PDA

View Full Version : NIGHT OWLING TONIGHT

MayinJerset
May 29th, 2015, 03:12 AM
2 am and I'm not sleepy although my body feels tired, and dry. I've been sipping a drink for the past 1/2 hour and my mouth and nose still feel dry. It was a very hot day today and it seemed to dry all the moisture out of the air. We also had the AC on late afternoon and that also dries the air. Got to find my saline solution spray.

What have the other Night Owls been up to today? I see our pal Bob received good preliminary results from his surgery, way to go Bob! Annika is having her work highlighted on TV - hope she can get us link so we can see the program.

toggpine
May 29th, 2015, 04:26 AM
I'm baking. Apparently the cookies were a big hit at Hubby's work today. He came home with orders for cookies and muffins. I have the last batch of muffins ready to go in. While they are baking off, I'll dip the peanut butter cookies in dark chocolate.
Hopefully Em will be able to raise a goodly portion of money for her walk-a-thon this way. It seems to loosen up the wallets faster than just asking for cash.
What ever doesn't sell we'll freeze for later. We will have family in around the kids' wedding and it will be nice to not have to worry about sweet treats. Although I doubt the guys will leave much behind!

The pans should have cooled off enough now for the next batch to be loaded in!
Happy Hooting! C

Andrea F
May 29th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Good morning, May! Seems as if all of the night owls are in their nests sleeping or busy otherwise. It's not very warm here and we had rain yesterday. I hope the sun comes out at the weekend. Glad to hear that Bob is home and all went well so far. Isn't it cool that Annika might see her work displayed on TV?

It's Friday and that means my weekend begins today. I have a lot to do in the house today, it needs some cleaning from top to bottom and my windows need to be washed. All of them. My sewing space desperately needs some straightening, somehow there grew big piles of fabric and scraps on the table. It looks like a bomb exploded there (actually big parts of the house look like this).

I hope everybody sleeps well and has a wonderful Friday to come!

MomGram
May 29th, 2015, 04:28 AM
I'm tired but sleep just isn't coming. The weatherman says temperatures will be around 108 this weekend so planning to stay inside with the AC on.

Lightwriter
May 29th, 2015, 05:49 AM
This little owl just woke up and is sticking her head out of the tree to see what is going on. Glad to hear Bob's news is encouraging.

Hot here...95...yesterday and no rain again. We have an irrigation system going on both garden and flowers. Knew when it rained so much this spring we wouldn't be able to buy a raindrop this summer.

Got about half of the sashings on my butterfly quilt. DH was feeling much better, so we ended up doing some errands.
Not much time to sew,

Hope everyone has a great day!

kimsophia
May 29th, 2015, 06:26 AM
I caught some kind of stomach bug on Wednesday night and have been sleeping a great deal since then and laying around feeling weak the rest of the time. I have been reading more of a fantasy novel but not doing any sewing. At least I don't feel like eating anything. Saltines and lemon lime pop, and chicken noodle soup are about it for me. It's nice to hear from funny BobW that his surgery went well.