PDA

View Full Version : COC mail...The best kind

Granny Judy
June 7th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Friday.. DD#2 was pretty wiped out after her Round 2 of chemo. So when the mail came I couldn't wait to show her there was a package. (obviously from the COC group here!!) Once opened and she saw the quilt inside, it was over and done. It was hers!! She scooped it up, rubbed her face into the fabric and went "Oooo, soft and smells so good". She promptly folded it and put it in her "carry" bag for chemo.

I did get to see it as I snapped a photo or two, but the label and card brought tears to my eyes. This act of Kindness just lightened the whole day around here. Thank YOU to all who just made life a bit easier to endure. Love the hand stitches, Blondie!! Your group really gets it right.

Sonic
June 7th, 2015, 08:28 AM
That is just awesome!!
Beautiful quilt and it sounds like I brought the love and peace that was needed.

This is part of why I love this forum so much!!

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2015, 10:44 AM
May the prayers stitched in that quilt see your DD through all the treatments she's facing and bring her out in sunshine with many, many healthy days ahead.

Bubby
June 7th, 2015, 10:47 AM
That's a wonderful quilt from a talented and loving group.

ilive2craft2
June 7th, 2015, 10:50 AM
May the prayers stitched in that quilt see your DD through all the treatments she's facing and bring her out in sunshine with many, many healthy days ahead.

Ditto. Keeping you all in my prayers!

Sonic
June 7th, 2015, 10:54 AM
That is just awesome!!
Beautiful quilt and it sounds like I brought the love and peace that was needed.

This is part of why I love this forum so much!!
I mean to say ...

...sounds like it brought the love and peace that was needed.

That's what I get for posting on only half cup of coffee....:0

Iris Girl
June 7th, 2015, 11:09 AM
What a lovely quilt stitched with much love and caring. I am sure it will comfort at treatments.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 7th, 2015, 11:11 AM
That is really a beautiful quilt, and the message on the label is wonderful.

Hope your daughter gets through her chemotherapy ok and returns to full health!

buckeyequilter
June 7th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Beautiful quilt!!! Prayers and hugs for your daughter and for you.

pcbatiks
June 7th, 2015, 04:28 PM
The quilt is so pretty. Blondie makes them special. Judy, praying for you and your daughter.

sewbizzy
June 9th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Judy, I was away most of the day Friday and the weekend....I did not see your post until now...
I am truly honored that your daughter likes the quilt...I made the quilt top...it was so much fun to make...
I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers....
Blondie is truly an angel for putting the finished touch on all that is sent to her and doing a wonderful job...

alliek
June 9th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Beautiful quilt, stitched with Love and prayers. As your DD holds it close, may all the prayers and healing thoughts cover her heart and mind and body.

Carrie J
June 9th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Simply beautiful and totally heart warming, Blondie's an angel! Prayers and healing thought winging for your DD, and prayers also for you. :D

Blondie
June 10th, 2015, 07:20 AM
I am happy it made it your way.
You and Liz are still in my (and many others here) thoughts and prayers.

For those who are reading this and do not know what Judy is speaking of, check out of Comfort Quilt group. We call these our Circle of Comfort quilts and they are sent out to those in need of love, support and quilty hugs. We have sent them all over the world on every continent. We are averaging sending out close to 60 a year. Come join us in letting others know that they are never alone or forgotten.

WendyI
June 10th, 2015, 10:03 AM
so pretty. Thinking lots of your daughter! xox

klgls
June 10th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Beautiful quilt and it sounds like it brought your daughter some well-needed comfort and joy!

GrammaBabs
June 10th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Just beautiful....... Hugs and prayers from GB..
Your in my thoughts:)

auntiemern
June 10th, 2015, 01:58 PM
This is what this forum is about. Prayers for healthy days ahead.