PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Sunday

Ginny B
June 7th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone. It's been a busy weekend so far. Ds got the downstairs bedroom painted for us and dh went and got a new BBQ and he and ds put that together and dh made burgers for dinner last night on it. I just played a supporting role in all of the above activities while accomplishing a few chores of my own like laundry and washing a few windows, changing curtains.

As far as the cat and dog meet and greet went. They met. Myrtle decided to come downstairs yesterday afternoon. Booda was excited to see her and greeted her with a smile and tail wagging. Myrtle did not share in his glee and greeted him with hissing and growling. I finally persuaded her that if she stayed on the opposite side of the gate on the stairs, she would feel much better. We will see how it goes today. We kept her in our bedroom again last night and he was downstairs with ds.

Today I hope to get the bedroom put back together and maybe get a bit of yardwork done. Not sure if any sewing will happen.

Have a great day all.

oldsewer
June 7th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Ginny. A quiet and slow moving morning here. Got quite a bit done yesterday, and while I'm not ahead of the weeds yet, I did at least make a dent. Got the backing ready and sandwiched a little lap quilt while I was waiting for the race to start, so finally getting back into the sewing groove a little. Big storms predicted for the pm, so not much on the agenda today. Hope you have a peaceful day. Sharon

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Ginny, don't you wish at times you had a camera and insight into what was going on in Myrtle's mind? My Li'l Sis and BIL have a new puppy. Jack is about three or four months old and he and their eight month old kitten have taken a liking to each other. They play together better than most kids. When I was down there the other day Jack sneaked up on Miss Maggie and grabbed her whole head in his mouth, carried her about 10 feet and then sat on her. They are worse than kids. She takes it as long as she likes and then climbs up on something where he can't get to her and then he'll wander off.

We've got a very warm day but overcast and breezy. They are definitely predicting more rain for us. We are WAY over the records so far this month. Al and I went out yesterday afternoon and tackled a still wet lawn. It seems for every half-inch of rain we get the grass grows a foot and we knew we'd best take advantage of a wee bit of sunshine. There were several spots we couldn't get to because of the standing water. Feeling it for the farmers big time.

Back to sewing today. I'll try to get caught up on some laundry in between spinning my circles.

Sure hope everyone has a fun, relaxing, positive day. Kick back and enjoy. Remember:
DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY THINGS AND DON'T PET THE SWEATY THINGS.

Bubby
June 7th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Morning Everyone,

I was having a lovely sleep-in until Jeff shot a snapping turtle that was making its way toward the Girls. One thing you don't want your animals to tangle with is a snapper. We have ginormous ones around here.

I got my Stripology ruler Friday and found time to play with it yesterday. There is a wee bit of a learning curve but I LOVE it. I never want to be without this ruler. It makes cutting strips and sub-cutting strip sets a snap. You can also cut totally accurate 10" squares in no time. I highly recommend this product.

We had hamburgers cooked on the grill and pasta salad for dinner last night...yummy. Today we will have steaks on the grill and baked potatoes and salad.

We watched American Pharoah blaze his way to Triple Crown glory yesterday. What a gorgeous champion!!

Wishing everyone a fantastic Sunday.....

Grandma Nan
June 7th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Hi Ginny
Its nice and sunny here today too. My DH is off running this morning. It is a fund raiser for the symphony called "Beat Beethoven". You are supposed to run 8k (kilometers) not sure what that is in miles probably around 5 while they play Beethoven's Fifth, which takes about 50 minutes. DH says he can't do it, it will take him about 70 minutes but it will be fun for him I guess. Not my cup of anything but he likes it. I guess I will sew, much more enjoyable for me.

Not much else going on today- I should do some weeding in the garden but we'll see. I have a quilt on my back that I just want to get finished. I really like it but I just am getting sick of looking at it and I want to move on.

Talk later, smile and be kind to your neighbour.

Snip Snip
June 7th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I woke up this morning to find that half my living room drapes had been pulled down and into the dog's crate. She is a new pound puppy I got as a companion to my DH, about 3 weeks ago. Apparently the honeymoon is over with her. I have no idea how she got that whole drape pulled through the slats in the metal crate--they are about 1.25 inch spaces. The drapes are sheers, but with a heavy lace insert about 24 inches long. Miraculously, there are no major holes, just several snags, some of which I made trying to pull the thing back out. Curtain rod is bent and screws pulled out of the wall. Geeze, no wonder she was whining all night!
Needless to say, DH is even less pleased with me and the dog now. :icon_rolleyes:

CarolynK
June 7th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Good Sunday Morning all!

Barb, your post made me laugh because of my own experience. One Sunday early in the morning I was still sleeping and awoke to what I thought was a bomb going off outside. I sat straight up, horrified and ran out to the kitchen, then outside to find the hubs walking back from the garden with a gun over his shoulder. I'm like "what the hell are you doing shooting this early?????" He said that he shot the possum that Bandit had been "killing" every morning. I said "WITH A CANNON?!?!???!!!". He just laughed and said, yeah I probably should have just used the 22 or something like that....sorry dear".

Got my chores done yesterday and so I'm free to do whatever today. It's been really warm here the last week so the pool water is just right - took my first swim yesterday. It's going to be 90 today and sunny. I may get outside but later on and finish up the mowing before we get storms tonight.

Have a great day and week ahead everyone! Sending smiles and hugs.

Carolyn

Mpyles
June 7th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Good morning everyone. It's been a busy weekend so far. Ds got the downstairs bedroom painted for us and dh went and got a new BBQ and he and ds put that together and dh made burgers for dinner last night on it. I just played a supporting role in all of the above activities while accomplishing a few chores of my own like laundry and washing a few windows, changing curtains.

As far as the cat and dog meet and greet went. They met. Myrtle decided to come downstairs yesterday afternoon. Booda was excited to see her and greeted her with a smile and tail wagging. Myrtle did not share in his glee and greeted him with hissing and growling. I finally persuaded her that if she stayed on the opposite side of the gate on the stairs, she would feel much better. We will see how it goes today. We kept her in our bedroom again last night and he was downstairs with ds.

Today I hope to get the bedroom put back together and maybe get a bit of yardwork done. Not sure if any sewing will happen.

Have a great day all.
It's just so exciting when the canine and feline meet isn't it!

Mpyles
June 7th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Ginny, don't you wish at times you had a camera and insight into what was going on in Myrtle's mind? My Li'l Sis and BIL have a new puppy. Jack is about three or four months old and he and their eight month old kitten have taken a liking to each other. They play together better than most kids. When I was down there the other day Jack sneaked up on Miss Maggie and grabbed her whole head in his mouth, carried her about 10 feet and then sat on her. They are worse than kids. She takes it as long as she likes and then climbs up on something where he can't get to her and then he'll wander off.

We've got a very warm day but overcast and breezy. They are definitely predicting more rain for us. We are WAY over the records so far this month. Al and I went out yesterday afternoon and tackled a still wet lawn. It seems for every half-inch of rain we get the grass grows a foot and we knew we'd best take advantage of a wee bit of sunshine. There were several spots we couldn't get to because of the standing water. Feeling it for the farmers big time.

Back to sewing today. I'll try to get caught up on some laundry in between spinning my circles.

Sure hope everyone has a fun, relaxing, positive day. Kick back and enjoy. Remember:
DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY THINGS AND DON'T PET THE SWEATY THINGS.

When we got sheldon(kitty) we would come home and it would look like his whole head was wet. We finally figured it out whe. We saw Jake ( lab) carrying him around like one of his toys! Needless to say...as Sheldon grw....so did his courage and he is the alpha male now!

Mpyles
June 7th, 2015, 10:40 AM
I woke up this morning to find that half my living room drapes had been pulled down and into the dog's crate. She is a new pound puppy I got as a companion to my DH, about 3 weeks ago. Apparently the honeymoon is over with her. I have no idea how she got that whole drape pulled through the slats in the metal crate--they are about 1.25 inch spaces. The drapes are sheers, but with a heavy lace insert about 24 inches long. Miraculously, there are no major holes, just several snags, some of which I made trying to pull the thing back out. Curtain rod is bent and screws pulled out of the wall. Geeze, no wonder she was whining all night!
Needless to say, DH is even less pleased with me and the dog now. :icon_rolleyes:

As scooby would say....rhutro!

Bubby
June 7th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Snip Snip....I had a pitbull do the same thing to my custom made drapes in the TV room. Instead of pulling them into her bed she shredded them and then went to work on the sofa cushions. We worked and worked with her and finally gave her to a family that wanted an outdoor dog. She was good with kids and adults but she couldn't resist destroying things. It was a very expensive short-term relationship and one I regret.

Mpyles
June 7th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Good morning! It's a beautiful Sunday morning here in southwest Missouri! I think I am finding such glamour in it because I don't have to go to work today. I spent the last 13 days working and I am worn out! My work currently is driving me mad...struggling something awful with it all. I have two kids in college that I am trying to get through debt free...I want them to be able to get good jobs and have a good start in life..not behind. If I can get them through...1 year for one and 2 for the other...then maybe I will just chuck it all..buy a longarm and get a job at the LQS! But gotta get them thru college. I could careless about the money...just the tuition!

So...anyway on a brighter note...got a new stove delivered yesterday! I love love love it! It does all sorts of things! So excited I invited my mama and sister in law out for dinner tonight! Gonna putz around the sewing oasis for a while...clean off the porch and swiffer up the overwhelming yellow lab hairs off the floors today! I have a sore leg...muscles seem to be really tight...as if someone shortened them in the night while I slept..So moving around should help...I hope!

Well ladies and gentleman...that's it for me! Been a while since I have been in! Way behind in posts! Hope all is well with all of you and you have a fabulous day!!

tnmtgrl
June 7th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Good Morning.... it is a beautiful sunny day today, my DH is out walking and delivering eggs to the neighbors up the mountain. I would have probably gone with him but my knees were feeling a bit achy this morning. And it is the first morning since we got back from our camping trip that I didn't have a load of chores to catch up on. We were only gone 4 days you'd think that there wouldn't be so much to do especially since I cleaned the house good before we left. Our neighbors said it rained every day we were gone... I could tell, it looked like our garden grew 6 ft. !! So we have been busy canning and making jam. OMG the black raspberries are so good this year! And then there was the laundry to do....clothes and linens from the RV. But I am not complaining we had a really good trip...we went to the Delaware State Park in Delaware, Ohio. We were totally alone in our campsite which made it really nice, very peaceful... they must have every kind of bird there... it was like being in an aviary. We met up with some friends one day and went to dinner with them. My DH went to school with the husband, they have remained friends forever even though my DH has not lived in Ohio for over 40 yrs..... we had a really, really nice time. I wish we could have stayed longer , I would have loved to go to Lancaster.... but the way the garden looked when we got back it's better that we came home when we did. I tried to go to a LQS while there but they were closed down. I saw the Harding Memorial in Marion, Ohio.... my husband's great grandfather donated the land where it is built, that was pretty interesting. Anyway it is a beautiful day here today and I am caught up on chores...and I don't have to think of a dinner for tonight my DH wants a breakfast dinner....so you know what that means.....I am headed to the studio to do some playing!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! :D

buckeyequilter
June 7th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Good morning...

I'm out in my room cleaning. I want to get the front area finished up today. Then the back can wait until next week-end.

I was having a lovely sleep-in until Jeff shot a snapping turtle that was making its way toward the Girls. One thing you don't want your animals to tangle with is a snapper. We have ginormous ones around here.

Don't you hate when gunfire wakes you up. That has happened to me....Jim, target shooting or shooting something that could be dangerous if encountered by the dogs or me. We see snappers around here once in a while. Oh well I guess he's protecting us.

I think I'm going to run to town and get some twill tape for the PJ bottoms I'm making Jim. He said he needs to go to Harbor Freight - wonder if I can find anything else I need there :)

Well back to it. Everyone have a fantastic Sunday. Prayers and hugs

irishrn
June 7th, 2015, 12:51 PM
It's 1140 am on a Sunny Sunday morning. I've been asleep/awake/asleep/awake since 6 am. I MUST do something about this and my only solution is to go to bed earlier. But I can't seem to break this cycle!!!
Got more purging done in the bedroom. Closet is now empty on the floor and the carpet and tacklesss is up. Left the padding just to be easier on the feet till next week. DH STILL has not gone thru a thing. I am sooooo frustrated with him. I sorted all the clothes that need to be pulled out cause they hang too low. Will get them out next weekend. Today I need to empty then drawers under the bed.
Did stop yesterday to watch the Belmont stakes. Growing up on LI in NY I lived right near the Belmont park and went to HS across from the practice track in Floral Park. I have always loved watching those beautiful animals!
The race was really exciting. I've only missed one year since the TC winner Affirm in 1978. ( I was working 2nd shift that Sunday) but otherwise I've been waiting for this a long time!
Now I need to research funriture sliders for hardwood floors so I can put them on the furniture when it goes back in after the flooring is down. Also need to get a good dry mop for dusting!! Any ideas????
I hope all have a wonderful day and your Monday treats you well!!
Hugs to all who need them!

RockinLou
June 7th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Hello friends, we have exactly 14 days until we fly back to the states for the summer, we are so excited!! I had very very overtired children, and a tired husband on my hands today and I, too, was incredibly overtired... Yesterday was a big carnival and event at school, it was HOT out there and we were there ALL DAY long. the kids had a blast, but today they still woke with the sun at 7:00 only to spend the day tired.

I had a good day, overall, I had wanted to go to the market and look for something but I stayed home and was lazy instead. I made a pillowcase for DS this morning, and mended a bunch of dress up clothes. I have printed and taped together a PDF pattern for a top for myself, that I would like to sew this week. We'll see though... DH has been working too many long hours and it's darn near impossible to get the kids to bed at their normal time (7:30) because the sun isn't setting until almost 9. We are ready to get home to our black out curtains!!

I have so many patterns I want to see for myself for clothing, but it's so hard because fabric is expensive!! It's always cheaper to find something ready made and on sale.... I can't wait to dig through the clearance piles and shop sales over the summer. I think I need to make a list of patterns I have, and the fabric requirements, so I can keep them with me when I shop this summer :)

ilive2craft2
June 7th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Afternoon all! Played around with some log cabin blocks, but they did not all turn out to be the same size - must of cut one of the strips too wide. Oh well, they were fun and I will do like sizes together instead of trying to figure it out and make a couple of table runners from them. :)

. Also need to get a good dry mop for dusting!! Any ideas???? Have you heard of Norwex products? A little pricey, but they are great for all of the dog hair (we have a golden retriever). This is a link to "my" consultants on line store - Floor Systems - Norwex (http://www.norwex.biz/PublicStore/stores/kayfry/AM/catalog/Floor-Systems,199.aspx). There are consultants nationwide. Love their products!

irishrn
June 7th, 2015, 06:44 PM
S
Afternoon all! Played around with some log cabin blocks, but they did not all turn out to be the same size - must of cut one of the strips too wide. Oh well, they were fun and I will do like sizes together instead of trying to figure it out and make a couple of table runners from them. :)

Have you heard of Norwex products? A little pricey, but they are great for all of the dog hair (we have a golden retriever). This is a link to "my" consultants on line store - Floor Systems - Norwex (http://www.norwex.biz/PublicStore/stores/kayfry/AM/catalog/Floor-Systems,199.aspx). There are consultants nationwide. Love their products!

They are pricey!! I found a wool dust mop on Annie's website. May go see if they have some reviews
Thanks!!!

ilive2craft2
June 7th, 2015, 06:52 PM
They are pricey!! I found a wool dust mop on Annie's website. May go see if they have some reviews
Thanks!!!

I got mine when I hosted a party, so basically free. :)