PDA

View Full Version : Son's Photography

Julie Tweed
October 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
If I am not allowed please delete...but my son loves taking photos and he took a very nice one of my dog. I have entered him in a photo contest and the most likes wins...he is behind in his votes and I would appreciate anyone with Facebook to please like his photo.
You have to like the site Gal-groom and then the photo of the Australian Shepherd called Rush (sitting on a park bench). My son is very proud of this photo and I think it would please him to see it win.

Thank you and I apologise if this post is not acceptable....

Cheers
Julie
This is the one to vote for :)

bobw103
October 9th, 2011, 08:27 PM
And a great shot it is! Beautiful dog as well.

Loonwatcher
October 9th, 2011, 08:39 PM
This is truly a great photo. Rush is a cutie. If I wasn't already voting for a personal friend with a photo entered, I'd def vote for this one.

HandsOffItsMine
October 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
That's a great shot, I don't have any friends entered. I'll go look now and vote. Ruby

Julie Tweed
October 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Vote if you can I appreciate the thought..:)

HandsOffItsMine
October 9th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Vote if you can I appreciate the thought..:) Did it! I love Rush...he's so handsome!

Julie Tweed
October 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Thank-you Ruby...:-) Rush is my big giant teddy..he is a great boy and I am thankful I was allowed to have him. :)...will have to make up a Rush themed quilt once the machine arrives..:-)

Julie Tweed
October 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
If I wasn't already voting for a personal friend with a photo entered, I'd def vote for this one.
Who did you vote for...If I didn't have a vested interest in Rush...I'd find it hard to choose...some of them are such cuties..:-)....and it is funny too how we are worlds apart yet have a common link in this contest...I think that is so cool...lol...;)

Dragonfly
October 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Julie the photo is really lovely and Rush is a handsome looking fellow. I am amused by the breed however since we don't have that breed in Australia that I am aware of. He looks like a cross between a Red Heeler and a long coated Kelpie, which of course are both Australian breeds. Do you know the breed lines for him Julie, I am curious now. Very nice regardless of the breed especially since I like dogs of any breed...well almost any. :icon_bigsmile:

sunnyQLDmum
October 9th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Julie the photo is really lovely and Rush is a handsome looking fellow. I am amused by the breed however since we don't have that breed in Australia that I am aware of. He looks like a cross between a Red Heeler and a long coated Kelpie, which of course are both Australian breeds. Do you know the breed lines for him Julie, I am curious now. Very nice regardless of the breed especially since I like dogs of any breed...well almost any. :icon_bigsmile:

He is a handsome man! You should be very proud to own a dog as beautiful as Rush. Dragonfly, this isn't an Australian breed. It originated in the Western United States after World War I. They were named after the Australian dogs that were sent on the boats with our exported sheep, but were not related to them.

Sandy Navas
October 9th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Voted. He is a gorgeous hunk of canine!

Kizzie
October 9th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Beautiful dog... ! and I voted but I have to ask... what on earth is an Australian Shepherd? I've never seen them in Australia, I have an Australian Kelpie and I've seen dingoes etc but never a shepherd are they from Aus??

Genny
October 10th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Beautiful picture...I,m on my way to vote!

Dragonfly
October 10th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I have to ask... what on earth is an Australian Shepherd? I've never seen them in Australia, I have an Australian Kelpie and I've seen dingoes etc but never a shepherd are they from Aus??
Apparently not from Australia Kizzie, see next quote.

Dragonfly, this isn't an Australian breed. It originated in the Western United States after World War I. They were named after the Australian dogs that were sent on the boats with our exported sheep, but were not related to them.
Intriguing piece of history, thankyou for the information, I was totally unaware of these dogs, it would be nice to know their breed lines, they certainly are a handsome dog.

Txgrandma
October 10th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I love Australian Shepherds we have had 3 and all spoiled rotten. Abbey the one we have now is laid back and fat and happy just like her momma and daddy until it comes time for her food. We usually feed her around the same time everyday, if it starts getting past time and I walk into the kitchen, she'll walk beside me and bump my leg with her nose. If I don't pay any attention to her she will give me this playful half growl half bark. They are really smart dogs. We have adopted all of ours from a rescue program that is just awesome about matching the dog to the people. I could just ramble on about them but I'm going to vote now.

Julie Tweed
October 10th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Here is the American Kennel clubs brief history..there is a lot more though..:-) http://www.akc.org/breeds/australian_shepherd/history.cfm

Aussies are awesome dogs. My boy is not the typical colour of blue merle. He is a red merle and has two different coloured eyes. He loves to be the center of attention :-). His breed was developed with quite a lot of different others mixed in and researchers are not entirely sure what goes in to make an Aussie an Aussie. But one thing can be said they are beautiful in body and spirit and they have a good sense of humour. They are meant to be reserved with strangers and my boy can sound quite scary when he barks at people he doesn't know. However .....all it takes is a pat on the head and he melts like butter and he seems to say "Sorry I didn't mean it...I have to make it look good for my ma"....lol....I wouldn't be without him.. If you get a chance to meet a nice one you'll know what I mean. Of course it must be said as with anything living...you will get the odd bad apple through abuse or bad breeding practices....but on the whole they are fantastic dogs and a joy to have.

Cheers
Julie

tfrankum
October 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Rush must be well behaved. I can't get my dog to sit still long enough to take a picture. I've been wanting to do a mosaic quilt of her for my son. She's actually his dog and approaching 17, so she won't be around much longer. But, I can't get a really good picture of her. This one of Rush would make a great mosaic quilt!