PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos

Blondie
June 3rd, 2015, 07:54 AM

Hello Folksies!

Here I am, late again. I've been up for quite a while but got lost in my emails. I need to get my hiney in gear quicker but some days my get up and go has got up and gone before I even make it out of bed.

Yesterday was supposed to be my day off. Now, we all know about the best laid plans, right? My hubs calls me the navel of the family. That can be good and bad. Most of the time it is very good. Other times, like now, I am just all give out. We've been having some heavy storms, with thunder, lightning, etc. We are scheduled for the same until some time next week. I enjoy a good thunderstorm, so that is fine. I simply do not like driving in that weather. My poor little pick me up truck just doesn't like going over 30 mph and the wipers don't either. Throw in yahoos who like to speed and pass in buckets of rain on a slick road and you will see me with my knees knocking and eyes twitching for the remainder of the evening.

Since I've been caring for Tyler so frequently the past few months, I have really gotten my money's worth out of crockpots and casseroles. I have come up with some creative alternatives to preparing the dreaded chicken. I am not a big fan of the fowl. However, hubs is quite partial to it, so while he feasts on chicken parm, I will eat a PBJ. He says I cook the heckfire shoot out of chicken. That is always my intention.

Now for the sweetness overload, here is Tyler (yesterday). TA DA:

I can't take credit for his good looks but by hook or by crook I will hopefully be able to receive some credit for the happiness factor.

Off to find out where I am. And to those who remember this, I leave you with these words: Does anybody really know what time it is?

Blessings, loving hugs and prayers with smiles for all.

Bubby
June 3rd, 2015, 08:04 AM
Morning Blondie & Everyone,

Speaking of well laid plans, yesterday was my day to sew and I didn't even turn Jewel on. I got caught up in business issues and then cut the end of my thumb and it didn't quit bleeding for about 3 hours. It's not a bad cut, just a bugger to stop bleeding, even keeping it elevated for two hours.

Blondie, that Tyler is so precious! I see why you're in total love with him.

My Stripology ruler is coming my way...can't wait. I have loads of strips to cut for two Log Cabin quilts.

Our weather is supposed to turn hot and humid starting today. After what we've had it will be a bit of a relief. We have dozens and dozens of baby cottontails all over our yard feasting on the clover and whatever they can find. This, of course, is driving the Girls crazy, especially Olive (our hunter). Dottie sounds the alarm and Olive goes wild wanting outside to chase them. Our living room windows come within a few inches of the floor, so even our short Girls see everything outdoors.

I'm off to see the Wizard.....have a great day everyone.

Iris Girl
June 3rd, 2015, 08:20 AM
Morning all! Today starts my mini b'day vacay! The sun is popping out I have 3 loads of wash out and a third and last to go. I have banana bread in the oven cooking and a batch of meatballs I just finished rolling to go in when that comes out. I have made a new batch of hummingbird food and filled the feeders. Checking in here before I find some breakfast..tyhinking poached eggs and bacon and toast. No one here but me likes poached eggs but they are my favorite!. Then it will be some sewing for me.

Blondie Tyler is such a cutie and he looks so happy!

Today is the only day for a few we will see the sun then back to rainy and cloudy.

My sewing machine threader hook somehow got bent and we could not make it work so I ordered a new part online and it should
be here friday... good thing these old eyes aren't what they use to be. Hadn't realized how dependent I had become on that do-hickey till it didn't work!
healing thoughts and smiles laced with hugs for all in need.

Ginny B
June 3rd, 2015, 08:20 AM
Good Morning. What a happy little man! Thanks for sharing Blondie. Brought a smile to my face. :icon_bigsmile:

I have a bit more get up and go this morning than I have had in a few mornings. I had a couple of bananas that needed to be made into bread and so I got onto that this morning and now it is smelling really good in here. Now I am going to head upstairs and sew for a bit before work.

Not seeing any sunshine yet today. But it's still pretty chilly out there. Not feeling much like June yet.

Have a good day all. Be safe. {{{{Hugs}}}} to all that need them

rebeccas-sewing
June 3rd, 2015, 08:35 AM
Glad to see he has a smile on his face considering the other day when you were wiped out from teething tears. I know what you mean about time slipping by. I was almost late to get my hair cut this morning because I was on here. Gosh, what do you do when you decide you like one hairdresser better over the one you've been going to for a while now. I needed a haircut and didn't want to wait for the usual stylist. I ended up with this darling twenty-four-year-old young woman who not only spoke excellent English but she has tons of personality and gave me a good haircut. Yikes. Any suggestions? I really don't want to offend the other gal.

wlrquilts
June 3rd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Good morning all. After a few days of rain and clouds it is going to be a sunny day. Going to work on my BOM I am doing through my LQS a nd to the movies this afternoon to see San Andreas with The Rock.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Bubby
June 3rd, 2015, 09:01 AM
Rebecca...That's an awkward situation for sure but you have the right to go to the stylist who gives you the best service. I have been through this situation any number of times and in a town with only one salon believe me it happens. Most experienced stylists have learned not to be offended. It all comes back to them in the end. Most of us just get haircuts and then work with our hair at home ourselves, as opposed to going in every week for the 'hairdo'. You need the best haircut you can get so your hair can be easy to care for a look its best.

Sandy Navas
June 3rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
A day of dark gloom is upon us here in NW MO. Small rumbles of thunder and a gentle rain - but, oh, the cloud cover! So thankful I have all kinds of quality light sources in my sewing room, because that's where I'm headed for the day. Got notice that my fabric for my red and white quilt has been shipped - probably won't arrive until tomorrow so I'm starting another quilt today. This will be my polka dots in circles . . . should be fun. I really would like to do it on a light grey background fabric but since I don't have enough I may wind up piecing several solids together for the backing - it's going to be appliqued.

Al and I sneaked out for a bit yesterday afternoon and his sweet tooth had to hit him before we made it back home. We love our little summertime ice cream hut:

Sending hugs, warm wishes, good thoughts and prayers, encouragement, understanding, and the urge for sweetness on the tongue to all.

Grandma Nan
June 3rd, 2015, 10:25 AM
What a beautiful morning. Sun shining, plumber has been here, I have new taps and a new hot water valve in the shower. What could be better? Only been waiting for about six months for the taps to be changed so not bad.

I only have a couple of things to do around the house then I can go and sew. Yippee.

I can't remember if I told you this or not but if I did indulge me again. My A1C has gone down (not sure how but dont ask questions) so I have dodged the diabetes bullet for another 6 months. I am trying hard to get more exercise and eat less but it is difficult. I just don't think that 60 yo can lose weight very easy unless you are ill and I am definitely not ill, nor do I want to be. Anyway, very happy for this reprieve and I must do better.

Hope everyone can enjoy some small part of this day even if you have to lock yourself in the bathroom to escape the hubbub.

Blondie: I leave you with these words- does anybody really know what time it is? Does anyone really care? Someone left the cake out in the rain.

WendyI
June 3rd, 2015, 10:48 AM
Morning all...I'm a bit late getting in here. Been dawdling around the office and on my second cuppa tea already. Hoping today is a bit busier than yesterday but not looking like it so far! Guy is coming this evening at five to fix my washing machine finally! Then I have to get some dog food, replace my patio umbrella and pick up some hair spray. I'm SO badly in need of a hair cut but sadly the budget won't allow it this month. uhg. Getting paid once a month stinks! On the plus side the dealership where I bought my car messed up the paperwork so instead of my car payments coming out on the 23rd (a week before payday) they're now going to come out on the 2nd, shortly after payday. That means that I have extra from this months pay! WOOO! Works for me! Big relief as the first month after you move is always a big one for bills.

Well I should get some work done! Hoping everyone has an awesome day! xox

klgls
June 3rd, 2015, 10:55 AM

Off to find out where I am. And to those who remember this, I leave you with these words: Does anybody really know what time it is?

"Does anybody really know what time it is
I don't
Does anybody really care
Care
If so I can't imagine why
About time
We've all got time enough to die
Oh no, no."

Love me some Chicago. :)

EnumclawGramma
June 3rd, 2015, 10:59 AM
Popping in quickly, it's my day with the Grands. I usually try to get an early start and get the laundry done before I go. It's going, that's all I can say. Feeling lazy, I know it's our weather. The sun should be back tomorrow. I've got a snoring Cavalier beside me here and it would be SO easy to climb back in to bed with her for the morning! She snorts and whines a little at me, I know that's what she wants....

My elderly cat (19+ years) is coming close to the end. I inherited her from my Mama, and she's been with me 10 years. She eats and sleeps and not much more. I'm looking for a vet who will come to me.....we'll see. I HATE to put her thru the trauma of going out in the car, pet carrier, vets office.

Back to it. Have a great Wednesday. Hugs and Prayers all 'round.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 3rd, 2015, 11:28 AM
My elderly cat (19+ years) is coming close to the end. I inherited her from my Mama, and she's been with me 10 years. She eats and sleeps and not much more. I'm looking for a vet who will come to me.....we'll see. I HATE to put her thru the trauma of going out in the car, pet carrier, vets office.
Libby

Gosh, Libby, so sorry to hear you have to face this! I had to pack up my baby last week for his visit to the vet. He was so weak and frail, he didn't even protest. Just a few meows along the way, but the vet was close. We helped him to the Rainbow Bridge, and I sure do miss him.

Got a bag project done yesterday and off in the mail. I want to make 2 Sew Together bags and a chiffon tunic for the weekend. I leave on Monday for Tybee Island, GA MONDAY MORNING FOR SOME FAMILY BEACH FUN!

Have a great day, all!

Amy R
June 3rd, 2015, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry Libby. It's so sad no matter how short or long we get to spend with them.

irishrn
June 3rd, 2015, 12:30 PM
Morning all! Another rainy cloudy day in store but we need it! I just got back from the neighbors where I didn't need to water any of her plants, thanks to Mother Nature!!! Cats have been fed and watered so all is good!!
Picked up DH's DGD in the rain yesterday. It was really raining hard at times but got better as we got closer to home! I hate driving in that heavy rain! DH's DD and SIL arrived later and we had a nice time! Dinner went well, all were fed and settled with dessert!

But then, they just wouldn't go home!!! I finally said good night to all at 11pm and it got them moving a bit. Heard them leave at 1130 and they had a 3 hr trip ahead of them!!! I just don't get it since dinner was at 3pm!
But DD brought a strawberry shortcake and some how it made me sick even though all I did was cut it and serve it! I'm allergic to strawberries! I couldn't get to bed fast enough after taking 50 mg Benadryl! Better this am with just a slight headache!
So today will be a late start as DH just got up and DGD is still sleeping! Leftovers for dinner so no more cooking marathons! Yeah!!!

Hope all have a good day! With Hugs and sunny skies!!!

JCY
June 3rd, 2015, 03:49 PM
Well, it's already past noon. I've been baking bread all morning. Second loaf is almost done. One more is in the bread machine. (I use the dough cycle then bake it in the stove oven.) I woke up with a sore throat & stuffy sinuses. I hate summer colds -- or colds any time for that matter. I spent some time already on the Forum, esp. viewing & figuring on the "All Wrapped Up" quilt pics & discussion of using today's DD. I haven't ordered yet, but probably will. I also want the Stripology ruler.

Earlier this week I finished FMQ my version of Summer in the Park based on the pattern in the BLOCK. It's similar to SITP Revamped, but I don't care for all those white blocks. I nicked the edge of the quilt as I was trimming it, so I have to figure out a way to repair a small cut before adding the binding. I tried 1 of Angela Walters' quilting patterns for triangles as well as 1 for the border. I used more of my left over 1930's reprod. fabrics. I like the way it turned out. I'll post pics when it's done.

I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day.

Bjvarizona
June 3rd, 2015, 07:33 PM
Rebecca, you can try going on her day off to get your hair cut the next time or two.

quiltingtrish
June 3rd, 2015, 08:21 PM
Blondie - he is adorable!!
Libby - sorry to hear about your kitty.
hi to everyone else! gotta scoot!