PDA

View Full Version : She's at the Prom - - hope she's having fun!

bscuzz
May 30th, 2015, 10:48 PM
For those of you who saw my previous post about our DGD - our oldest who is a HS Sr this year and a lot of preparation for her Sr Prom . . . . well we had a gathering for photos and sent them on their way a few hours ago. Sure hope they're having fun . . . .

thought I'd share a couple shots of the Prom couple

110587 110588

Such nice looking' kids, doncha ya think? - Thanks for looking!

Sonic
May 30th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Aww, adorable looking kids! And what a lovely dress as well.

sewlucky
May 30th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Beautiful! I sure they are enjoying themselves!

auntiemern
May 30th, 2015, 11:38 PM
What a great looking couple.

Mpyles
May 30th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Beautiful!!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 31st, 2015, 01:06 AM
They are such an elegant looking couple! Yes, I hope they are having a ball!

stationarymom
May 31st, 2015, 01:35 AM
They make a beautiful looking couple,especially all dressed up.I hope she is having a great time.

Juliet Taylor
May 31st, 2015, 05:12 AM
She is so elegant! And they look so pretty and happy! Hope they enjoyed the prom!

Lori63
May 31st, 2015, 08:30 AM
Hopefully they had a great time. You did an amazing job on that dress, it fits her beautifully.

bscuzz
May 31st, 2015, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone for all the complimentary comments for our DGD - waiting to hear how it went. There was after-prom secured gathering back at the school with lots of pre-planned activities, etc. where the kids could not leave till 5:00 am (w/o parental sign out) - so I imagine she is back at home still sleeping!! I live vicariously thru my DGDs since in my day there was no where near all this hoopla!

rebeccas-sewing
May 31st, 2015, 04:25 PM
I love what both of them are wearing - classy! I hope she's having fun too. Honestly, for me (when I was her age) I think the most fun was just getting ready. hahaha

Bubby
May 31st, 2015, 04:28 PM
They are a great looking couple. Your DGD is gorgeous!

laura44
May 31st, 2015, 06:35 PM
What a stunning dress! Such a nice looking couple, hope they had fun.

bscuzz
June 1st, 2015, 01:24 AM
The word is out - she/they had a GREAT TIME . . . for this DGD, who is not usually one to enjoy a party, that makes me very happy!

Seems they also very much enjoyed the Post Prom event. They were each given gift bags with coupons, hers with a Vera Bradley coin purse and some other 'neat things'. She won a really nice beach bag with a towel, sunscreen, headphones, and some others things. She said there were some really expensive gifts that were raffled off.

I am so glad that she decided to go! :icon_happy:

sewelegant
June 1st, 2015, 08:27 AM
Living vicariously thru a DGD is so much fun! We don't have the hang-ups/fears/doubts with the DGD that we had ourselves at that age. We just see the lovely, wonderful person that they are, and have fun with it. BTW, that dress is stunning. Molds to her perfect shape beautifully. Of course, I'm sure she doesn't think it's perfect, one of the hang-ups she won't see in her own DGD one day! Continue enjoying your "new" experiences!

klgls
June 1st, 2015, 10:26 AM
Adorable couple and I'm glad they had such a good time!

Grandma Nan
June 1st, 2015, 11:25 AM
A little late but I want to pay my compliments as well. A very stunning dress and a handsome man. Your GD has good taste, must get that from her grandmother, eh??