PDA

View Full Version : S'up, Night Owl?

kimsophia
June 3rd, 2015, 01:49 AM
Hey, how are y'all doing? I hope you are having an enjoyable night/morning. I am fiddling with a couple of different ideas for my quilt back for the orange Kaffe quilt and also I've been dinking around with the teal landscape wall art idea. In other words, a lot of fabric on the floors. lol The horizontal design wall!

I've also been rearranging my garden and transplanting in the cool weather. My dirt design wall! :D

And how is it going with you? @,@

sewlucky
June 3rd, 2015, 02:11 AM
I got a nice start on my king sized quilt today. Loving it so far! I also bought a kit at the quilt shop today to use to make a quilt for my brother and sister in law., just throw or a bit bigger. The pattern for the kit was sold out but there's enough fabric to do something fun and I love the fabric. I'm thinking of doing a log cabin with it so my mind has been all over that tonight. Just about time for bed now though. Tired!

Night night.

Terri

Granny Judy
June 3rd, 2015, 02:13 AM
I finished my Hunter's Star Quilt today and am now having the same problem as you, Kim. What backing fabric to go with my Binding Star Quilt. It is huge and I'm afraid I don't have enough fabric. Looks like I may have a shopping trip coming up. Artisan fabrics, here I come. Once I figure out how much I will need.

I will wait til tomorrow to figure out the amount as I am too tired to get there tonight.

Got a bit of a sore throat and hiding from DD#2 since she had her 2nd round of Chemo today.. don't want to add to her discomfort and compromised immune system. Blood work looks good, but that doesn't tell us how well she can fight off germs.

Hope all is well with everyone and that your day was full of fun and accomplishments.

stationarymom
June 3rd, 2015, 02:19 AM
I didn't get anything done today or tonight,I spent the day from !2pm -11pm with my gf's mother again.My Gf's father doesn't like to give her her pain med because it's a narcotic and he doesn't think she needs it.The poor woman spent the whole day in pain even though I did get him to give her at least 1 pain pill every 4 hrs.I think I had about 6 cups of coffee and then at 11:00 when I got home my husband made me tea so even though I'm tired I can't sleep yet.

toggpine
June 3rd, 2015, 02:31 AM
The last of the cookies have been baked and delivered! Whew! Tomorrow is the big day for the Walk-A-Thon.

Chores this evening revealed a new set of baby goats in the barn. This is the first set born in the barn with Eve, the livestock dog, being able to get to the momma while she was delivering. Normally I put the expectant mom in a separate pen where she is by herself, but Sweetie pulled a fast one and kidded two days early. Eve didn't stand a chance of getting anywhere near those new babies. Several of the older does were truly beating her up if she got too close. She just wanted to clean the babies and mom. That birth smell equals danger to her, as that smell will bring in predators in the wild.
I have two more does to kid in the next week, then we wait to see if that last doe is bred, as she is due at the end of July.

I'll head down to top off the new babies and then hit the hay myself.

Hugs to my quilty friends! C

Andrea F
June 3rd, 2015, 03:02 AM
Good morning!

No sewing for me yesterday, I was kind of tired when I came home. Today is my last workday for the week. We have a holiday tomorrow and I don't have to go to work of Fridays. I got a loooooong weekend ahead of me :D The weather should be fine and I hope to spend some time outside in the garden. Sitting in the garden chair that is, the gardener in our house is DH and our garden is really small.
I'm going to continue sewing a bag tonight when I come home and add two more rows on my king size Irish Chain quilt this weekend. Then I can measure it and think about backing fabric, too.

Hope you all get the well deserved rest! See you later :)

bubba
June 3rd, 2015, 03:28 AM
First I have sewn in ten days and I made two wallets and a purse and dreamed about making or finishing a quilt....yes, I make quilts too!

We got tomato plants planted the other day and some are already blooming!! There is nothing like homegrown tomatoes!!

Going to hit the hay. Someone, named Yoda, had me up early this morning! Must be nice that he gets to nap on and off all day and I don't! Good thing he's cuter than cute!

bubba
June 3rd, 2015, 03:35 AM
Cathy!!! Do you put your babies in pajamas???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfxUt9UM0nc

MayinJerset
June 3rd, 2015, 04:07 AM
Cute pj's on the baby goats. Wonder if goat pj's are Cathy's next sewing project? I noticed they stayed inside of the barn, went up to edge of barn concrete but did step past it to the outside.

Nothing new today except did a little too much. Have follow up with my primary tomorrow about the UTI found when I went to ER Sunday night. Have specimen jar all ready for tomorrow morning's sample, easier to do it at home instead of at the doctor's office.

kimsophia
June 3rd, 2015, 04:16 AM
I took photos of some different backing ideas so I'll have DH load those tomorrow to get your opinions. My favorite idea would probably involve buying yet more fabric :P But I didn't get enough of it even though I bought extra, because I want to match the print and the overlap to repeat of the fabric costs me 6 inches right there. I could put a black border on the sides...I took some photos with black on the sides. I'm not sure if black works as well as purple might...or just get more of the print.
https://www.fabric.com/buy/bj-191/kaffe-fassett-targets-red?&cm_mmc=Google-_-Products-_-Products%20Listings-_-Ads&CAWELAID=172000510000027275&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=172000510000277976&cadevice=c&gclid=CMj206X98sUCFQsQaQodnxEAiw

toggpine
June 3rd, 2015, 12:32 PM
No to the goat PJs as a rule.
That design has some distinct advantages that I may incorporate.
Although we do have 'coats' we put on them if they have been recently clipped and the weather turns nasty at a fair or show we are attending. In some cases we have blanketed the old ladies in the winter to help keep them warm so they don't have to burn so many calories.
I also have a few of Hubby's old socks that work at new baby sweaters if it's particularly cold and the kids need some help warming up. I can slip one of those hand-warmer dealies in between their body and the sock to help warm them up.

kimsophia
June 3rd, 2015, 01:27 PM
Toggpine, if you need any help sewing baby goat pajamas, just let me know because I love to sew pajamas and baby goats are a new market for me...lol