PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

HandsomeRyan
May 31st, 2015, 08:42 AM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

We got moved and are trying to get settled. We miss our MD friends but the general community in TN is so much friendlier.

I'm getting settled into my new job at Vanderbilt. It is a beautiful campus (all 330 acres of it!) full of stately old buildings and mature trees. It has been a lot to learn but my coworkers have all been nice and helped me out so far.

Sawyer, aka: Wiggles is getting settled at his new daycare. He loves to go on bicycle rides with daddy on the greenway trail that connects to our apartment complex. He finally learned to walk and now he is all over the place. I love that guy so much.

Baby #2 is doing fine as well. We find out gender next month. My wife is already calling it a girl and I think she will be sad if it isn't. For practical reasons I think a boy would be easier but I honestly do not care and will love whatever I end up with. Baby should be arriving around Halloween. My wife has been feeling pretty good physically although I don't think she likes the tele-working and just sitting around our apartment all day. I tried to remind her that it is temporary.

Not doing any quilting (or any hobbies for that matter) lately. The apartment is nice (A/C, a dishwasher, we're living in high cotton compared to our old farmhouse) but it is really small. I guess once I find out gender on baby #2 I'll be making it a quilt but I'll have to get my equipment out of storage at my moms house.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. I hope the big Three-oh is even better than my 20's.

Angelia
May 31st, 2015, 08:47 AM
Glad you are settling in--good to hear from you. :)

Iris Girl
May 31st, 2015, 09:20 AM
Wonderful to hear from you. Happy you all are settling in and wiggles is walking and new baby to be and mom are doing great! Pop in when you can , we miss your stories and pictures.

songbird857
May 31st, 2015, 09:36 AM
Thanks for letting us know that all is well :)
Wiggles is getting so big! The great thing about moving when they're that little, is that they adjust so quickly to wherever they are.
Glad to hear Tabatha is feeling well; looking forward to seeing whatever quilt you design for baby #2 :)

Jean Sewing Machine
May 31st, 2015, 09:46 AM
So glad to hear from you! Whether you are quilting or not, you are a part of the Forum Family! So please tune in and let us hear how you are doing! And keep sending those Wiggles pictures! Your adopted Grammies and Aunties miss you guys! Glad to hear Tabatha is doing well!

Sandy Navas
May 31st, 2015, 09:48 AM
Thanks for checking in. We have so many members who often go astray and when they do they leave an empty hole here on the forum. So check in often, even if you aren't up to a long note and getting stitches in fabric to share.

CarolynK
May 31st, 2015, 10:22 AM
Great news Ryan and just love those pictures of little Wiggles!

Kgrammiecaz
May 31st, 2015, 12:01 PM
Opps missed saying Happy Birthday. My thirties were the best! Great to see you hear and that things are going well.

K. McEuen
May 31st, 2015, 01:40 PM
Ryan, make sure and give your mom an extra hug. My daughter turned 30 this year and I sort of freaked out a little when I realized my baby was 30! You know, it's not possible, because I'm not old enough to have a 30 year old. :)

You are just going to have to teach Sawyer how to post so he can step in for you if you get too busy.

Navy Wife
May 31st, 2015, 03:38 PM
I'm so glad you are happy in Tennessee. We love this place, 3 hours east of you. And for being thirty, I can't remember that far back! But I'll be glad to ask my Granddaughters, ages 30 and 31. Nashville is a nice place, and parts of it are beautiful...lots of history for Wiggles when he gets older.

By the way, Karen, my baby is 50!

songbird857
May 31st, 2015, 04:04 PM
I'm so glad you are happy in Tennessee. We love this place, 3 hours east of you. And for being thirty, I can't remember that far back! But I'll be glad to ask my Granddaughters, ages 30 and 31. Nashville is a nice place, and parts of it are beautiful...lots of history for Wiggles when he gets older.

By the way, Karen, my baby is 50!

I am my dad and mom's baby and I'll be 50 next month ;) I'll be sure to call my dad on my birthday and remind him of this... (bad girl, baaaaad girl :))

And Ryan - honestly, my 30's is when I started to feel like I was 'getting it' in life. It's gotten better in my 40's - so I can't wait to see what God has for me in the next decade!!!

rebeccas-sewing
May 31st, 2015, 04:17 PM
It's so nice to hear from you, Ryan. I'm glad you're getting settled. Sounds like things are going well in all respects. I've never been to Tennessee. I can well imagine the folks there are friendly. That's always such a good thing. I felt the same way about our move to Houston. I had moved from New York City to Philadelphia and then on to Houston and I noticed how friendly everyone in Houston seemed to be. I remember sitting in the hotel on the house hunting trip. I was looking out the window thinking, "Am I on another planet?" It was so flat and wide open with not much of anything in any direction for as far as I could see which was quite a distance. Very different to what I was used to. While I was looking out that window I was making a phone call. I couldn't get over how friendly the operator was. Needless to say, I was really impressed. I didn't want to move to Texas, but I have to say it was a fantastic experience. I've made some life-long friends from our time there and I have many fond memories. Let us know when you find about what the baby will be. Wiggles is in for a big surprise come Fall.

auntiemern
May 31st, 2015, 09:13 PM
Good to hear from you on here. Wiggles is getting so big. I can understand why you love it at Vanderbilt. It is a beautiful place. Most everything in and around Nashville is beautiful. Make sure you let us know when you find out gender.

Grandma G
May 31st, 2015, 11:25 PM
So glad you checked in. You make your forum family worry when you wait too long to check in. Wiggles is precious and he is growing so much. Also glad you are settling in and everything is going well. Give our love to Tabatha and be sure to let us know whether pink or blue will be the primary color in that quilt you will be making your latest addition.

Miss Sheri
June 1st, 2015, 01:39 AM
Hi Ryan, happy birthday, sorry I missed it. I loved seeing new pictures of adorable Sawyer. I hope all works together for your good there in Tenn. Glad to hear that Tabitha is doing well. Best wishes on your new job.

stationarymom
June 1st, 2015, 01:46 AM
Ryan Happy Belated Birthday! The pics of Wiggles are precious.Glad to hear you are all settling in and that all is well keep in touch when you can.