PDA

View Full Version : Dinner tonight

Divine Daisy
October 8th, 2011, 01:14 PM
My husband and i are going out to dinner tonight with my cousin who we love very much, to celebrate the end of his chemo and his return to work (gulp) on monday.

Gill (cousin) chose the resturant which is half way between her and us and somewhere she says is fantastic. We are getting hungry so decided to pop on the website and have a look at the menue........ ohh myyyyyy the reviews are so mixed!! they go from amazingly good to unbelieveably bad lol One review said the manager was so agressive he called the police!!!!!!!!!!

i am about to go in the bath and get ready to go, i will let you know how it goes. Its all quite exciting really lol. Like stepping into the unknown.

And here was us thinking we were just going out to dinner lol.

hugs Daisy

ps....... oops just started that last sentence with a preposition. Told my daughter off for that yesterday lol. Hope she doesnt read this :)

Sandy Navas
October 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Daisy - I'm getting ready to book a hotel and finding similar reviews. I think if you have trouble at least you may get a free dinner out of it.

Good luck!!!

Txgrandma
October 8th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Daisy, I hope your food is fabulous but, if not the company will be wonderful and you have a wonderful reason for going so it will be a great evening anyway. Here's to your cousin and the end of chemo and good reports from here on.

Whenever I read reviews like that I usually go with an open mind and form ny own opinion. Have you ever raved about a place, after being there several times and it be soooooooo good. Then you tell friends about it or take them and it be lousy. That has happened to me a couple times. I don't usually recommend restaurants anymore.

Sandy Navas
October 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Funny, Mary. Every time I tell my daughter about something I have found on sale, a place I enjoy eating, a great deal I got on something, she has to disagree with me. However, I was so excited when I told her about my very favorite bar-b-que place and she came away raving about it! And they are absolutely fantastic.

Anyone who shows up around here, give me a call and I'll treat you to the BEST BBQ EVER~~~

Divine Daisy
October 8th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I feel as though i have been in an alternative universe!

On the one hand the food was great! However...........

We were greeted at the door by the maître who was like some sort of mafia boss from a bad 40's B movie! It went from there, the wine list was brought by his best friend who Stewart and i were sure had just popped his violin case out the back. As we waited for Gill to arrive with her partner we sadly got the giggles. Did our best to stop which only made it worse. Once there, Gill was Gill and as always we had a wonderful time with her and she was completely oblivious to everything around her. Her Partner was more aware and kept exchanging glances with me which made me bite by lip which made him start to titter.

All i can say it was a great time but maybe not for the usual reasons.

A memorable evening but one which i wont repeat in case a second visit should involve a horses head.

Txgrandma
October 8th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Oh Sandy I absolutely love good BBQ, if we are ever in your neck of the woods I may take you up on your offer.
Daisy it does sound like a memorable evening, I'm glad the food was good and it sounds like you had a fun time with the others. I love places that have a unique atmosphere. Although sometimes the atmosphere outshines the food.

Sandy Navas
October 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Mary, you are always welcome here!! Any time, any day . . . and I guarantee the BBQ is the GREATEST.

Daisy - I've been waiting patiently all day just to hear an update on your dinner. I am sitting here laughing and giggling with you. There are always those times, aren't there? You will never forget this date. Glad there wasn't any shooting going on while you were there.

BellasQuilts
October 8th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Daisy, what a fun night! LOL. You sure won't forget it as they said!!