delightful to spend time with her.

On Friday Mom was not feeling her best and was hacking. Sis went to stay with Auntie while I rescheduled a few afternoon clients and got her to the doc. Meds were dispensed for bronchitis. It didn't help. She stayed one night in the hospital, coming home on Sunday. She may have to go back today. On Sunday once I got Mom home, my brother was visiting. He started acting weird, which, if you knew my brother is nothing out of the way or new. Never know what goes on in his brain. Well, what was going on was a stroke. A small one, but, he has had 3 previous small strokes in the past 12 months. I was thankful Larry was there to help get him in a vehicle. He is still at the hospital, doing well, he may come home today?

On Saturday was Tyler's first birthday party. You know how clueless kids are at those first ones. I have to get the pics from DD since I don't know how to get them off of the phone my BIL let me borrow that takes pictures. I know, I am lame.

We won't discuss the stinky water in the basement. We will have to save up to get a sump pump. It appears that after we had a small earthquake here a few years back, it cracked the basement floor a bit and when it rains buckets like it has recently, it seeps in from there. So, wet vac, big brooms and lots of blue air are my nightly companions.

But hey! Do you know what? I still found loads of time to laugh and smile. It would take a whole lot more than the above to make me frown for long. Life is sweet, sour, bitter and sweet. Mostly all at once. Watch me pucker my lips into a smile! Blessings to all, many prayers and loads of smiles!

DramaMama
June 9th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Oh, my goodness Blondie!

Sending prayers and blessings to you and family.

Your positivity is an inspiration!

pcbatiks
June 9th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Prayers for your mom & brother, Blondie.

Monique
June 9th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Blondie, you have had quite a time. I hope they all recover well.

Worked all day and did not put one stitch into the quilt. My heart just wasn't into it. Drove to the dollar store at lunch time for something to do and watched my show and a movie in the afternoon.

Today I have to take Dougie to have his wheels aligned and then off to Renfrew so he can get his temporary driver's license. Will stop at the grocery store for a few things.

Tomorrow is a free day and then Thursday I have to take Dougie to Ottawa to have a breathalyzer machine installed in his car and then he is on his own. No more driving Miss Dougie around. Friday is shop hop day with Bonnie. I am tired just thinking about the week.

Have a great day friends.

Bubby
June 9th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Morning Everyone

You have been having a real time Blondie. Glad you have been enjoying your Auntie. I have a favorite aunt who is not able to travel any longer. She last visited us about three years ago. She showed up at our door with her sewing machine and about 5 large trash bags full of fabric scraps mostly Christmas prints. She was determined to make us a tree skirt because she saw a picture of our tree and that I used 'a ratty old quilt' as a skirt. I now have a proper Christmas tree skirt.

I'm happy to hear Moms is improving. She has done well for a long stretch and hopefully this will be a passing thing. Bless her sweet heart. My prayers are going up for your brother.

We had another storm early this morning but it was minor compared to what's been going on around here lately. Yesterday I cooked dog food and made a double batch of their cookies. Everyone is happy now and I'm glad it's done.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day......

Ginny B
June 9th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Holy cow Blondie! You've had quite a time of it these past few days. And here you are still smiling. Here's hoping your mom and brother continue on their roads to recovery speedily.

It's been a busy bunch of days around here but now the downstairs bedroom is painted, room is put back together and I am loving it. It is a guest bedroom but since it is downstairs and visible (unless I close the door all the time), I really was wanting it to be freshened up. DH also got a new bbq and ds helped him get it together and it made some delish burgers on Saturday.

I didn't get into my sewing room at all over the weekend so this morning I'm heading in there to clean up a bit from the last project I was working on and get ready to move to the next. Of course, that makes it sound like I clean up after finishing each thing I work on and only work on one thing at a time and that just does not happen. I've got a bunch of things sitting around in various stages of completion but I love being in there surrounded by all the pretty fabric. :)

Have a great day everyone.

wlrquilts
June 9th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Another rainy day. My allergies/sinuses have been bothering me the past couple days. Have my local quilts meeting tonight. I do look forward to this. Didn't work on my forerunners yesterday so hopefully today.

Have a great day everyone.

Plentziana
June 9th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Good morning Blondie,it seems that his week has been a little hectic and a lot work but her wonderful sense of life and optimism make it all look so easy Im glad that her aunt has had a very happy day and remember it fondy, as to what his mother and brother, I hope everything goes well and they are back home soon, meamwhile I send prayers and greetings to you and everyone in this forum

Iris Girl
June 9th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Wow Blondie you have had your hands full last few days. Here are some healing thoughts for your Mom and Brother. Rainy again here. Need to get a couple rolls of batting at work while I have a 50% off coupon. Gotta get that massive Labyrinth Walk quilt sandwiched. Have a few few other ideas I want to work on. Looking for a perfect jelly roll see http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/quilting-questions/53909-suggestions-please.htmlfor more info. Also kicking around a jar quilt made from scraps of all fruits I have. Hope everyone has a great day, hugs all around.
Has anyone heard from Ryan and wiggles lately miss those posts.

songbird857
June 9th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Morning all :)
Blondie, I hope your brother is doing better!
Monique - I understand the not getting into the sewing mode thing - that was me yesterday... don't know if I just needed a down day after a busy weekend.
My lovely daughters threw me a party on Saturday! Now, my actual bday is not until next week (the big 5-0 kids) - which is why they were able to pull it off without me detecting a thing... When my friend invited me (about a week and a half ago) to come for dinner and a rousing game of Ticket to Ride, I did not suspect anything amiss... My younger DD took the reins on this and invited everyone, got together with a friend for shopping trips to make the yard look like something out of Pinterest, and organized the entire event! Even my librarian was there... :) I was truly overwhelmed. There was enough food for an army, so on Sunday after church, a group of us went back to my friend's house and had the yummiest leftovers ever - a two day birthday party!!! Oh yeah...
Oh, and there were quilting books, as well as gift cards to JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby and Kohls - Seriously, I almost felt guilty - like 'no way do I deserve all this!!' A true blessing.
So, since I didn't do any sewing yesterday - I must assemble that quilt top today! I'm looking forward to it.
I hope everyone has a fabulous day spending at least a few minutes doing something you love ;)

Sylvia H
June 9th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Good morning everyone! Blondie, I hope your mom is feeling better, and that you are doing well with all the activity around you.

It is going to b very warm here today. Right now, the windows are open and the fans are going. I wonder how long until I have to turn on the A/C. I have to run a few errands, will do that soon. My daughter is coming tomorrow for a short visit. She will stay until Friday. I am looking forward to cooking for her.....we test out new recipes. She is also going to visit my mother for the first time since Mom was placed in a nursing home. Mom is in the dementia unit. My daughter last saw her when she was in the hospital, and her dementia was not as bad, but she has been deteriorating quickly. I never know when I visit if Mom will recognize me or not, or even if she will respond. I am hoping that she will recognize my daughter.

I am crossing my fingers that my daughter will select the pictures she wants on her wedding quilt - or at least start to narrow down the possibilities. We had all the wedding guests sign neutral color charm squares, and those squares, along with the pictures, will make the quilt top. We have already enjoyed reading what everyone wrote or drew on the squares. Time for me to get some coffee and then get moving!

Hope everyone has a nice day.

GrammaBabs
June 9th, 2015, 08:41 AM
You go girl... your attitude makes my heart sing!!!!!!
We have nothing if we don't smile and see "all things in the positive"..
Hugs to your Mum and Prayers for all,, Love ya, B

Cathy F
June 9th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Morning all,

Blondie hope all is settling down at your home and mom and brother are doing better.

Was dragging around yesterday trying to keep my eyes open. We got back Sunday from our trip out to the wedding, 10 hours in the car. An extra 2 hours added to travel time as we entered back into NY, bumper to bumper traffic from the Verrazanno bridge to past Kennedy Airport. Typical for a Sunday, welcome to NY!

Wedding was beautiful, and the cake was a hit with the bride and groom.
Granddaughter is recovering well, and the pain has lessened from the surgery. So everything is good.

My sister picked up my Baltimore album quilt from the quilter and brought it out to the wedding with her. It's now home and I have to get the binding on it, but I really love how it turned out. Will post a picture when I get that done.
Need to get out in the garden and do some watering it's been a very dry summer here so far. We sure could use some rain. Seems you either get too much in some areas and none in others.
Have a good day, hugs to all who are in need of some extra.

Angelia
June 9th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the smiling lamb--I needed that!

Sending positive thoughts for all who need them. (And who among us doesn't?) :)

ceiliam
June 9th, 2015, 10:47 AM
My goodness Blondie you have a lot on your plate. Hpe mom a brother get feeling better soon . enjoy your aunt. Have a great day everyone, prayers hugs to all who need them. Cecelia

SewnByBee
June 9th, 2015, 11:16 AM
" Good morning" to all of you. Smiling now. Thanks for reminding me to put it back on.Hope you can keep this possitive attitude thruogh all this , prayers for you and yours ,Blondie.
been there, done that ,got my own T-shirt.ha ha

Have to laugh at it , sometimes my sarcastic hummer kicks in ,not to be disrespectful , just humorous. I try to stay on the light side. I think thats how I survived loosening my mom and her companion for over 10 years., in 1 year. They were my best friends. I miss them, they made me laugh, characters, yes they were.Been looking forward to saying this without crying, I did it.

I'm having COFFEE( lots of it) . Was a weird night, the A/C isn't working right no body went to bed like usual, cause it was hot and stuffy. It was so hot last night we raised the windows to cool the house. Got to sleep and "BAM!!!" the fan we put in the widow fell out and I bout had a heat attack.Did I mention this is a New unit replaced it last year. surely, it will be ok. Kinda scarry, their comming out tomorrow morn. To look at it and do the first year maintance. Realy.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day ,as this little bird is singing its heart out.How do they sing so loud to be so small?
Funny. It rained here last night ,maybe thats why the little bird is so happy, On this note, I'll go and try to get stuff done before the heat sets in.oh well at least it wasn't Hot flashes, just the a/c on the blink. Take care.

Sandy Navas
June 9th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Miss Blondie, do you know how many times I have you here:

easyquilts
June 9th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Your ability to remain positive, in the face of such mayhem... Is remarkable, and an inspiration.

I will not complain today.... About anything....

My sister snd fav coud in...more like another duster, re sly....spent Dubdsy and Mindst either me, snd left for Home this morning... We star, tslkd, ate, discussed ALL absent family members, ate, and, yes...aye dome more.

The highlight of the weekend was my DD discovering a snake under a tarp next to my patio ( I am hugely phobics...seriously).... The next day there was a VERY, VERY, LOUD noise out back....which I mistakenly thought was the expected heavy rain, falling in the patio roof... It was later discovered that said snake had gotten in my AC unit..... Oh, yuck...

Now I am terrified of my own back yard..... But have to let the little digs go potty out there... I might put them on leashes... Which they will not like.... They are used to playing in their nice back yard. Sigh.....

However.... I'm NOT complaining. .. I have my new (to me,a nywsy) Bernina to get acquainted with, and nixes of fabrics to explore. It will be a very hood day... Blessings to everyone!

Sorry for any mistakes or iPadosms...

RockinLou
June 9th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Hello friends. Just put my FOUR year old boy to bed, his birthday was yesterday and he had a blast celebrating with his friends at school about out to a restaurant for dinner. He wanted fries and apple juice and his sister wanted kachipuri, which is a Georgian (the country) bread with cheese on it, she calls it cheese-less pizza. The restaurant has a play area in it, a play house, some see saws, a small slide, kiddie couches (very common in restaurants here!) so the kids can play while DH and I visited and wait. Last night though one of the little boys playing went missing and his parents couldn't find him for about ten minutes. It was very scary, and we felt like rubberneckers. It turned out he had followed another child into the bathroom and had gotten himself locked in one of the stalls. What a relief when he as found!

I'm going to go downstairs and sort through some of my fabric for a bit. I need to decide if I'm going to attempt to sew a shirt before the weekend or just give up... I really can't make up my mind if I want to bother or not. We fly a week from Sunday and frankly, I have little motivation at the moment!

My week at work has been chaotic, a colleague of mine caused a major problem that will take hours to unravel, and he is being a real jerk about it. Fortunately, he departs for another school next year and I don't have to work with him again. Grrrr.... Other than that, things are going well and we have eight days of school left!

songbird857
June 9th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Sorry for any mistakes or iPadosms...
Sandy - I adore your ipadisms :)

Simply Quilting
June 9th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Good Morning! We have another day of sunshine here. :) So dh was finally able to get out and trim the trees. I'm fine with him trimming on the ground but him going up on the roof makes me nervous. Thankfully, he is done with everything but picking the branches which he is starting on.

We spent five hours at the pool yesterday. Then I came home and sorted through a few of boxes that we brought home from storage. Ended up taking a box of stuff for donation and several boxes to recycling. I'm starting to feel lighter already. I'm hoping that we can grab another box or two today for me to sort through after we get done at the pool today.

Blondie, sounds like you had a very full weekend. Praying that your Mom and brother both get on the mend.

Have a great Tuesday everyone :)

auntiemern
June 9th, 2015, 06:04 PM
GF, do ya know how much I love you...didn't know any of this was going on...I have not been on the forum myself for a while. Life has been in the way here too. Sending prayers for all the relatives and you too, of course. I guess I need to get to reading to catch up with all that has been going on in quilt land.

easyquilts
June 9th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Sandy - I adore your ipadisms :)

I just looked at my post, and coukdn't believe it escaped

I guess I wrote it before I gad had ebnough cuffed, and could barely see...

The day turned out to be pretty nice.... I managed to learn to thread my Gufted .bernina, and a ctuslly found that doing the front loafing bobbin wax easy... I've bern doing dome piecing, and the Stitchung is lovely.... There is do much to learn....

The house feels empty now that my sister and cousin have gone home..... It was so nice to have them.... I sent the cake amd brownies home with them... My DD. took the yummy ice cream... I can't have that stuff in the house... No siree... I know I would kerp eating small bites of EVERYTHUNG until it was all gone.

Thanks for the large print....

I try, but my iPad loves to out whit me.... His name is Buddy, and he's pretty smart...

alliek
June 9th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Yes, Life can be sweet and as you turn to smile,kick you in your "dignity". Just another day in paradise, as my son says, when I ask him how things are going. LOL. Thank you Lord, for doctors, hospitals, medicines, caring people, relatives, love, each other and another day to live it all. God Bless us all.:icon_wave:

Carrie J
June 9th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Late to the party this morning, but Blondie, all are in my prayers including you! Sandy, with Norma on your iPadisms!! :D

It's been a great day today, totally spent on sewing, doesn't get much better than that, well except chocolate! Thanks Lord for this Forum, friends new and old, and all that come with it!