PDA

View Full Version : A quick Saturday hello

Monique
June 6th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Good morning. A nice bright sunny start to the day here this morning. BIG day planned. A fabric sale, a quilt show and supper with my brother. What more could I want.

I sent Maizyn a package on Thursday, 2 dresses and a bathing suit. Here she is wearing both the dress and bathing suit at the same time. Too funny.

Have a great day everyone.

RiverMomm
June 6th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Ohhhh, Maizyn is just adorable!!! She looks so happy and proud of grandma's gifts. Sweet little girl. :)

And have fun with fabrics, shows and dinner. Sounds like my kind of day.

Bubby
June 6th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Monique and Everyone,

Is that Maizyn adorable or what!! She's at such an enjoyable age.

We are socked in with heavy fog this morning...can't even see the garage. I guess we will have a slow day.

Nothing much new in my corner. If it doesn't storm today I will sew. I also have to make some dog biscuits and should have done that yesterday.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2015, 08:58 AM
111035 Weekend is here so I hope we all have a good one. Doesn't matter what we do as long as we are able to do something we need or want to do.

quiltingtrish
June 6th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Maizyn is adorable. I bet her hugs are wonderful.

May - I NEED to get this baby quilt quilted. After 2 broken needles last night I hope to have better luck today.

Now to try to get dressed without waking hubby. He goes for a root canal on the 16th and it can't come fast enough. He is not a complainer so when he mentions anything about being in pain, I know it must be pretty bad.

Have a great day everyone. Wish I was hitting the fabric sale with Monique or even the one at Keepsake Quilting in New Hampshire. That one always creeps up on me, maybe next year I could do a road trip up there.

Ginny B
June 6th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Good morning all. Monique, Maizyn is just adorable modeling her new clothes. :icon_bigsmile:. Sounds like a fun day you have ahead of you. Enjoy.

It's raining here this morning. Not sure what will be on the agenda today. Ds #1 is here with granddog. Since I still have my cousins cat (which was only supposed to be for a few weeks - that was in March), we figured it was about time Myrtle and Booda met. Technically they haven't actually met yet. She keeps peeking at him from the top of the stairs and when he got close to the stairs, she would duck behind the wall. He was too busy sniffing her scent on the floor to look up and see her. She stayed upstairs all night in our room and he was downstairs in the room with my son so there were no middle of the night encounters. We will see how it goes today. Wish us luck. Sure hope they get along.

Ds came out to help us with some projects. Just not sure which one we will tackle today. I am thinking we may start painting the downstairs bedroom. We have some things that need doing outside too but until it stops raining, they will need to wait.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Sandy Navas
June 6th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Has Maizyn grown or what? She is so durned cute!!

Looks as if the giant rainstorm that lulled me into sleeping in this morning may be on its last leg here - at least on the weather map. Don't think the yard will be mowed today either . . . so that means I get to SEW!!!

I need our in-house resident dream interpreter again today. April, where are you? This morning's dream (which woke me) involved the Rice Krispies elves. One of them had a large screw through his head from ear to ear. I don't know if it was Snap, Crackle, or Pop. And no, I didn't ingest anything unusual before bedtime.

My red and white quilt is on the design wall waiting for me to decide on sashing and cornerstones. For some reason I'm thinking the red needs to be broken up a bit so I'll be trying some different things to see if anything grabs me. While the wheels in the ole brain are turning I'l spend the rest of the day appliquing circles and circles and circles. Big circles, little circles, middle sized circles. If I didn't have to be glued to the sewing machine while the circles are stitched out, I'd definitely be working on a special gift for my littlest M* forum friend . . .

Iris Girl
June 6th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Wow Sandy and your dreams. This is a tough one can't find much . See if these make any sense to whats going on in your world.

Cartoon Character

To see others as cartoon characters in your dream indicate that you are not taking them seriously and are shrugging them off. You tend to overlook their opinions and feel that what they have to say is unimportant. Alternatively, seeing others as a cartoon character may be an easier, less tense, and a non-confrontational way for you to deal with others. They appear more harmless.

To see a specific cartoon character in your dream, consider the qualities and traits you associate with that particular character and how those traits come into play in some aspect of your waking life or situation. For example, to see Bugs Bunny in your dream may suggest your slyness and sneakiness. To see the Roadrunner may refer to something you are running from and not confronting.

Screw

To see a screw in your dream represents your feelings of being taken advantaged or that you are messing things up. You are overlooking the little details that keeps and holds everything together. Alternatively, a screw may be a metaphor for having sex.

Screw To dream of seeing screws, denotes that tedious tasks must be performed, and peevishness in companions must be combated. It also denotes that you must be economical and painstaking.

ravelim
June 6th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Sorry I haven't checked in last few days but in severe back pain. Not sure why.
Gotta go.

Have great day. Smile.

irishrn
June 6th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Morning all!! Another morning of up at 6 back to sleep at 8 up again at 10!! DH is still sleeping. The house is quiet and the sun is out!
I managed to do one wash/dry when I was first up, and the 2nd wash started before I fell asleep, so that's in the dryer!
Yesterday was trip to eye surgeon. Cataract surgery will be some time in August. Will finalize the date on Monday!
Till then I will be getting the things done for bedroom and living room new floors, plus painting the living room. I will be glad when it's all over with!!! Suppose to meet DD and her BF for lunch tomorrow but I think I'm gonna postpone as I am just too tired to get another meal ready! All I've done all week is cook and entertain and I'm tired!
Casey needs a bath and a nail trim today so that alone will be enough in addition to the dreaded master bedroom purge!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Sunny skies and restful night sleep!!!

Claire Hallman
June 6th, 2015, 11:48 AM
That sounds like a good time to order a pizza and just enjoy the company.
We are heading to DS to hopefully finish up baseboards and get part of his bookshelf back together. Ongoing work being done there. I might talk DH into a brief stop at the quilt shop on the way.
Good day to all.

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2015, 11:52 AM
How could I not mention how cute Maiyzin is modeling all her new clothes from Grandma Monique.

easyquilts
June 6th, 2015, 12:33 PM
So cute.... No girls here... Five grandboys....so I don't get to buy those cute things....

buckeyequilter
June 6th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Just taking a break to check in and see what's happening.

Monique your granddaughter is darling....love the layered look :)

I'm cleaning my room today and finding treasures galore. Some of it will be made into quilts for family, those get top priority. Then the rest of the goodies are for me :)

I need to make a quick run to see if I can find some bulldog clips so I can get things organized in my room.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Sylvia H
June 6th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Maizen is adorable, and obviously in a quandary over choosing her wearing apparel.

Quiltingtrish – I hope you are having success finishing the baby quilt.

Ginny – Hoping the animals come to a mutual understanding!

Sandy – While I don’t have the knowledge April does regarding dream interpretation, it seems obvious to me – You’ll have a screw loose if your don’t make rice krispie treats.

Mary – so sorry to hear about your back pain. That is rough. I hope you will be feeling better very soon.

I am having fun working on a new quilt, in between chores. (I can’t stand for very long, so I take frequent breaks and do a little bit of quilting.)

Hope the weekend goes well for everyone.

sewlucky
June 6th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Maizyn is sweet :) I'm dawdling this morning visiting with hubby and daughter and drinking coffee. A good morning indeed :) Here it is after lunch already and we just ate breakfast. I should hop in the shower and then get sewing!

Terri

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2015, 04:57 PM
So cute.... No girls here... Five grandboys....so I don't get to buy those cute things....

I know what you mean as I had 3 sons. Then the grandkids came and there were 6 girls in a row and I just loved being able to shop in the girl's departments. Last grandson was a boy followed by 4 great grandsons so it's back to the boy's department.
Boys never seem to get excited about new clothes like girls so-.

sewbizzy
June 6th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Maizyn is very adorable!!! Isn't it great to be able to make them handmade items....

K. McEuen
June 6th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Maizyn is ready for a n y t h i n g now!