PDA

View Full Version : This place is the Best!!

Sonic
May 30th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I am utterly amazed….
Truly and utterly amazed. :icon_happy:

Sandy Navas, sneaky girl that she is, floored me with a wonderful package yesterday! All things that I needed too.
Inside was the most adorable sheep pin cushion for my special long flower head pins (who have had to live in one of those generic tomato looking things) the cutest chicken hot pad (I love all things chickens, especially comical ones) a nice scrubber and hand towel, the exact type of barrettes I use to tame my curly mop....er... um, I mean that I use to hold binding....*cough*, a cute reminder to smile daily- which I really need lately, a nice pair of embroidery scissors, a book mark, and a cute travel/fold up Frisbee.
Frisbee?
Yep, a Frisbee… which happens to be mine and kiddo’s favorite activity when we go to the park. Now I will always have one with us!

The best though, I must admit, is the wonderful sewing organizer that had an olfa cutting mat tucked inside. The fabric is just cute as a button, no pun intended, and I’m thoroughly tickled and delighted at such a wonderful hand made case! Plus, now I get to find out why people love the olfas so much. (Am I starting to turn to the dark side??)
My crochet hooks immediately claimed the sewing case and jumped in all on their own. Yeah, I know..…it was probably intended for sewing items, but my precious hooks have been wanting a home ever since I learned to crochet 6 years ago and they don’t intend to vacate it anytime soon. :D

Sandy, thank you!
I took what you said in the letter to heart, plus the fact that the people here have blessed me so much, and I fully intend to keep paying it forward.
:icon_hug:

110583 110584
110585 110586

toggpine
May 30th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Sandy is just too awesome! Enjoy your new sewing goodies!

songbird857
May 30th, 2015, 10:41 PM
How wonderful :) Everything is adorable!

K. McEuen
May 30th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Nice haul! Love the case, and I totally get the crochet hook home. I have duplicates of so many sizes because mine were everywhere and I'd buy a new one when I couldn't find the one I wanted.

Kgrammiecaz
May 30th, 2015, 11:05 PM
What an awesome package to open. I am sure you are enjoying.

auntiemern
May 30th, 2015, 11:37 PM
She is the absolute bestest. Enjoy your goodies.

JaniceR
May 31st, 2015, 12:34 AM
What a sweetheart to send you all those goodies!! Very very thoughtful! And Sandy, I would love to know if there is a pattern for that little organizer? That is so cute and very useful! I love it!

stationarymom
May 31st, 2015, 01:56 AM
Your lucky to have such a wonderful friend.Sandy obviously knows you well since everything she gifted was something you will use.

Juliet Taylor
May 31st, 2015, 05:07 AM
What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! Absolutely sweet!

irishrn
May 31st, 2015, 09:08 AM
So thoughtful gifts from a thoughtful friend!! Enjoy them all!!!!

Bubby
May 31st, 2015, 09:13 AM
That's a fabulous bunch of treats! I love everything she sent you. Remember to smile once and get it over with...that's so Sandy!!

Iris Girl
May 31st, 2015, 09:22 AM
Enjoy your goodies. Sandy is the bestest. We have such a caring giving forum!

pcbatiks
May 31st, 2015, 09:42 AM
Sandy is a sneaky little ninja.........isn't she! What a fun surprise!

Sandy Navas
May 31st, 2015, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the warm fuzzies!! Just a wee bit of clarification. That scrubber thingee is to swipe threads off your clothing. Supposedly works better than a lint roller . . . TBD. And the 'frisbee' is actually a fan for when you are getting hot and bothered with your sewing projects (picked up from Eleanor Burns' shop in Paducah). Otherwise you are just about hunky-dory!!

Oh, and I do have the pattern for the organizer - they are really very, very easy to make. In fact I used the same idea to make a case for Al's Chrome Book yesterday (with minor adjustment issues . . . oh, heck, I'll confess . . . several ripping sessions). I'll see if I can find a decent copy of the instructions - mine has been copied without adequate ink in the printer and is not very legible.

Mpyles
May 31st, 2015, 09:49 AM
So sweet of Sandy!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 31st, 2015, 09:50 AM
That is so special! Sandy is the bestest friend ever!

Bratbear
May 31st, 2015, 09:57 AM
Yep,that's Sandy for you. She is the best when it comes to package surprises. Enjoy them by all means. Love you Sandy!!!!!

buckeyequilter
May 31st, 2015, 10:00 AM
People on here are wonderful....enjoy your goodies!

Two thumbs up to Sandy!

CarolynK
May 31st, 2015, 10:19 AM
That's awesome. I agree - everyone here is just wonderful, helpful, funny and so caring.

klgls
May 31st, 2015, 10:40 AM
Enjoy your goodies from an awesome forum friend!!

Sonic
May 31st, 2015, 11:04 AM
Just a wee bit of clarification. That scrubber thingee is to swipe threads off your clothing. Supposedly works better than a lint roller . . . TBD. And the 'frisbee' is actually a fan for when you are getting hot and bothered with your sewing projects...

:icon_stunned:.....:0
Um, well...my sig line does say I'm new at this....right? (gotta love the naive LOL)
Good thing I didn't do any dishes yet huh? :lol:

Thread bits on my clothes don't bother me at all because they blend with the hay bits I always wear, but I'll bet you anything that the scubber thingy would be perfect for wiping off the bits of thread after seam ripping. Not that I have that problem or anything.....
And the frisbee actually flies really good, I already tested it.
Leave it to me to re-purpose things. :D

I too would love the pattern and when I was pulling the mat out I thought...."What a perfect e-reader case/organizer" as well! That was before the hooks saw it.

laura44
May 31st, 2015, 11:06 AM
Lucky you, what thoughtful gifts.

Carrie J
May 31st, 2015, 11:06 AM
Leah, people here are just outstanding!!! Enjoy, Enjoy!!! :D

Sandy, major thumbs up Girl!

rebeccas-sewing
May 31st, 2015, 11:48 AM
Not only is she one of the funniest people I know but she has a heart of gold. Gotta love Sandy Navas. Enjoy the love that's been showered upon you.

ceiliam
May 31st, 2015, 12:30 PM
What a sweet friend, love the gifts and the thoughts that went into it.