PDA

View Full Version : Princess Night Owl

kimsophia
June 5th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Hi, conscious ones! :) How are you this evening/morning? I feel so tired I am putting this up a bit early and then I will hit the hay for a while. I have been sewing a custom fit dress with princess seams. It is quite a different garment sewing experience for me. I have just machine basted it together and I'm now altering it in the chest...the rest of it seems to fit pretty well.

Hoot hoot here and give us an update on your news! :) @,@

stationarymom
June 5th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Hi I've only made one dress in my life and I think I was about 6 when I did it.I am not much of a sewer of garments.I didn't get home until about 10:00 I was at my gf's mother's house again today,It makes for a really long day.Not much else here.I'm off to read all the posts from today,sleep tight.

shawnan
June 5th, 2015, 02:18 AM
I've done very little garment sewing. I would like to say "none" but I did sew an outfit I wore to my wedding a couple (four) years ago. It came out pretty good I think.

As for current things, tomorrow is my All Day Sewing (ADS) that I do once a month. Several of us get together at the Masonic Lodge to socialize and sew. It is an easy place to get into with NO steps and plenty of tables. Usually there are about a dozen of us that are regulars. My husband and I are the organizers - he's in charge of the building and has the keys as well as sews occasionally. We just do potluck for lunch. It is a day that everyone looks forward to.

Since my heart attack, it is a big day for me. My heart only puts out about 1/3 of the oxygenated blood it is supposed to so I get tired easily. Good thing I can sit all day.

Nancy

MayinJerset
June 5th, 2015, 02:30 AM
I'm not a garment sewer, the 8th grade graduation dress I made in sewing class cured me if that. Cool weather is still here and it makes for a little chill in the midnight air so I've wrapped myself in a little quilt. It was the first quilt I made when I learned how to quilt 16 years ago. It's very light as I used the cheapest batting but it feels just right tonight.

bubba
June 5th, 2015, 02:51 AM
I used to sew all our clothes, mine, the girls, MM's...you name it, I sewed it! I even made MM a three piece suit! There used to be a Jantzen fabric outlet near me that not only sold their fabrics on the bolts, but they also had huge bins where it was 20cents a pound!! Then I was in a serious car accident, head injury, amnesia, etc and I could not remember how to sew. I think I could probably sew clothing again, but I don't know if I really want to! The youngest girl wants me to sew her a dress for a wedding she is going to be in on Halloween.....we are still negotiating on that!

I went to Seattle today to go to Seattle Fabrics for purse hardware (I can score purse slides for the straps for 50cents each! They are exactly what Dritz sells packaged 2/$2.79!!). I also picked up some Velcro and rectangle rings for handles and some pretty black sparkle vinyl! I love that sparkle vinyl! After that store, I went to Pacific Fabric and managed to get a few pieces of fabric there as well...imagine that!

I drove with the sunroof open in almost 80 degree weather so I was quite tired from all that sunshine! Took a nap in the late afternoon so I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Tyler's girlfriend, Jamie, graduates from high school tomorrow night so we will be going to that. I think we will leave directly after to head to the lake since it's supposed to be in the 80's all weekend.

kimsophia
June 5th, 2015, 03:24 AM
I think I slept an hour and am now up again...

I forgot to say that my DH tried to make me a widow today! I walked through the kitchen to see him angrily stabbing the toaster with a knife! A plugged in toaster! How he managed to avoid getting electrocuted, I don't know. I thought if you did that you died. I guess he only was hitting the stuck English muffin that was burning in there and not the wires. This is a guy with a PhD. I can just see trying to explain that at his funeral. :icon_razz:

toggpine
June 5th, 2015, 03:34 AM
The milk is done for the night.
I had to power up the milking machine tonight. One of the does that kidded two days ago is coming into her milk and she has an udder full. The problem is. as a first freshener (first-time mom) her teats are a bit smaller than the older girls. I'd still be there trying to get the milk out of her. The suck-o-luxe hooked right up and made it a much more pleasant experience for both of us.

I was going to have to get it up and running in any case. Hubby and Em are going to be in charge of a couple of sessions of milk chores over the next few weekends. 10 is just too many for them to hand milk.

Tomorrow is work in the gardens day. I have some serious war to wage with the weeds around here. I also have some clipping and tattoos to get done while I am at it.

I'd say no rest for the wicked, but I'm off to get some sleep.

Stay safe out there! Hugs, C

Andrea F
June 5th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Good morning (or good afternoon) :) I fell asleep in the early evening yesterday and as a consequence sewed until the early morning after fighting the machine for quite a while. It wouldn't sew until I put a different brand needle in, apparently she's a needle snob. Started making mistakes at 3:30 this morning, stabbed a pin into my fingertip right under the nail - ouch - and almost bled on my bag, so I went to bed shortly after that, the birds were already singing, and slept in really late. We are all home today and it's really hot, approximately 88F or more in the sun.

I sewed clothes when the kids were little, only simple stuff. I'd like to sew garments besides simple shirts and such but unfortunately I don't know how to do it properly.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend and feels well.