PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Night Owl

kimsophia
June 6th, 2015, 02:37 AM
Hi! How is everybody? I am kind of tired from doing some gardening in the heat and running errands. Got ten bags of mulch, sewed some more on my new dress pattern...gosh it seems like I did a lot but I can't remember anything else...lol

How are you?

stationarymom
June 6th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Hello to the night owls It was another quiet day here today I didn't go anywhere today.I stayed at home and helped my dd get ready for a wedding she is going to be in tomorrow,her roommate from college is getting married.My daughter was off to Ct.for the weekend for the weekend.I sewed for a little bit tonight,we stayed in for dinner because I didn't feel all that well.

bubba
June 6th, 2015, 03:22 AM
It was hot here today too! I took Yoda on a ride to the credit union so I could get a brand new bill ($$$) to put in a graduation card for Jamie, Tyler's girlfriend. My phone is nearly dead or I'd post a picture of her...guess it can wait till tomorrow.

I don't know if you know what a NCW is. It's a wallet pattern that looks very professional. I am working on my first one...have all the inside done and most of the outside, but I am to the point where I have to install a twist lock. Believe me, I'm nervous! I would rather fmq than do this! The one I am installing in this first one has prongs to set it. The ones I broke down and ordered have screws, and I think it will work much better than the prongs, but we will see. I made this first one out of two fat quarters I won and the lining is from an estate sale and I think it cost me 25 cents! Kind of crazy the locks are so expensive! When it gets done, I'll be sure to post pictures.

sewlucky
June 6th, 2015, 03:33 AM
I sewed some today, am making good progress on my Ballard Blocks quilt, but I slept for a bit this afternoon as well. Migraines suck. Tonight I sat with hubby on the couch watching tv. It was nice, we've been so busy lately that he's had a hard time just sitting doing nothing!

Will sew some more tomorrow, and we have a BBQ in the evening. I am looking forward to it, but also dreading it. The joys of being an introvert, lol.

Terri

toggpine
June 6th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Just waiting on the milk.....

New kidlets are doing fine. We are trying to figure out how to block off the barn door to keep the dog from running off and yet allow us to keep the big door open for ventilation. It's taking some serious thought as once the door is rolled open it blocks of the people door. Crazy dog should just stay in the pasture....

I did manage to get the bib part of Em's apron cut. Not all that exciting, but it was a bit of fabric play for the day.

Off to bed so I can get up and do it all again tomorrow!

MayinJerset
June 6th, 2015, 05:44 AM
I took a flyby around 1 but didn't find any Night Owls around so I flew over to the couch to watch some middle of the night TV. It did its usual trick of making me fall asleep for a few hours. Now I'm up and very hungry and grabbed the first thing I could, a couple of cookies, not the best choice but I only ate half my dinner last night and no snacks at all except some green tea so I'm allowed.

I've been thinking of cookies so much the past week probably because I've read so much about Cathy's cookie baking. How much has Em sold so far? Remembering the many dozens I used to bake for the boy's school sales - used to make a great peanut butter one that was a bit different. Wonder if I still have the recipe?

Bubby
June 6th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Hi Night Owls. I miss chatting with you but I've been falling asleep and staying asleep for several nights. Also we have been having more than our share of electrical storms so the computer has been turned off most nights lately. Just wanted to say hi .......

toggpine
June 7th, 2015, 05:00 AM
I lost count of the dozens. She raised about $275 for the walk-a-thon and managed to clock in 12 laps. She came in 6th place for her fundraising. Not bad for her first year. We'll tweak a few things if she decides to do this again next year.

We had Triple Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Cowboy (c chips, butterscotch chips, & oatmeal), Cranberry/Almond, Peanut Butter & chocolate dipped PB, Coconut Krispy, Gingerbread, Cake Drops, Rice Krispy Treats, and Banana muffins with either blueberries or chocolate chips.

Catmom5
June 7th, 2015, 05:15 AM
Hi everyone! I accidentally over slept today so here it is 3am and I'm still wide awake. Ugh! My hubby is a night owl every night so we've been watching WW II stuff. We're history buffs and he was in the military for over 18 years. Any who I've been working on a mystery quilt, trying to catch up. My ADHD kicked in though and I spent most of the day working on two baby quilts. I had ordered some fabric for them from M* and got it today. One baby was born in April and the other baby is due in October. Don't know why I just had to make them this weekend. ��
I also got a layer cake from M* to make myself a Chevron or ZigZag quilt for my self. I think I'll start on it tomorrow. Need to have many projects going like a normal quilter! LOL!
I hope everyone has a great week!!! Hugs from Dallas, Jill