PDA

View Full Version : Friday - here comes the weekend

Blondie
May 29th, 2015, 06:35 AM

Hello folksies

4 a.m. came far too early for me this morning. Most of the time I wake up and look at the clock and think, hey I can sleep some more. Not this morning. I've been draggin' my wagon around, even coffee hasn't really kicked in yet. Hope it does before 7 a.m. and my first client of the day.

BobW - how happy I was to see your post this a.m.! How many men can say they have so many women thinking of them all throughout the day! love the blue light story.

Okay, so I have lots and loads of things to be happy for, reflect on and look forward to. I know we have discussed bucket lists off and on throughout the past few years of the forum. I have never been too sure about the bucket list thing until I started getting on pinterest. Now it seems that my bucket list of everything is either on my bucket list or yours and it should be pinned to my boards. How many things have you pinned that you actually made did not turn out just right? It doesn't have to be sewing related. I have personally found some pretty easy and delish recipes there as well. I can get totally lost in time and space on pinterest and well, here as well. which is one good reason why I don't have a cell phone with internet -

Here are some more smiles to get you through the weekend, some hugs to hang onto and oh yes, some more of each thrown in for good measure.

buckeyequilter
May 29th, 2015, 06:45 AM
I can get totally lost in time and space on pinterest and well, here as well. which is one good reason why I don't have a cell phone with internet -

Good morning....

Getting ready for work....TGIF!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

toggpine
May 29th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Morning Blondie!

It's been a while since we passed in the hall like this! I just finished about 15 dozen cookies and two dozen jumbo muffins for Em's little bake sale for the school walk-a-thon. She's sending the treats to Dad's work, and apparently the guys are scarfing them up. There was no way I was letting her stay up to fill the orders Daddy brought home tonight. I'm guessing this method of fund raising is going to work better than just asking for $. Our donation is in the form of baking supplies!

I haven't figured out the whole pinterest thing. I mean I have an account, and I've looked, but it must not appeal to me for some reason. Maybe because I can't get the stuff I have already thought of done!

I hope you coffee kicks in soon so you can share a few of those sweet smiles today!

Off to find my bed for a few hours!
Cathy

I'm going to head off to the

rebeccas-sewing
May 29th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Wow, Cathy! Your kitchen must have been absolute heaven for the senses. That's a boat load of cookies, girl! I can't imagine how many hours you must've been working in your kitchen. Yard work for me today and I'll be continuing to make Bear Paw blocks. I'm on my own starting tomorrow. Joe will be heading to Scotland for a week's training with our friends for a sailing adventure we'll be having this summer. I will be clueless but I'm counting on them to keep us afloat. hahaha I plan to relax on deck, get a bit of sun and enjoy touring in Dubrovnik. We will be sailing around in the waters of the Adriatic Sea.

Monique
May 29th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a good night sleep and ready for the day today. Speaking of baking, I need to make some muffins for the Relay for Life tomorrow. Today is going to be a nice warm sunny day. I did manage to get two quilts sandwiched yesterday. One more load of laundry to do today and get that hung out later. Not sure what my plans are for the day yet.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Monique
May 29th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Wow, Cathy! Your kitchen must have been absolute heaven for the senses. That's a boat load of cookies, girl! I can't imagine how many hours you must've been working in your kitchen. Yard work for me today and I'll be continuing to make Bear Paw blocks. I'm on my own starting tomorrow. Joe will be heading to Scotland for a week's training with our friends for a sailing adventure we'll be having this summer. I will be clueless but I'm counting on them to keep us afloat. hahaha I plan to relax on deck, get a bit of sun and enjoy touring in Dubrovnik. We will be sailing around in the waters of the Adriatic Sea.

WOW, what an wonderful experience you are having.

Blondie
May 29th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Rebecca - this is just for YOU. Go forth and ring those bells. Enjoy Dubruvnic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtJSLZnKCv0

one of my very very favorites for giggles

Juliet Taylor
May 29th, 2015, 07:55 AM

Wow! That sounds amazing! The city where I live, Trieste, is on the Adriatic Sea! I have never been yet in Dubrovnik but I know it is gorgeous! For who watchs Game of Thrones is where they filmed King Landing!

About my day... It is day three after my dh slipped and felt while hiking. He dislocated his shoulder and broke a bone in his shoulder. Luckily we were not in the middle of nowhere so between a jeep and an ambulance we got him to the hospital. On Monday we have to go back to the hospital to talk about him, maybe surgery will be necessary, we do not know yet. I am sorry this happened because my dh is a very independent man and not being it for more than a month it is hard.
plus I do not drive and we are on vacation... but luckily public transportation is not bad here!

Ginny B
May 29th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Happy Friday! I see the sun this morning. Two reasons right there to smile. Add the fact that we close at 4:00 today (and every Friday until Labor Day) and the smile gets even bigger.

This weekend I need to get my thoughts organized on what we need to get for the projects that need to be done around here. I need to decide on a paint color for a bedroom that needs to be painted. It doesn't get a ton of sunlight so I need a light color -- but not a stark white. I was thinking about a light grey but now I think I'd like a creamier color. We've got some outside projects to get done too. It seems that a section of a fence between us and our next door neighbor blew down (and actually has disappeared) at some point over the last couple of days. So, until we get the whole fence between us replaced, I've got to get something temporary up in the open section. They have a dog and when my son visits with his, well, that could be a problem. And, of course, I will want to spend some time in my sewing room.

But for now, I need to go get ready for my 4:00 Friday! Have a great day everyone.

dwil23
May 29th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Oh, yes, Pinterest. What can I say? I could be lost on there for days. But, I would really never get anything done. My daughter often doesn't sign out of her account, then I will get an email with a link, then I pin a quilt and then I hear "Mom's been on pinterest again because I have a bunch of quilts on my page" (I even made a board for quilts, once).

Well, today is a big day. My baby graduates from High School this afternoon. Bittersweet. We have a big party planned here for tomorrow and I have a TON of things to get cooked, cleaned, and otherwise done. Ex-DH is in town and I'm just praying he won't cause drama, but he already started last night. Informed my DS that I had "no right" to invite his brother (my kid's ONLY Uncle) to the party, since I am not in their family anymore. Truth is - he doesn't get along with him, and I have always been closer to his family than he was. I will take Blondie's advice and just SMILE!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day and a great weekend! Prayers for those in need....

WendyI
May 29th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Morning all!! HAPPY FRIDAY!! I realized today that I think I am content. I'm okay with my new life...the "newness" is still there though and even though I'm struggling a bit monetarily speaking, everything else is okay. Love my new car, it's lots of fun to drive...and all the bells and whistles don't hurt either. My cousin and her daughter are coming to spend the weekend and help me organize my spare room and get my sewing table set up! Looking forward to getting that all done! Have to call about my washing machine today...it's really messed up and I'm afraid it's gonna walk it's way through a wall or something!

Thinking of everyone with health and other issues today and sending lots of warm love and hugs your way!! xoxo

Sandy Navas
May 29th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Juliet - sending the best wishes for the best outcome for your DH's shoulder. What a way to spend a vacation. I know this wasn't in your original plans!!

I spent some time in my little haven yesterday moving some things around. It was all started because I dropped my computer glasses behind a cabinet and the only way to get to them was to disassemble my computer and move the cabinet it sat on. So, if I'm doing that I'd better vacuum up those loose threads and clippings, and then why not move this here so it is easier to reach and why isn't this over there and who knows. So today I'll find out if the moves made any significant improvements on my ability to start and finish a project.

Other than that we'll be enjoying no rain for a wee bit, preparing for more downpours this afternoon. I feel like I have moss growing on my toes. Al wants to refinish the deck but the boards have to be dry and we can't get a dry spell.

Sending all kinds of good fuzzies for all my forum friends for whatever!! Get wells, feel betters, heal soon, take care, and . . . don't go commando!

ceiliam
May 29th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Morning all , wish was closer Cathy or I would go to your husbands work to buy your baked goods. Blondie, Love your happy positive attitude, helps keep me focused. On the good thank you. Rebecca. Wow jealous of all the grand adventures you are having and really glad that you are taking advantage of your opportunities.
Today am still in process of squaring up 600 1/2square triangles, for box kite quilt. I promised my niece i would make it for her mother, she always raves about the quilts when she comes down from Alaska. My newphew hit out of the park when he married her. Then this week my sister. And I raided our stashes for my sweet mom who asked that we make a quilt for her wonderful best friend . so glad my sister is making quilt, I am more then glad to donate the fabric. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Cecelia

TRLSRL72
May 29th, 2015, 10:36 AM
So happy its Friday. Not much planned for the weekend except for some much needed house cleaning. Hope everyone enjoys.

buckeyequilter
May 29th, 2015, 10:39 AM
I haven't figured out the whole pinterest thing. I mean I have an account, and I've looked, but it must not appeal to me for some reason. Maybe because I can't get the stuff I have already thought of done!

I just set up a category for Quilting Videos. I can pin the M* (and other) videos in that group so I can go back and quickly find and watch the videos I like or might want to try.

auntiemern
May 29th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Morning all. I am not a morning person...although many of you have been up for hours, it is just not my thing. Never have been, always been a night owl. Got a little bit done yesterday. Hand stitched some binding on, then had to go watch the kids. That has been an easy gig the past few days as my bundle of non stop energy, has been visiting the other grands. I will drive an hour to pick her up today at noon.
Blondie, I am sending off a package today for a gal that lives in Eden. Her name is Sheila Carter (was Stewart, she just got married) put a little not in the package that if she happened to know you to give you a hug from me. I know sometimes the world is small enough for this to happen.
Off to get dressed to go to DD's and hang with the kiddo's.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

Grandma Nan
May 29th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I just get lost in these sites and spend hours. I am trying to be better but it is so interesting to talk to all of you or spend time on pintrest. My newest thing to focus on is cleaning, restoring and I hope soonto do minor repairs on the oldies. I would never even try the newer computer type ones. I'm reading like a fiend and it is so interesting.

Also if any of you have any secret cleaning ideas for old machines I would love to hear about them. I am developing a few of my own and things I have borrowed from other sites. It is all a big adventure. Who knows? Still like sewing with them better but it is satisfying to make one of the neglected babies look better.

If anyone has a good source for replacement parts for Singers (that's what I have the most of) I am interested.

Have a great weekend.

MayinJerset
May 29th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Upset stomach this morning had be in not too great a mood, felling better now. DH and I said today we're doing nothing except the necessaries, you know dressing, eating and relaxing as we've been doing a little too much the past week. I have a perm scheduled for tomorrow and that's a necessity as my hair is just laying flat.

Sunday I hope one or both sons can come over to give DH a hand with a few chores. It's difficult to get DH to wait until the boys can give him a hand but he has to as he's been tiring himself out.

Simply Quilting
May 29th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Good Afternoon! It has been a busy morning around here. The painter is finishing his last day of work. He was able to get so much done. The rooms looks so bright and fresh. The realtor came by and we now have our house officially listed on the market. When she arrived, she decided to take the outside pictures first which was a great plan because as we started filling out the paperwork, the weather decided to downpour and it was still raining when she left. We already have one possible showing lined up for this Sunday. Yikes! I still have a lot to get done tomorrow before anyone comes.

Have an awesome weekend everyone :)

irishrn
May 29th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Another afternoon greeting! Mornings have been a bit crazy this week. Got up to get trash to dump and then start on the painting in the master BR in prep for new flooring. Only trim needed painting but I decided to wash walls too which I painted 2 years ago. Once the trim is dry on the windows I can wash them. Yesterday curtains down to wash and rehung, plus packed up another area of the bedroom. DH is not cooperating at all with getting his stuff packed up! I'll give him till Monday and then all hell is gonna break loose here! I'm not fooling around with his hoarding in there! It's gotta go!!!
Appt with the surgeon for cataract next Friday. MD office expects surgery to be mid to late June at the hospital I retired from. I'll get to see all the girls for a bit!
Ready to start second coat of painting, then off to pay bills!! I hope all have a great Friday!!
Ya'll talk care now!!!