PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from Etsy website

LindaKay75
June 2nd, 2015, 07:06 PM
This is not a quilting question but I will ask it anyway. I would like to order something from Etsy website but a little hesitant. Has anyone had any bad or good experience you can share with me.

The only website I've ordered from giving out my credit card information is MOQC and I wholeheartedly trust them because I know they are a trustworthy company. I just recently heard about Etsy. Thank you for any suggestions.

:icon_wave:

pcbatiks
June 2nd, 2015, 07:19 PM
Hi Linda, This is an etsy site that I've ordered from twice. The ordered arrived quickly and she answered my questions quickly. I would check ratings or reviews for the etsy site you are looking at just to make sure their customers are happy.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WarmKittyQuilts

Bubby
June 2nd, 2015, 07:21 PM
The problem I have had with Etsy is that often the shop that I order from looks like a US-based shop but after I place an order and get a confirmation I find out that the shop is based in a foreign country (usually China) and there is a long wait to get my order. I recently had to wait over a month for a few zippers. I notice lately that on Amazon many sellers are stating on their front page that the order is being shipped from the United States, ie: Shipping from MO, USA

I also don't purchase online unless I can use Pay Pal to pay for my order.

kensington
June 2nd, 2015, 07:34 PM
The problem I have had with Etsy is that often the shop that I order from looks like a US-based shop but after I place an order and get a confirmation I find out that the shop is based in a foreign country (usually China) and there is a long wait to get my order. I recently had to wait over a month for a few zippers. I notice lately that on Amazon many sellers are stating on their front page that the order is being shipped from the United States, ie: Shipping from MO, USA

I also don't purchase online unless I can use Pay Pal to pay for my order.

I noticed this too... Recently when I started my hunt for Disney fabrics.... this one shop on Etsy seemed to have a bunch... and then I noticed she is in China. I don't doubt she has them, most of our fabrics are made there anyway... but I worry about the wait. And the cost of shipping. It's not $2. LOL

CraftHer
June 2nd, 2015, 07:35 PM
I have ordered a couple things from Esty and use Paypal. I was satisfied with what I ordered and the shipping time. I also look at the comments of the seller. Sometimes this gives you an idea of the seller.

Midge
June 2nd, 2015, 08:01 PM
Agree that you must read the seller's materials carefully to determine where they are and ratings. I use Paypal for many online transactions too with no problems.

LindaKay75
June 2nd, 2015, 08:05 PM
Thank you. This is exactly the website I was going to order from. I'm wanting to order Stylecraft Yarn but noticed it is shipped from the UK. And there is a wait for it. I may not do this after all. I don't have PayPal so would have to use my credit card. I can order this particular yarn from Amazon but it is shipped from the UK also. This is beautiful yarn that is soft and comes in many many colors. I may just have to substitute.

Sylvia H
June 2nd, 2015, 08:12 PM
i have ordered from Etsy, but it was for ceramics, and was definitely made in the USA. My experience was very positive

Mom23
June 2nd, 2015, 08:24 PM
I have ordered quite frequently from Etsy. I only shop with people accepting PayPal, and those in the United States. I have never had a bad experience.

bubba
June 2nd, 2015, 08:44 PM
I only buy from people who take paypal. There are some purse fixings I've been looking at, but they come from Asia. Shipping is only $3.50 so I might do it anyway.

LindaKay75
June 2nd, 2015, 08:52 PM
I just found out my item total is $17.64 and the S&H is $11.18. The S&H is unreal, that just made my mind up not to do this. Unfortunately this particular yarn is only sold online. Thank you for your input.

K. McEuen
June 2nd, 2015, 09:02 PM
I use Paypal and I have ordered from an Etsy seller in Europe, can't remember which country, but had no issues at all.

K. McEuen
June 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
I just found out my item total is $17.64 and the S&H is $11.18. The S&H is unreal, that just made my mind up not to do this. Unfortunately this particular yarn is only sold online. Thank you for your input.

Stylecraft Knitting Yarns (http://www.loveknitting.com/us/stylecraft-knitting-yarn)

this is a US company that sells the brand of yarn you are looking at. I think they have free shipping with a $50 purchase.