PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl has a few tricks up its wing

kimsophia
June 8th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Hey there, awake persons! How's it going with you? Things are coming along here well in regards to sewing the dress. Tonight's mistake was sewing one sleeve in with the wrong side out. Oops! Typical of me! In home ec class I sewed my sleeve into my neck hole! :D Just some hemming is left on the bottom, and shortening the sleeves a bit. No big whoop.

I'm watching the NBA finals so that was exciting tonight!

How are things in your neck of the woods? @,@

bubba
June 8th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Do you think if I stay up all night and don't sleep then tomorrow morning won't come? Somehow MM and I got roped into chaperoning a class of 10 year olds on a field trip to a museum and splash park! Oh, and then we get to dog-sit Runty, the pitbull for three days. All because our oldest daughter got the dates on her getaway with her husband mixed up by a week!!! I think I will be one tired Bunga tomorrow!

The museum right now is featuring Little House on the Prairie, so at least that will be interesting! Oh, and MM got me Hostess Snowballs for my sack lunch :D

sewlucky
June 8th, 2015, 02:16 AM
I got the label sewn together for my nephew's quilt but couldn't find a fine tip Sharpie in the house to write on it. Grrrr! I wanted to get the label sewn on while watching a movie tonight. Oh well, tomorrow! I got the 10" squares sewn to about 40 odd more batting blocks for my Ballard Blocks quilt too this weekend, I will get some more borders sewn on tomorrow if I can.. Suppose I can get some laundry done while I sew right?

Terri

stationarymom
June 8th, 2015, 02:44 AM
Looks like I'm late to the night owl party.Not too much happening around here,it's Sunday so it was a very low key day here.My dd was returning from her weekend away for a friends wedding.We did some yard work just working to get the pool area cleaned up for the summer.Had to pull a lot of weeds and rake.It is also a quiet night now everyone is tucked in but me.Bubba I hope you have fun on the field trip tomorrow or should I say today.Kim good luck with your sleeve.Terri you are better than me I wouldn't even consider doing laundry in the evening (it's not on my radar then).The Ballard block is that the name of a pattern?

sewlucky
June 8th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Yes Joan, Ballard Blocks is the name of the quilt as you go pattern I'm working on right now. It's simple, 10" squares tilted a bit with 2.5" strips bordering all four sides. My finished blocks will be 12" and I need 81 for a king sized quilt for a nice drop on my queen sized bed. I don't think I will finish this week. We fly to Denver on Friday for my nephew's wedding so will be a short sewing week with no sewing until well into the following week.

Joan, wish we had a pool here this past week, it's been warm!

Terri

baskets4deb
June 8th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Things are coming along here well in regards to sewing the dress. Tonight's mistake was sewing one sleeve in with the wrong side out. Oops! Typical of me! In home ec class I sewed my sleeve into my neck hole! :D @,@

A fellow home ec classmate sewed both sleeves to each other! :icon_rolleyes: The directions did say " sew sleeves together"...

toggpine
June 8th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Not much exciting going on here.

We got up and going this morning so we could hoof it down to the hay fields for our first load of hay of the year. It's really nice this year, although we are starting about a month early. With the lack of snow and not so much rain this spring, I'm not opposed to getting mine in while I can.

We thought we had a couple of extra days before hauling began so we could get the barn cleaned out and the pallets restrung with rat bait. Our bait blocks have holes in them, so we run a wire through the bait and attach it to the underside of the pallets. The rodents have to eat the bulk of the bait while it's tied on. They can't just drag it off and store it. Our rodent population has had a sharper decline since we began this practice.
Anyhow, she called Saturday night and said they were baling. Apparently when it's still 85 at 8 PM the hay dries out a lot faster! This morning was a scramble to clear the decks of accumulated stuff. Things migrate to the barn when it's not full. Which is fine, until we need that space for hay. This afternoon when we returned, Hubby finished moving last year's hay up to the buck pen. I swept out the old hay and restrung the bait. All is tucked in for the next few days. We'll go back and get another load Saturday. That will hold us until the next cuttings in July/August. If everything works out, we ought to have our year's hay up before the end of August. Nice feeling to know you won't be scrambling to fill their feeders mid-winter.

I'm starting to fade quickly now. That darned pot of milk could get a move on! I'm afraid of I go plunk down on the couch, I'll fall asleep and the milk will boil over. Hmmm. Might need to go photo surfing for a few minutes....

Sweet dreams all! C

Lightwriter
June 8th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Anyone still hooting? After NO sleep last night, I got a little tonight before I woke up. And I don't sleep during the day. Had a migraine yesterday and still had to drag to church last night to help with hot dog supper for Bible School. There is a little picture of a bedraggled owl...feathers all over everywhere...I have seen representing teachers at the end of a school year. Need to find it and use it as my profile picture. Although I am now retired from the school rat race, I still look and feel like that little owl.

Hope all has a good week. Doubt if I get much sewing in this week...a lot of other stuff to get done before we go on beach trip this weekend. Plan on taking the Grandmother's Flower garden hexies with me and see if I get around to doing any.

kimsophia
June 8th, 2015, 05:46 AM
I am hooting with success! The dress is finished and I like it. I may shorten the sleeves, though.

Now that I've taken a break and made baby bibs and burp cloths and a dress, it is time to go back to the Kaffe quilt. I need to get the backing sewn and then start quilting. I think I should have bought the thread in the large sized spool... :P

kimsophia
June 8th, 2015, 07:45 PM
A fellow home ec classmate sewed both sleeves to each other! :icon_rolleyes: The directions did say " sew sleeves together"...

Yes, but did she sew them right sides together? lol For partial credit? :)