• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubba
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

WE SURVIVED!!!!

It's a miracle but we made it thru the day w/40+ nine and ten year olds on a field trip to a splash park and museum. MM and I worked as a team and were assigned three of them, one of which was our grandson Ashtyn. Do you know how fast they can move????? And they kept changing clothes! First they had long pants on, then they had shorts and tshirts, then no shirts, then shirts again......I needed some sort of tracking device to keep track of them. I was nearly ready to go in the water park myself except I had no extra clothes with me and I didn't think those poor children, even though they may have deserved it, would like to see me with my clothes off!

Thank goodness we drove our car up there....we didn't get stuck riding on the school bus! That appeared to be sheer hell.

Stopped and had lunch, went to the post office and now MM is taking a nap before work.

Did I mention we are also watching the daughters dog till they get home Wednesday? I forgot how much she whines, not to mention sheds.......poor Yoda doesn't know what's going on, just that he didn't sign up for it and nobody checked with him first!

Going to be a long three days......
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!
  • ilive2craft2
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2012

Re: WE SURVIVED!!!!

Sounds like wonderful day that your grandson will remember for a long time!

Hope the grand dog settles in or Yoda puts her in her place. We just gave back my SIL's little westie, which we had for 2 1/2 weeks. She fit right in - I think she wanted to jump in our van when we left yesterday. Danny Boy is our golden retriever and I think he is happy to not have to share us with another dog anymore, but they are really good together.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

• bubba
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

Did I mention this is a pitbull??? She is about 4x bigger than poor Yoda!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

• RiverMomm
        Missouri Star
        • Apr 2012

Wow, congrats on surviving. You both deserve a dinner out-without grandkids/granddogs.

Comment

• ilive2craft2
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2012

Poor Yoda! Hopefully, he has a place he can go be by himself without the other dog, even if just for awhile. Especially since it is a larger dog coming into his space. Or that the grand dog can go to for a bit - they each are probably used to being king/queen of their own castles.

We have always put Dan in our bedroom when we have lots of company or lots of stuff going on - he heads in there anytime I say "go to your room" - he doesn't act like it bothers him - he sleeps in there at night too, so it really is his room, too. We always give him potty breaks, etc, but it keeps his over excitement from getting out of hand. We did it a couple of times while the westie was here - one outside in the fenced back yard and one inside - especially if the rough housing was getting too much. Kind of funny to watch a 100lb golden play with a 10lb westie - he lays down most of the time and lets her run around.
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

• alliek
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

I know how you feel, I still remember a field trip to Philadelphia with my sons 6th grade class, I had him, his friend Ross who was a perfect gentlemen AND ANTHONY, whose name, I'm sure, still echo's in the historic district of Philadelphia since that's all I remember calling all day.

Comment

• K. McEuen
              Super Moderator
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2011

Man, I so do not miss field trips.

Kindergarten - try explaining why the giant tortoises are making sounds sort of like an elephant trumpeting and why is that one climbing up the back of the other. They actually bought into "They are playing leap frog and he is mad and yelling because he can't make it over her because her shell is too high."

5th grade - we get to the museum and the teacher quietly asks me what was going on in my mini van on the way there. It seems she looked in her rearview mirror and saw my van bouncing up and down really hard. I laughed and said "We had the radio on and the kids were all dancing in their seats." I imagine it looked really weird to everyone else because I had limo tint on my windows and no one could see in.
              K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

• bubba
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2013

The last field trip I went on was probably 27 years ago and it was to the zoo.

Mrs. Metcalf!!! What are those polar bears doing???? Ask your teacher......

Mrs. Metcalf!!! What are those foxes doing???? Ask your teacher.......

Mrs. Metcalf!!! Why does ET (the male walrus who was HUGE) have a big red worm coming out of his stomach??? ASK YOUR TEACHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It nearly did me in.

My only saving grace with the dogs is they know each other well. We had to keep Runty for about two years and they were partners in crime. Runty would pull the fence boards off and they would both go on the lam. The last time it happened, we were in Hawaii and they ran on my birthday. Oscar trotted up and sat on the front porch...don't know if he was too lazy to run, or just that smart. Yoda got caught the next day. Runty was not found for six weeks (on MM's b'day) and she was about five miles from our house!! I think she was trying to find Heather and the boys down in Oregon, which was only 162 miles away!
                Last edited by bubba; June 8, 2015, 07:40 PM.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

• pcbatiks
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Pat....glad you survived your day!

This brings back memories of my days helping chaperone field trips! Like the grade school trip to the Rudolph Ballet. I had a very talkative little girl sitting next to me. As soon as we sat down the questions started.....rapid fire....

When does it start? When do we eat? How much longer until it starts?Are we gonna get a snack?Where is Rudolph?Can I go to the bathroom? Is that a real Rudolph or a fake Rudolph?How much longer until it ends?Is that really Santa?Do they have popcorn?When do we leave?How long does it last?Can we go now?

I was dizzy that afternoon from all the questions. But yet I kept going on the field trips....for years.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• bubba
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2013

You are a better woman than I!!!

I did ask MM if he had his gun....no, he left it at home. Why do you want it, asks MM. To shoot myself!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

• stationarymom
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2013

Pat glad you made it through your day and live to talk about it.
                      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• Andrea F
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2013

Glad you survived, too.

Comment

• Eriepatch
                          The Guild President
                          • May 2014

All of these field trip posts are cracking me up. I remember them well and going to zoo's ARE
                          the worst haha

Comment

• Vonnie
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2013

I feel for you! Ah, the memories!

Driving my mini-van. I pull over and stop. I don't say a word. One boy asks my son "why are we stopped." My son answers "because we are being too loud and not sitting still." The other boy "but we are going to be late!" My son, "she won't start driving again until we start behaving." They learned after a couple of times. This does not work on a bus. I can't make the bus driver pull over. Oh well, I tried to not ride the bus.

When my oldest was in the 9th grade he was on a softball team. The ball park was 2 miles from the high school. My son asked if I could give rides to some of the boys. I said sure. After a few times of taking them I remarked to my son how well behaved they were. He said that he told them about my "not driving rule" when kids misbehave!
                            Vonnie

Comment

• RockinLou
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2014

I should not have opened this post.... I am taking 40 students, 10 years old, on field trips next week. Tuesday is Field Day at school, Ednesday is an optional day, I'm taking a group of kids up to a big arena in the mountains, ice skating in winter, but in summer you can bike or roller skate there.

Thursday is a picnic in a park, and Friday is the last day of school. So, basically, I need to be done with work work in 4 days. LOL!! Ha ha ha ha.... I'm so NOT there :/

Comment

Working...
                              X