PDA

View Full Version : Grandson's First Birthday (Harry Potter)

Mom23
June 6th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Good Morning All,

We have our grandson's first birthday party today. I sure could use some prayers to get through the day. Even though he lives 80 minutes away from me I have had to watch this little guy grow up through pictures. It's a sad situation that I pray will improve with time. I just think these pictures are so fun!

Have a great weekend. I think this will be our first weekend without rain in over a month. We have cookouts today and tomorrow so I hope the forecast holds true.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Those pictures are so darling! Have a wonderful first birthday, Little Harry!

songbird857
June 6th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Happy Birthday to your beautiful grandson!
Robin, I pray that things will change for you in this situation - he is a doll :)

Sandy Navas
June 6th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Sending prayers for you, Robin. Carter is adorable - thanks for sharing pictures.

BTW it is raining here - I hope it takes a long time to get to you . . .

Grandma Nan
June 6th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Robin he is just adorable. I have a Carter grandson too. Enjoy your day with him and I pray that things change so that you get to have more special grandma-Carter time. He will love his quilt too. We need birthday pictures. Do you have the same tradition that seems to be really popular here now- of having a "smash" cake. The birthday boy gets his own cake to do what he will. Too much mess for my liking but the young parents seem to like it. Have a special day.

sewlucky
June 6th, 2015, 12:21 PM
He's a sweetheart! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Terri

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Hope his Bday goes super well and that a closer family relationship begins to develop so you see him more often.

kensington
June 6th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Mom23... first day in a while with Sunshine here too. So much rain. Enjoy your family and cooking out.

stitching woman
June 6th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Robin, prayers for a wonderful outcome for today both with weather and family. Carter is sure a cutie.

easyquilts
June 6th, 2015, 05:44 PM
He sure is a cute little guy..... I hope you get to spend more time with him soon....

K. McEuen
June 6th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Love that last picture. Hope all goes well.

Mom23
June 7th, 2015, 01:24 AM
The day was beautiful, weather wise. I didn't talk to my DIL and she didn't talk to me. She didn't even look at me or thank me for the Mickey Mouse quilt I made. That's ok. I wasn't there for her, I was there for my son. I did get to hold Carter for a few minutes. I asked for prayers from my forum friends, and non forum friends to get through the day and I honestly felt like I have lots of arms wrapped around me. I was at peace the entire day. Thanks so much!

stationarymom
June 7th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Those pictures are precious! I hope you had a great day.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 7th, 2015, 05:56 AM
So glad to hear that the day was good, and you felt peace about how it went. Hope the little guy had a good birthday.

grannyann
June 7th, 2015, 06:27 AM
So glad you got to see and hold your grandson. He is a beautiful baby. I know how much I love my grand and great grand children so I can understand where you are coming from. Sure hope things get better soon .

Andrea F
June 7th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Happy birthday to Carter! I hope the situation gets better and you see him more often in the future.

fatquarters
June 7th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I am feeling sad for you, because of this situation, but thankfully you were there for this milestone. Having DILs can be very hard, something I always thought would be so wonderful. I sure hope things improve for you so that you can spend more time with this little cutie!

Mpyles
June 7th, 2015, 12:22 PM
When there is so much love out there..it's so heartbreaking when someone deprives another of it! I am so glad you got to spend some time with him!

Sylvia H
June 7th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Robin, I am glad for you that the day went so well. I have in the past, and sometimes still do, have to deal with stressful family affairs. It is my sincere wish for you that you can spend more time with your darling grandson.

Bubby
June 7th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Your pictures are precious. Sorry for the strained relationship. Hopefully with prayer and time things will get better. ((HUGS))