PDA

View Full Version : Asking for prayers and positive thoughts

Juliet Taylor
June 4th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Dear forum friends,
usually I prefer not asking such a intimate favor but this time I really need it.

Today dh and I went in another hospital (we are on vacation) to check his broken shoulder because the doctor who visited him earlier this week in another hospital was not professional at all in our opinion. And we were right!

He needs surgery to rejoin the broken bone in order to help it heal it correctly otherwise he'll get his shoulder dislocated very often.
surgery will be on Monday and he is very scared because so far hubby had terrible experiences thru his life with doctors and operations. P
lus they need to do general anesthesia and this scares him even more, he is afraid to not wake anymore. I am reassuring him as much as I can because now it is much better than 15 years ago when he had the last operation.

Still... keep Andrea (the Italian for Andrew) in your prayers and thoughts. Thanks.

Now I need to call work and ask for one more week otherwise he will be completely alone and I cannot let this happen

quiltingtrish
June 4th, 2015, 12:03 PM
You have my prayers coming - that would be scary. Good thing you went to get another opinion.

Angelia
June 4th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I'm so glad you found this now rather than later. My thoughts are with you both.

Amy R
June 4th, 2015, 12:21 PM
prayers on their way!!

asta
June 4th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Prayers and positive vibes sent for both of you.

Dollyquilts
June 4th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Prayers for Andrea and you.

ceiliam
June 4th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I am so sorry hope you can calm him down. Prayers postive thought and one big cyber hug being sent for you

pcbatiks
June 4th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Praying for both of you.

CraftHer
June 4th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Prayers sent up for and your husband.

K. McEuen
June 4th, 2015, 01:08 PM
All kinds of good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Have your hubby talk to the anethesiologist before his surgery date. I don't like general anesthesia either, but sometimes it is necessary. He can talk to your hubby and explain exactly what will happen and what your hubby can expect. Knowing your hubby has issues with it will also help the guy do his job correctly.

Juliet Taylor
June 4th, 2015, 01:15 PM
All kinds of good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Have your hubby talk to the anethesiologist before his surgery date. I don't like general anesthesia either, but sometimes it is necessary. He can talk to your hubby and explain exactly what will happen and what your hubby can expect. Knowing your hubby has issues with it will also help the guy do his job correctly.

Thanks to everyone

We did. Sorry I forgot to mention this... We spoke to a very kind doctor and hubby clearly and frankly told him about his fears. The doc reassured him but as always one thing is to understand and one is to convince yourself to overcome your fear. But I think he felt a little better... It is just a very difficult day for him, we were planning summer vacations and now nothing will happen be a use after surgery he will have 4 weeks with the arm immobilized, 4 weeks half immobilised and then 4 weeks of fisiotherapy (I hope to have used the right words)

cyndiofthevortex
June 4th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Prayers heading to the throne on your behalf.

mommadeb
June 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Prayers sent for both of you.

alliek
June 4th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Andrea is in my prayers at the moment and will continue to be until he is on his way to be healed and HE WILL BE. Keep assuring him that medicine has come a long way in fifteen years. Let the doc know how unsure he is, they can reassure him as well. God be with you, for healing and peace of mind.

Suzette
June 4th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Prayers for you both!!!

Sandy Navas
June 4th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Most definitely - putting you both on my prayer list.

auntiemern
June 4th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. Once it is all over and healed he will be happy he did it.

Granny Fran
June 4th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Praying for you and your DH. My DH had to have both of his knees replaced a few years ago and he had the same fears. After the first surgery he was so much better the second time around. I am like your DH. I do not like the feeling of going to sleep for surgery, but that is the only way to get his bones to set correctly.

The surgery will be easy compared to the immobilization afterwards!!! Be prepared for a cranky patient for awhile. LOL

Will be praying even harder for you both then. Oh, and don't let up on him with his rehab therapy...that is especially important.

rebeccas-sewing
June 4th, 2015, 03:16 PM
You were very wise to seek another opinion. He'll be in our prayers.

MayinJerset
June 4th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. Once it is all over and healed he will be happy he did it. My prayers too and I agree that he will be glad he had the surgery.

Sylvia H
June 4th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Positive healing and calming energy being sent from me in the USA. It was smart of both of you to get that second opinion.

As you know, I had shoulder surgery last year. I recovered well, taking only 4 months of the possible 6 months to do a complete recovery. I also went through the periods of total and partial immobilization. This is a very important part of the healing process, as this is when your body is mending itself, and it can't be rushed. Afterwards is the physical therapy, also important to restore the strength and mobility. But at the end, the shoulder will be as good as, or, perhaps, better, than before.

While this can also be stressful, I prefer to be thankful that we have doctors that can heal us in this way. It would be a real shame if your husband had to deal with a problem shoulder for the rest of his life. Will you let him know that all your quilting friends are praying and supporting the both of you?

Sonic
June 4th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers coming your and his way!

Midge
June 4th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Please let Andrea know your many friends here on the forum are sending warm thoughts your way and prayers for a complete recovery. Many people who are so fearful of surgery are afraid of not being in control of themselves. I know you will reassure and comfort him. Don't hesitate to ask questions when he sees the doctors. He may be so anxious he can't verbalize what he is concerned about. Also he may because of anxiety have trouble hearing explanations and hanging on to them. Perhaps spend some quiet time talking with him before the next doctor visit and make a list of the things he is concerned about. It's just a simple strategy, but having the list to hang on to and use may help him.

songbird857
June 4th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Juliet,
Praying for you and hubby :)

easyquilts
June 4th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Scary, for sure...you have my prayers, too...

RiverMomm
June 4th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Sending my prayers and positive thoughts to ((((((you)))))) and (((((Andrea))))))

Cathy F
June 4th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Adding you both to my prayer list.

KPH
June 4th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Prayers for you and yours. Hoping healing hand will be guided true, and a quick recovery will be on the way.

Quiltfreestyle
June 4th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Sending prayers for you & your DH.
God bless you both & the doctors too.

Bubby
June 4th, 2015, 10:13 PM
I will be praying for both of you. I had shoulder surgery a few years ago and everything went fine. I'm praying for the same thing for Andrea.

Carrie J
June 4th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Juliet, sending both of you sincere cyber hugs and heartfelt prayers as well. Please be sure to have a sit down discussion (both of you) with the Anesthesiologist. He can allay any fears your dear Andrea may have. There has been a tremendous advances in the medical field during that period of time. It will also help the Anesthesiologist be aware, and plan for Andrea's operation. Any issues he had in the past, bring them up, nausea, hard to be put to sleep, hard to wake up, etc, etc. All of this is very important so the Doctor can plan for Andrea's needs.

jjkaiser
June 5th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Please have a chat with the anesthesiologist about Andrea's anxiety so he will know how to treat him as a patient. He will probably be more thorough in explaining the procedure which should calm him down. I am sure everything will go just fine. Doctors do this kind of surgery every day. They are skilled professionals and I am sure in he will be in good hands. It will be worse for you as the wait will seem interminable for the operation to be over. Don't plan on getting any reading done when he is in surgery. Your mind will be too distracted--but that is completely normal! Good luck.

sewbizzy
June 5th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Sending prayers for your hubby and you...

mommamarsh
June 5th, 2015, 01:07 AM
As others have said,talk with Anes.Doctor/nurse anesthetist . I had a problem after a surgery,couldn't wake up completely and had been very sick ,vomited for hours, after another . I had chosen the nurse anesthetist but emergency had messed up my plans. When I had pre op talk the NA said"you will wake up and you won't be sick".and I did wonderfully . There is so much they can do ,if they know in advance. Prayer and good thoughts coming for both of you.Tell him anesthesia beats no anesthesia !(Sick old nurse humor !)

Juliet Taylor
June 5th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Thanks to everyone of you wonderful ladies who took the time to write and tell us also your experience. This morning hubby woke up very stressed, the wait before surgery is increasing his fear about doing it but I made him read all your comments and he was very moved by your kind words.
now I have to be a good wife keeping him distracted enough so he'll think about something else during the wait. Again thanks from both of us

Grandma G
June 5th, 2015, 08:45 AM
I'm adding my prayers to everyone else's. Please tell Andrea that it is normal to be nervous about anesthesia. It is good that he has already spoken to the anesthesiologist. Being too stressed before surgery isn't a good thing and it sounds like you have both done what you need to do beforehand. As for your summer vacations - it is a whole lot better to get this surgery behind you now. No telling what the future would have held had you not gotten a second opinion. Blessings.

klgls
June 5th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Praying for you and husband and the doctors as they do this surgery.

WendyI
June 5th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Thinking of you both and hoping for a quick recovery.

Marebear
June 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Many prayers and good thought for you and Andrea. Take care!!