PDA

View Full Version : Good Sunday morning!!

Monique
October 9th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Turkey is in the oven, floor is washed, pumpkins squares in the fridge, bathroom tidy, did I leave anything out?

I am expecting about 8 or 9 for supper tonight.

Most of those things listed I did yesterday. PLUS went out for a turkey dinner at friends last night. Can't have too much turkey. Today I can just sit back and relax a little. Needless to say, no sewing got done yet.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my quilt friends near and far.

KiltedQuilter
October 9th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Oooh is it Thanksgiving? Have a great day everyone!
I am thankful for my family, and friends and for just about everything except the wind right now....SO blustery here right now!

bakermom
October 9th, 2011, 09:15 AM
sitting here waiting for DD and DH to get ready for Mass. i would rather be sleeping and go later but.......
Had a great time yesterday on our outing but mama doesn't do well with no sleep. I see a long nap in my future this afternoon/

Shirley
October 9th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Monique, Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your loved ones.

Bubby
October 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to all my quilty friends in Canada! You are making me hungry for turkey sandwiches.....Hugs, Barb

mianmom
October 9th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Good morning all! Time to get ready for church, then lunch at the park (most likely for the last time tis year) and hoping to get some hand stitching done on some ornament I'm working on for our church bazzar.

bobw103
October 9th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Good morning quilting friends. Happy healthy day to you all.

quiltingtrish
October 9th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! I'm hungry for turkey now too.

Hugs,

Blondie
October 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Good Morning, Friends

Happy Thanksgiving to all my special Canadian Sisters. Eat hearty - I can hardly wait for our feast! Enjoy with a grateful heart.

I will be going over to DD's this afternoon. Lots to get done but right now, just saying have a blessed Sunday - off to get Mom for church. Big blessings to all.

KiltedQuilter
October 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM
It's only Canada having Thanksgiving today? :icon_beuj: I didn't realise the US and Canada have different days for Thanksgiving. Silly me. We don't have it at all over here in the UK(which is sad I think).

Jabeka
October 9th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of my Canadian friends. We are having our feast tomorrow with my husbands family. My family is all currently on the East Coast of Canada in Newfoundland for a family wedding which we couldn't attend. That's okay, we'll have a great time here.

Shannon
October 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
A very happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends! I would love a nice turkey sandwich if you have any leftovers :)

sally
October 9th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Turkey day for us! My FIL came a day early but that is okay he took me and DH out for my birthday dinner. Today we get icecream cake. I love haviing my birthday on Thanksgiving as I never have to do the work...:D
I wll make my brocolli casserole though and set the table, tidy the house,l and clean up and...hmmm so much for not doing anythng.:lol:

Have a great day all....cyber turkey sandwiches for everyone!

Lola2Ace
October 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating today! Blessed Sunday to those of us who have to wait another month or so for our celebration. I tore my sewing room apart yesterday, cleaning, rearranging and putting in the new (to me) sewing desk a great friend gave me. I still have a ways to go in getting it put back together but it's getting there. I am on vacation after this week is over, so I really really want to have it completely done soon. I have a huge UFO pile discovered in the mess! Watching Jenny's videos while I work is so inspiring and keeps me moving. Gonna put some of that yummy sounding Beef Barley soup in the crockpot now for dinner. Have a great day everyone!

Sandy Navas
October 9th, 2011, 11:26 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Here I am suggesting that Scotland set aside a very special day for everyone to take a holiday and give thanks. I do that here just about everyday though. We do love the family getting together to celebrate - so I'm enjoying my Canadian friends Thanksgiving too! I'm going to pack up and head to Monique's place though - sounds like a great place to be today. I can almost smell the aromas wafting from her kitchen!

Pulled up my monthly calendar and realized that we have tickets for a live production of Romeo & Juliet this afternoon - with tickets for four of the seven granddaughters. We bought season passes and Mom and Dad get to determine who has behaved well enough to go with Nana and Papa. It should be a great afternoon. We have fabulous seating.

I didn't get any sewing done yesterday. Mentioned I planned to, but DH suggested I help in the woodshop to get it cleaned for his meeting/class on Tuesday evening. Didn't take that long, but it was a bit difficult. Came in and fixed lunch and then we headed out to pick up some more of the residual limbs and sticks from our last wind storm. It is amazing how much debris falls when you have hundreds of trees around. By the time that was done I was all tuckered out.

Picked up a glucose monitor Friday and have been monitoring my blood glucose. Not at all happy with the outcome. I am making big and drastic changes to what I have already considered a healthy diet. Amazing the things that I thought were just fine that can effect my levels so easily. I sure don't want my doctor to be the one who tells me to change my habits . . .

Sending special prayers, warm and hearty wishes, cheers, welcomes, and all sorts of good vibes to all my friends here.

BTW I wouldn't use a gun on any of my feathered friends, but Momma Cardinal woke me before the sun came up today!!!!!

canuckbebe
October 9th, 2011, 11:55 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! To all my fellow Canadians.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with good food and good times!
Bebe

canuckbebe
October 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
lucky girl Sally....Happy Thanksgiving and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Bubby
October 9th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Sandy...Smart girl to get control of your sugar before the dr does. I check my sugar 3 times daily and so far have been able to control my Type II with diet and exercise (not doing well on this part!), but my numbers are fairly good. I recently ate a piece of white bread and was shocked how sweet it tasted...haven't had a bite of white in years. If I'm going to eat sugar I want it in the form of chocolate - not bread!!! Hidden sugar everywhere....Hugs, Barb

BellasQuilts
October 9th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to Canada and our Canadian quilters! How i love Thanksgiving. Surround yourself with loved ones, great food and a day to reflect on the blessings in your life, remember those who are no longer at the table with you, and take time to just breathe. There is no better holiday.

rebeccas-sewing
October 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I didn't know as well. I'm sure the UK has some sort of celebration that Americans don't have. I guess if you want a traditional Thanksgiving feast there's no reason why you shouldn't have one in honor of America's beginnings, or just to enjoy this favorite American tradition. i'm sure the internet could supply you with lots of our traditional and extremely yummy recipes. If you're not familiar with the traditional meal it consists of roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie for dessert. Many families add certain recipes they've grown to love or eliminate ones they don't care for but the above is pretty standard for an American Thanksgiving meal.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO CANADA!!! ENJOY THE CELEBRATION!!!
It's only Canada having Thanksgiving today? :icon_beuj: I didn't realise the US and Canada have different days for Thanksgiving. Silly me. We don't have it at all over here in the UK(which is sad I think).

HandsOffItsMine
October 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Aloha to all!

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! What a joyous day to give thanks. A good meal is always wonderful, the calories that's another story!

Sandy, you may NOT shoot mama Cardinal, that would be a sin! She just wants to make sure you get up early like the chickens. There's lots of work to be done. :) What you did yesterday made me tired just reading it.

We've been painting the bathroom cabinets - let me clarify...I chose the paint color, hinge color, etc. Hubby did the manual labor, I directed. lol Looks really good. Now we know that the ugly 70s kitchen cabinets will come out great as well. Went to Lowe's and bought a flush mounted ceiling fan for the kitchen. Why is it that the kitchen never seems to get enough airconditioning air flow? I'm dying in there when I'm cooking. Hubby will intall it today. Hopefully the landlord will reimburse us, if not it will make our lives nicer for the next four year we're here. God willing.

Wish everyone a great day, prayers for those in need, keep all of our soldiers safe. Much love, Ruby

sewmuchjan
October 9th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Quilting Sisters in Canada, have a Blessed Day.

Thanks Sally for the cyber turkey sands, can you pass the mashed taters and gravy my way??? :icon_drool:

Everyone else have a lovely Sunday, :icon_happy:

Hugs and prayers
Jan G

quilter.martha
October 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians here on the forum! May you have a day filled of remembering what you're thankful for, and to whom that thanks is due! Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. There's no Santa or Easter Bunny to get in the way of what the day is really supposed to be. Love the meal and love being with friends (no family around me here to share the day with). All this talk of turkey is making me salivate. I LOVE leftover turkey! Soup, sandwiches, casseroles, you name it! Our time is coming sooner than we think!

ginampls
October 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
hey folks, i hope to be seen on here more often... i bought me a laptop! just a cheapie at walmart... must buzz off. hello. every one!!!

sewmuchjan
October 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hello Gina good to see you again darlin!!!

Hugs to you and yours
Jan G

Sandy Navas
October 9th, 2011, 09:54 PM
hey folks, i hope to be seen on here more often... i bought me a laptop! just a cheapie at walmart... must buzz off. hello. every one!!!

GONNA SEE YOU SOON!! I'M TWITTERPATED!!!!!

Sandy Navas
October 9th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Spent the afternoon at the university with Al and the three oldest granddaughters. We bought season tickets to their plays and today was Romeo and Juliet. Of course, the girls have read the story and seen cartoons and movies . . . all of which helped them understand the old English and follow the story. The university chose to do the play set in the time of the Civil War - so there were many little clues throughout that placed it there - especially the costuming, which I think may have been the reason they chose that era. Regardless, their productions are always wonderful and the girls all wanted to stay afterward and talk to Romeo.

On the way home one of the girls said she'd have liked it better if it had been set in today's time and when Juliet said "Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo?" she could have followed by "Why haven't you been texting me?"

Txgrandma
October 10th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my quilty sisters in Canada. All the talk about turkey is making me hungry and anxious for our dinner. Everyone have a blessed day, I am thankful for my family and friends near and far. Love and hugs