PDA

View Full Version : The Night Owl Hoots

kimsophia
May 31st, 2015, 02:53 AM
Look at me, up after midnight at last but I'll be back in bed in a minute...and how are you? @,@

sewluvit
May 31st, 2015, 03:03 AM
Hi Kim, first time posting as a night owl for me. I am often still up this late but not on the forum. Well hubby should have a spot warmed up in the nest for me so guess I will go crawl in. Have a good night

MayinJerset
May 31st, 2015, 03:19 AM
2am when I arrived and since you 2 were asleep I flew to my little tree hole and am going to sleep too.110593

toggpine
May 31st, 2015, 05:51 AM
It's nearly 2 AM here too. The dog is barking at something. I certainly hope the neighbors are not light sleepers.

I'm done for the night myself. I'll catch up with you all after the sun is up.

Hugs, Cathy

Granny Judy
May 31st, 2015, 05:59 AM
Short night for me.. Thankfully I can come here to see how everyone is doing without waking up everyone in the house...there and here. LOL

Got a new book downloaded to my tablet.. so I'll put it to work as I lay back down to try and get back sleep.. talking books are better than any ol sleeping pill (for me).

kimsophia
May 31st, 2015, 09:06 AM
Welcome, sewluvit!

I'm hardly a night owl lately as since I caught a virus on Wednesday I have been sleeping nights and waking early. I hope to quick finish off another flannel baby bib today and get a shipment sent to my great-nieces. This flannel is so cute I just may have to make myself a bib!

Bubby
May 31st, 2015, 09:15 AM
I was up in the middle of the night but I couldn't get online because we were having electrical storms. I missed checking in with you late-night girls.

Andrea F
May 31st, 2015, 09:32 AM
Good afternoon night owls, I'm so late today and I already got my scare of the week. I spent last night waiting for DS#1 until 4 a.m. and was concerned because he wasn't home by then. He went to a girl's birthday he barely knows at 3 p.m. yesterday and told me he won't be long. He also told me she said she bought lots of alcohol. He's 24 and has been living on his own for a couple of years and has a history with alcohol and drugs. After he came back home a few years ago, I learned about several events that no mother wants to hear about, that kind of events that make you very grateful he's still alive and well.
The combination of knowing about all that alcohol and that he has a hard time controlling his impulses, not knowing where he was and not answering his phone kinda scared me. Don't get me wrong, it's completely okay that he was out and everything, it's just that he didn't tell me that he won't be home for the night.

He still wasn't home at 11 a.m. today and I was freaking out and thinking about calling the hospitals and the police. He came home shortly after that as if nothing happened and tried to tell me he had sent a text message, which he clearly didn't do. I wanted to see his phone and that message. Well, apparently the message wasn't sent out. Go figure... And he didn't have a chance to call me after seeing that I called him a gazillion times.

I hope your Sunday started better than mine. Have a nice day ladies!

Cathy, I'm so glad that your baby goat made it. :D

sewluvit
May 31st, 2015, 11:18 AM
Welcome, sewluvit!

I'm hardly a night owl lately as since I caught a virus on Wednesday I have been sleeping nights and waking early. I hope to quick finish off another flannel baby bib today and get a shipment sent to my great-nieces. This flannel is so cute I just may have to make myself a bib!

Kim, I love working with flannels. It's one of the fabrics I like to buy on impulse because there are so many beautiful ones.