PDA

View Full Version : Two more weeks... Two more weeks...

Musical_Starling
June 2nd, 2015, 10:54 PM
Hello all! :icon_wave:

Only TWO WEEKS and I will be free from Mr. Montgomery! Divorce papers are signed and he has been given his eviction notice. Out you go mister! Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!

*Dear Newbies: Mr. Montgomery is NOT a person. I am referring to my Montgomery t-tube that has been sitting in my trachea for the past 10 weeks and has worn out its welcome*

I'm still doing about the same. The lack of humidity has been making it a little harder to keep the tube clean, and I'm still not sleeping well because I wake up every few hours to "cough" and clear the tube, then drift off and repeat in another couple of hours until I've eventually driven myself crazy enough that I get up and suction and count down the days until this darn thing comes out for good. Then I suction again and again until I've had enough for the day and go back to sleep, only to repeat the whole process again. But I have survived, even if I am ready for the looney bin! I head back to Toronto on the 14th, then checkup on the 15th and finally GOODBYE MR. MONTGOMERY! on the 16th.

Can you tell I'm excited? lol

pcbatiks
June 2nd, 2015, 11:06 PM
Hi Dee............Great to hear from you! I know you must be so happy to count down those last few days......to get rid of that tube! You're almost done.........woohoo!!

bubba
June 2nd, 2015, 11:06 PM
I'm excited for you!!!!

Musical_Starling
June 2nd, 2015, 11:21 PM
Oh ladies, you don't even KNOW know excited I am to be this close! lol This is one appointment I definitely will NOT be late for!

RiverMomm
June 2nd, 2015, 11:45 PM
I bet you can't wait!!!! Time to par-tay!

JCY
June 3rd, 2015, 12:28 AM
Having worked with trached patients during my nursing years, I can understand your joy at the prospect of getting rid of the t-tube. Hopefully, there will be better nights of sleep ahead.

bkthomas
June 3rd, 2015, 12:47 AM
So happy for you Dee!!!

ilive2craft2
June 3rd, 2015, 01:17 AM
Glad to hear that your time with Mr T is almost over! I bet you sleep a bunch once it is out.

Doing the happy dance for you over here!

Andrea F
June 3rd, 2015, 03:07 AM
I'm so happy for you!

rebeccas-sewing
June 3rd, 2015, 03:13 AM
I'm exhausted just reading what you've been going through. I can only imagine what it's been like for you. I'm so glad you're almost through with Mr. Montgomery! I think we're ALL doing the happy dance for you, Dee!

Iris Girl
June 3rd, 2015, 05:32 AM
So happy for you and yes we can feel your excitement!

Monique
June 3rd, 2015, 06:31 AM
WOOHOO! Let's all do the happy dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Bubby
June 3rd, 2015, 09:26 AM
Dee..I'm so glad you can see the end of the road for Mr Montgomery! I cant even imagine how uncomfortable and tedious it has been for you to deal with all this. You should really feel liberated when it's taken out. I'm thrilled for you and you should be able to get some good sleep for a change. Hugs, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
June 3rd, 2015, 09:33 AM
Dee, I so hope you are back to a regular daily routine and free from all this after the tube is gone! We miss you on the forum!

Sandy Navas
June 3rd, 2015, 09:56 AM
Second-ing everyone, especially Jean. You are missed here and we're all anxious for your healthy return!!

Amy R
June 3rd, 2015, 10:14 AM
Yayyyy!!! I can't imagine going through that so glad the end of "him" is near!!!

WendyI
June 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
I am excited for you also!! I can't even BEGIN to imagine how frustrating that must be! Too bad we couldn't meet up...TO is just a hop-skip and a jump away from me... but I know you will be so very busy. Hang in there! It's coming quick! (((HUGS)))

cyndiofthevortex
June 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
Good for you! I'm doing a little happy dance over here for you, too!

klgls
June 3rd, 2015, 11:27 AM
Happy happy time for you!! Hope all goes well and good riddance to ole Mr. Montgomery!

Learner quilter
June 3rd, 2015, 01:10 PM
Happy dance from Scotland..

easyquilts
June 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
I 'm so happy and excited for you! Yay!