PDA

View Full Version : Jacob is on the mend!

cyndiofthevortex
May 31st, 2015, 02:40 PM
Thank you so much for your care and prayers. DS Jacob worked four days this past week, went out to a family game night last night and made it to church today. He does have to mostly rest while he is home, but at least he is getting part of his life back.

pcbatiks
May 31st, 2015, 02:48 PM
Cyndi, so glad to hear he is feeling better. Praying he continues to improve.

K. McEuen
May 31st, 2015, 02:49 PM
That is good to hear. DId they ever figure out what was wrong with him?

Dollyquilts
May 31st, 2015, 02:55 PM
Cyndi, that's really great news. A diagnosis would still be nice though. Amazing healing powers of youth. Prayers continuing to cover all bases.

cyndiofthevortex
May 31st, 2015, 03:41 PM
DId they ever figure out what was wrong with him?Nope. The doc just gave him a three week course of antibiotics in case it was Lyme Disease (even though three tests for it came back negative) and he's been on them for two and a half weeks. Whether they are the cause of his improvement or not, we are so thankful that he is getting better. What a relief it is to all of us! We really would like a diagnosis in case the symptoms ever come back or if what he has might have lasting effects, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

songbird857
May 31st, 2015, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the update, Cyndi - that is great news!

rebeccas-sewing
May 31st, 2015, 04:05 PM
Did they ever decide what caused it or is it still a mystery? I'm glad to hear he's improving. I think I remember you saying they finally gave him antibiotics. Do you think that's what brought about improvement or just time?

Bubby
May 31st, 2015, 04:26 PM
This is great news. Too bad you didn't find out what the cause of his illness is/was.

Suzette
May 31st, 2015, 05:42 PM
So good to hear he is on the mend! :icon_bigsmile:

stationarymom
June 1st, 2015, 02:54 AM
That's great news I hope he continues to get better.I will keep him in my prayers.

mommamarsh
June 1st, 2015, 02:57 AM
Wonderful !

WendyI
June 2nd, 2015, 12:17 PM
I missed this somehow...that is excellent news although unnerving to not have a diagnosis for sure. Hopefully it will never return!

MayinJerset
June 2nd, 2015, 02:03 PM
Great News and hope it gets better everyday.

alliek
June 2nd, 2015, 02:53 PM
So Happy to hear this! Many blessings for continued healing.

Sonic
June 2nd, 2015, 06:13 PM
I'm glad to hear he's getting better but it has to be frustrating not knowing what it was. Continued prayers for him to keep regaining his strength and that he leaves this far behind him, never to pop up again.