PDA

View Full Version : Counting the days before my trip

RiverMomm
June 6th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Oh yeah, this grandma is counting down the days before flying across country to see her grand babies. It's been almost a year and a half and it's driving me crazy. Because of my father's illnesses and my step mother'e Alzheimer's, I have flown down to Georgia 4 times in the last year. No money left for visiting my kids. (whine). But, the tickets are bought and I AM GOING.

Please, please, please pray that all is calm and well with my dad so this trip works out.

Look out little ones, grandma has lots of hugs coming your way!

Ohhh, he looks just like his father at that age. "L" -2 and 1/2 years old
(yes, grandma sent that hat LOL)

Hmmm, this guy looks just like his dad too. "B" 1 and 1/2 years old

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Have a wonderful trip! That little guy has the biggest bluest eyes! They don't live in St. Louis do they? There's always hope that you and I will meet face to face some day!

asta
June 6th, 2015, 08:51 AM
You will have such a great time with those little guys. Create some great memories for them!

P.S. Love the hat!

RiverMomm
June 6th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Have a wonderful trip! That little guy has the biggest bluest eyes! They don't live in St. Louis do they? There's always hope that you and I will meet face to face some day!

Both my sons WISH they still lived in St. Louis! But they do enjoy where they live now. They live on Vancouver Island, which is about as west as you can get in Canada. Always a long trip to get there (3000 miles or so). The 2 and 1/2 hour ferry ride always gets to me. I have decided I am not a lover of ferry rides. But to be honest, the ferry is very nice-comfy seats, restaurants, gift shops, etc. I just get sort of nervous when I can't see land anymore, knowing if something happened, the water is too cold if (ok, let's not go with that thought). With flying, driving and ferries, it is always a 12+ hour day of travel.

And I may still make it to St. Louis this summer. We will be getting new tenants in our house. I am hoping it goes smoothly.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 6th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Both my sons WISH they still lived in St. Louis! But they do enjoy where they live now. They live on Vancouver Island, which is about as west as you can get in Canada. Always a long trip to get there (3000 miles or so). The 2 and 1/2 hour ferry ride always gets to me. I have decided I am not a lover of ferry rides. But to be honest, the ferry is very nice-comfy seats, restaurants, gift shops, etc. I just get sort of nervous when I can't see land anymore, knowing if something happened, the water is too cold if (ok, let's not go with that thought). With flying, driving and ferries, it is always a 12+ hour day of travel.

And I may still make it to St. Louis this summer. We will be getting new tenants in our house. I am hoping it goes smoothly.

Have a wonderful trip! Yes, that is very far west! My sister and I took the ferry to Victoria BC and it was a great ride, but I heard it can get rough at times. We took the Clipper, it was a very big boat!

RiverMomm
June 6th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Have a wonderful trip! Yes, that is very far west! My sister and I took the ferry to Victoria BC and it was a great ride, but I heard it can get rough at times. We took the Clipper, it was a very big boat!

Thanks Jean. We have gone on the Clipper a couple times too. But the ferry we normally take is more north and about 3X's bigger than the Clipper. Our last trip was SOOO rough. It scared me a couple times with the tilting. It was too rough for the Clipper that day and all trips had been canceled.

Sandy Navas
June 6th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Sending lots of safe travel thoughts just for YOU. Those little boys are adorable.

Grandma Nan
June 6th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Vicky I am so hoping you have a wonderful trip. I get anxious when I dont see the grands for about 6 weeks so you must be so excited. I do understand that though as my youngest lived on Vancouver Island- in Comox/Courtney area and both of her kids were born there. It is such beautiful country but no easy or cheap way to get there.

easyquilts
June 6th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Have a wonderful, fun filled trip.... I can't imagine living so far from my grandsons.....

sewlucky
June 6th, 2015, 04:46 PM
There are some good Row by Row rows in BC, make sure you check out their Facebook page. You will have so much fun with those little boys and their parents :) Lucky you!

Terri

Monique
June 7th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Have lots of grandma hugs and kisses. And have a wonderful trip.

Andrea F
June 7th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Have a wonderful trip and safe travels. Your grandkids are adorable!

Iris Girl
June 7th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Safe travels and have a wonderful time!!