PDA

View Full Version : Movie,,City of Embers

Hulamoon
June 8th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Have you ever seen it? It came on the syfi channel so I put it on my DVR. It's a really fun adventure for kids. Two save the world, or discover there is one. Super fun!

City of Ember (2008) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970411/)

kensington
June 8th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Never heard of it...

Hulamoon
June 8th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Never heard of it...

The cast is really fun. I was surprised I never heard of it either.

Angelia
June 8th, 2015, 11:23 PM
I read the book (books, actually); there was a series.

ozziepuppy
June 8th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Haven't seen that one, but we saw Big Hero 6 (children's movie) and I thought it was pretty darn cute.

Carrie J
June 9th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Very enjoyable movie! :D

shirleyknot
June 9th, 2015, 08:53 AM
I have owned a dvd copy for several years.

Deegles
June 9th, 2015, 10:14 AM
We went to the movies and saw this when it first came out and then rented it to see it again. Fantastic imagination! :icon_tup::icon_tup:

Lori63
June 9th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Would this be good for my 6 year old grandson? I'd like to find something different for him to watch other than the typical cartoon movies.

Hulamoon
June 9th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Would this be good for my 6 year old grandson? I'd like to find something different for him to watch other than the typical cartoon movies.

It' not violent at all.The story line might not be understandable if you don't explain it. People are living in an underground city and don't know what's out there. The two teens get curious. That's all I'll say. :)

amartin24
June 9th, 2015, 10:59 AM
I didn't realize this was a movie either. My daughter read the book and liked it. She probably doesn't know it is a movie either.

Midge
June 9th, 2015, 11:09 AM
I have owned a dvd copy for several years.

Shirley, are you big sci fi fan? There are a few of us here.

I hadn't heard of this movie either, so thanks Lorie for the tip. I see Saoirse Ronan is in it, so I will definitely give it a try. Loved her in Hanna.

Hulamoon
June 9th, 2015, 11:17 AM

I hadn't heard of this movie either, so thanks Lorie for the tip. I see Saoirse Ronan is in it, so I will definitely give it a try. Loved her in Hanna.

Dome is starting back up soon. I'm going to stick with it, I think. lol

Lori63
June 9th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Thanks Hulamoon, maybe I'll check it out first and see if I think he would get it.

Hulamoon
June 9th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Thanks Hulamoon, maybe I'll check it out first and see if I think he would get it.

It's funny what some kids like to watch. My youngest dd at 6 or7 loved Jurrasic Park. Then again and again, and I don't know how many times. I made a dinosaur cake for her. lol

wlrquilts
June 9th, 2015, 12:11 PM
It's funny what some kids like to watch. My youngest dd at 6 or7 loved Jurrasic Park. Then again and again, and I don't know how many times. I made a dinosaur cake for her. lol

The new movie "Jurrasic World" comes out on Friday. A friend and I planning on seeing it next week sometime.

shirleyknot
June 9th, 2015, 02:50 PM

That is a resounding YES! All the way from the old Star Trek and onward. I have a huge collection of the old sci-fi B movies too

Liberty
June 9th, 2015, 05:57 PM
I have seen it. I also read the book. The movie was good, but as always, the book was better :)

kensington
June 9th, 2015, 06:07 PM

I plan to see the new one soon myself. DH likes to go when they open and the theater is packed, I like a bit more leg room myself. LOL.

We love movies, At least 3-4 nights a week we are down in our theater watching movies. TCM has a series on Saturday nights called Film Noir and they show some of the old gritty dramas. I love the Romance.... I watched Pride and Prejudice twice this week. Last night was "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes".

Did you see Interstellar?

Midge
June 9th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Dome is starting back up soon. I'm going to stick with it, I think. lol

Yay, I'm ready for Dome again, too. Did you know that Syfy is starting a new scripted series Friday evening at 10P? It's called Dark Matter. Here's a link for the trailer.

Dark Matter: Coming June 12 ? Dark Matter ? Watch | Syfy (http://www.syfy.com/darkmatter/videos/dark-matter-coming-june-12)

Hulamoon
June 10th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I plan to see the new one soon myself. DH likes to go when they open and the theater is packed, I like a bit more leg room myself. LOL.

We love movies, At least 3-4 nights a week we are down in our theater watching movies. TCM has a series on Saturday nights called Film Noir and they show some of the old gritty dramas. I love the Romance.... I watched Pride and Prejudice twice this week. Last night was "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes".

Did you see Interstellar?

I love old movies! I get up in the middle of the night and watch them. I like the channel that gives a little bit of history on them. I'll check out Interstellar for sure.

Yay, I'm ready for Dome again, too. Did you know that Syfy is starting a new scripted series Friday evening at 10P? It's called Dark Matter. Here's a link for the trailer.

Dark Matter: Coming June 12 ? Dark Matter ? Watch | Syfy (http://www.syfy.com/darkmatter/videos/dark-matter-coming-june-12)

I saw that was coming up. That young actress is creppy from something else I saw her in. Looks like fun! Z Nation is coming back too. I miss me some zombies. lol

WendyI
June 10th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Will have to watch this with Liam...looks good!

Hulamoon
June 10th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Will have to watch this with Liam...looks good!

The boy hero is not much older than your son I think. It would be fun to watch together. If you like Bill Murray this was typical. lol

WendyI
June 10th, 2015, 03:47 PM
The boy hero is not much older than your son I think. It would be fun to watch together. If you like Bill Murray this was typical. lol

Sadly I'm not a Bill Murray fan...but I will check it out anyway!

Midge
June 10th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I love old movies! I get up in the middle of the night and watch them. I like the channel that gives a little bit of history on them. I'll check out Interstellar for sure.

I saw that was coming up. That young actress is creppy from something else I saw her in. Looks like fun! Z Nation is coming back too. I miss me some zombies. lol

Which woman is creepy? You mean the one from Lost Girl? I've really been loving the series from Canadian TV - they are really bringing it! If this show is as good as my other Canadian scifi faves Orphan Black and Continuum, I will be very happy.

At first I was confused that Z Nation was coming back after the first season finale. But I'll tune in to find out what really happened.

I've not been missing my zombie fix because I started watching iZombie on CW. This show is so much fun. A zom-com with a twist on "life" as a zombie, and I love the characters. But definitely watch it from the first episode if you decide to give it a try. It is a continuing story arc, and you need to build what you know from one episode to the next. You might have to wait until season 1 shows up on Netflix...

Hulamoon
June 10th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Which woman is creepy? You mean the one from Lost Girl? I've really been loving the series from Canadian TV - they are really bringing it! If this show is as good as my other Canadian scifi faves Orphan Black and Continuum, I will be very happy.

At first I was confused that Z Nation was coming back after the first season finale. But I'll tune in to find out what really happened.

I've not been missing my zombie fix because I started watching iZombie on CW. This show is so much fun. A zom-com with a twist on "life" as a zombie, and I love the characters. But definitely watch it from the first episode if you decide to give it a try. It is a continuing story arc, and you need to build what you know from one episode to the next. You might have to wait until season 1 shows up on Netflix...

It's this actress. I forget what movie it was. Jodelle Ferland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodelle_Ferland) but she was creepy.

I wll check the iZombie out!

Midge
June 10th, 2015, 06:02 PM
It's this actress. I forget what movie it was. Jodelle Ferland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodelle_Ferland) but she was creepy.

I wll check the iZombie out!

Oh yes, I remember her from Cabin in the Woods. Another fun movie. You are going to love iZombie. Starting from the main character's name it had me chuckling. Are you one of the Thai food lovers here on the board? How many series use Thai food inside jokes?

Loonwatcher
June 10th, 2015, 06:17 PM
I liked it.

Hulamoon
June 12th, 2015, 10:30 PM
The new movie "Jurrasic World" comes out on Friday. A friend and I planning on seeing it next week sometime.

I worked on the first Jurrasic park. I made the desserts for the crew! Never met anyone though.

GuitarGramma
June 12th, 2015, 10:56 PM
I worked on the first Jurrasic park. I made the desserts for the crew! Never met anyone though.
Lorie, that is so cool!