PDA

View Full Version : AAAaaaand we're back to boring...uhg.

WendyI
June 2nd, 2015, 05:19 PM
My job is either feast or famine...and I detest famine (who doesn't right!?). I can't STAND being bored at work! Struggling to find things to keep me busy...it's only temporary I know and I should enjoy it while it lasts but I really do hate it...makes the day SO VERY LONG!

Tonight I have to take my dog to the vet to have his anal glands expressed...isn't THAT a pleasant sounding thing to do!? Then I will make supper and I guess do some cleaning...house is a bit untidy...floors need mopping and vacuuming. Have to replace my patio umbrella...got wrecked in the wind on Saturday night because I didn't close it. sigh. I'm sure if it was a cheap, crappy $40 umbrella it would have been just fine but NO it had to be the awesome expensive one that I got for a really good deal at the end of the season and will cost me a fortune to replace at this time of year. I hate it when I do stupid, lazy a$$ things that cost me money! I should have just closed the dang thing! Also, my cousin had bought me a lovely fire pot for my deck and it got smashed when the umbrella upended the table. :icon_rolleyes: So very disappointing! Oh well...crying over it isn't gonna make it better so I will just have to bite the bullet and replace the sucker! That's it! That's all!

The sun is finally shining! It was shaping up to be another dreary day but the sun managed to make an appearance. One day of rain forecast this week and that's it...hope it gets it out of it's system...it's June and I'm still wearing heavy sweaters and socks!

Well that managed to kill 5 minutes...guess I will tidy up my desk a bit...looks like a paper making factory exploded on it. I don't really like tidying up my desk because then I can't find anything! But it's really getting out of hand now so must spend a few min tidying up! Have a nice evening everyone! xox

Hulamoon
June 2nd, 2015, 05:33 PM
I can feel you. A long time ago I had to get over broken things. I had a vintage perfum bottle from my grandmother.. My dd broke the part that goes inside the bottle. The two of my dd's broke a bunch of other stuff. Then my dang cat jumped up into a wall display chashing a geko and broke a hand painted dish from the same grandmother.

Things own you. So I let it go.

Do you take your dog to a groomer? Mine does the anal thing as part of her service.

It will get better:)

bubba
June 2nd, 2015, 06:00 PM
You should never have to have that done to your dogs. As long as you feed them a high quality, hard dog food, they should be fine. I have never had it done to any of my dogs. Of course, if they are infected, that is another story.

Kgrammiecaz
June 2nd, 2015, 10:19 PM
Wendy I agree. I prefer work to be really busy so the day is done without watching the clock. Plus, if it is really busy it means overtime and more money in the budget woohoo. Are you allowed to do your own personal stuff when it is slow? Get some reading in. Or a craft maybe.

Pat, my daughters little ones have to have that done occasionally. They have tried changing their foods, the number of times they eat, how much they eat, etc. they are on healthy food and are pretty much healthy except their butt issues from time to time. Mostly the littliest one has the problem. Sometimes just cannot prevent it. Not sure I would want the groomer doing that. Because if there is a problem, the groomer may pssoibly not know what to do. It would be too scary for me to have anyone but the vet.

bubba
June 2nd, 2015, 10:23 PM
Yoda eats just once a day, dry food (Canidae Canned Dog Food | Review | Rating | Recalls (http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/canidae-dog-food-canned/)) and gets just one cup. We have been using this brand only about 15 years now and have never had to have that done to any of our dogs.

Midge
June 2nd, 2015, 11:57 PM
Sorry to hear about the storm damage. I do know that feeling of wanting to kick yourself for not doing what you should have done. Well, lesson learned I guess. But I agree with Pat about your dog's anal glands. If a dog is getting a high quality diet he should never need that done unless there is an infection/abcess. Nature designed him correctly before vets were invented! I don't want to offend you, but read up on some of the holistic pet sites. This can be a racket by some vets to keep clients returning frequently. Premium dog food with no grains should take care of any problems because the dog's feces will be the proper consistency. You'll know it when you pick up after him.

rebeccas-sewing
June 3rd, 2015, 04:13 AM
I feel your pain, Wendy. In California we get these periods of really warm weather with high winds (called Santa Ana winds https://www.google.nl/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=santa+ana+winds&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=6qhuVeDsEMqyOqX3gLgG). One year, I forgot to close the umbrella. Over went the table. The glass top shattered and had to be replaced. Since then I don't put the umbrella in the hole in the center of the table. I have the umbrella in a stand NEXT to the table. That was an expensive lesson to learn. Haven't had a problem since and there have been times when I still forgot and over went the umbrella but not the table. Hearing your story I guess I was lucky not to lose more than a table top.

rebeccas-sewing
June 3rd, 2015, 06:12 AM
Before moving to Houston I worked in administation for a performing arts center on the Univeristy of Pennsylvania campus in Philly. I was secretary to the director but I also handled all the accounts for every one of the performing arts groups at the university. Summers were sooooo boring without the students there to keep me busy. Also, there wasn't much going on in the way of professional performances over the summer so that made it even slower. I hated not having work to do and just sitting around trying to look busy. I didn't have a computer back then. Everything I typed was either on an electric typewriter or what they call a mag card machine. It's crazy how much technology has changed since my working days. Are you able to spend time on your computer so at least you look busy? hahaha

rebeccas-sewing
June 3rd, 2015, 06:15 AM
When am I going to learn NOT to work on projects late in the day! Yesterday I cut 120 pieces for a piano key border that are the wrong size. Back to the drawing board. Dagnabbit!

RockinLou
June 3rd, 2015, 02:49 PM
My gosh, I can relate, I worked really hard this year to not fall behind on work... I did well because I had nothing to do this week and I am stir crazy bored!

At least I've been busy at home!

easyquilts
June 3rd, 2015, 02:52 PM
Oh man, I have been there and fine that.....for months! It's awful..... Time drags, you snack too much, you nod off,...oh yeah....it 's bad.

If I'm going to be bored, I'd rather be bored at home, where I can take a nap without getting in trouble...