PDA

View Full Version : Good morning

Ginny B
May 30th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Happy Saturday. I woke up at 5:15 from a bad dream. It was about being held against my will someplace, conning my captor into letting me out of the room, mingling with lots of people, my best friend from work telling me we needed to leave right away, captor saying it was ok for me to go, then some other guy heading us off saying it was a trap , he made us go in a different direction and then leaving through a big empty room and hearing shots.... Then I woke up! Whew! Eventually I fell back to sleep for a couple hours and now here I am enjoying my tea and catching up here.

Not sure what my plans are for today. Dh has to go get a tire for his car. One of his has a slow leak and he wants to get it replaced. I might hit a couple of yard sales this morning. Then I'll see what else on the To Do list I can accomplish.

Hugs to all that need them. Enjoy the day.

CarolynK
May 30th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Good Morning, Ginny and all,

Wow, Ginny - not the best way to start off the weekend with a nightmare like that!

I have a busy weekend ahead and it doesn't include any sewing. Oh well. I'm off later to get some plants and shrubs to put in the ground tomorrow. Yesterday was my Dad's 79th birthday so we are celebrating later today with a cookout and some fresh asparagus from the garden.

Have a great day and enjoy! Hugs!

Carolyn

Sandy Navas
May 30th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Don't like those nightmares, Ginny!! Watch what you re munching before heading to bed tonight.

It is another soggy day here - I can hear the mold growing!!

Ran out of one of the fabrics for my red and white quilt yesterday and managed to find it available at M* - only cost me for shipping. Those are the YEAH moments. And so, since I don't want to loom ahead on that project until my shipment comes, I'm concentrating on a new case for Al's Chrome Book. Several years ago I bought several pieces of beautiful leather and I've decided that is what I will finally use to make the case - very manly!! Excited to start it. I did a protocol earlier in the week and goofed up - but I do know what I did wrong!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - enjoy the outdoors if it is treating you well where you live.

Many additional prayers today - combined forces work though!!

MayinJerset
May 30th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Not the best way to wake u9p Ginny. I've had dreams like that when I fell asleep watching TV and it turned out to be the TV show.
Today I woke up to bird's chirping and a cool sunny day. Have a perm scheduled for noon and we'll see where we'll go from there. First I need more coffee to get me moving. 110571

Mom23
May 30th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Good morning quilting friends. We have a busy weekend as today is a family wedding and tomorrow a nephews birthday party. Our married son is in the wedding and he showed up here yesterday without his wife and baby. She didn't come because she "didn't want to be stuck with us" since he is in the wedding. I could tell he was upset about it so I didn't tell him exactly how I felt. It has been very much more relaxed since she isn't here so maybe it's for the better. It's quite obvious she dislikes us so I will move forward in life trying to have a relationship with our son, and hopefully some day with our grandson.

I've been busy in the sewing room but have nothing for show and tell. lots of cleaning, downsizing, and organizing getting accomplished and boy does it feel good.

In looking back at my life the past few years I am so thankful I turned to the hobby of quilting, and more so the fact that I stumbled upon this forum. I know others have said it but this group is just like a group hug every day. When I say my prayers y'all are always remembered.

Happy Weekend!

Carrie J
May 30th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Busy weekend, but not sewing.....instead work. Interject sad, pouting face here! And., yep, you guessed it MORE stinkin'nrain. Ahhhh, but still much to be grateful for. Ginny, hate those wake with a start and your heart racing dreams!!!! Off to see if I can truly dodge raindrops, and seriously thinking about asking for a rebate, I do not melt in the rain.......wait! That could be interpreted two different ways! ROFL!!!!! MHappy Day to all, Hugs and Blessings to all!

ceiliam
May 30th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Good morning, glad you escaped Ginny by waking up. Robin im sorry , just dont know why people dont realize when you marry someone you are marrying. The family, and even though you might not be crazy abt them at least try. I have one brother in law that drives me crzy has for 40 some years, he is however a great dad and grandpa, my sister loves him. Therefor I tolerate him.
Sandy glad you found your material
Hope to get binding finished on donation quilt today, so I can do something I like...like squaring up 600. 1/2 square triangles lol. Have a geat day all Cecelia

Jean Sewing Machine
May 30th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Hello all! It's a rainy dark day here also. Matches my mood after saying goodbye to my 18 year old fur baby yesterday. But on a brighter note, I think I am going to get to NYC in a couple of weeks for a Summer Solstice concert that has been on my bucket list for a while! That will be fun!

Need to get in the sewing room to work on commission projects, time is slipping by!

Robin, I'm so sorry about the way things are going with the DIL and baby. But at least you will have some good times with your son and the rest of the family. And let those quilts roll out of the sewing studio to soothe your soul! That's the only way you can be. And I wish I could get my hands on that DIL to slap some sense into her!

Have a great day!