PDA

View Full Version : There was a Blue Light Special at University Hospital today.

BobW
May 29th, 2015, 01:24 AM
I had surgery today. It's now 11 pm and I'm wide awake. Slept a good part of today. I don't know if I will get back to sleep tonight or not.

The surgery went well and I'm even home. The tumor was removed and sent for biopsy. I was the first patient at University hospital to have a new medication used for locating cancer. The manufacturer of the medication was there to train the nurses on administering the medication and in the operating room with the doctors to train them in using the "Blue Light" to see cancer cells. The medication is a contrast dye that when exposed to a blue light makes cancer cells "Glow" a blue color.

The doctors say there was no blue color, but they did send the tumor for normal biopsy. It was take 7-10 days to get those results back. Hopefully the "Blue Light" special is correct. But at least they weren't yelling "Clean Up in aisle 4". LOL

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers.

MayinJerset
May 29th, 2015, 01:29 AM
WOW, Bob, Great News about The Blue Light Special! So glad you aren't glowing!

Miss Sheri
May 29th, 2015, 01:30 AM
Bob, so happy to hear from you tonight. I hope your 'blue light special' turns out to be correct, with no cancer. May you be blessed with peace tonight, and an awareness that you are loved and appreciated. Sweet dreams!

Kgrammiecaz
May 29th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Happy to hear there was no blue light and you are doing well. Keep up with the resting and feel great quickly.

K. McEuen
May 29th, 2015, 01:38 AM
Glad to hear everything came out okay!

They send EVERYTHING to be biopsied. When I had the surgical steel hardware taken out of my leg, they sent it to the lab to be biopsied to "make sure no foreign cells are growing on them." I never could get anyone who knew what type of foreign cells could actually grow on stainless steel ...

sewlucky
May 29th, 2015, 01:40 AM
Great early news! I'm so glad you are home and resting well. I hope that recovery is easy and that the biopsy results are as good as the early signs.

Terri

stationarymom
May 29th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Bob I'm so glad you got through your surgery with out complications.I will pray that the "Blue light special" is right.Make sure to take care and get lots of rest.

mommamarsh
May 29th, 2015, 02:31 AM
Wonderful !

Jean Sewing Machine
May 29th, 2015, 02:38 AM
So glad to hear from you! Glad there was no "blue light"!

Andrea F
May 29th, 2015, 04:14 AM
Glad to hear all went well and there was no blue light :)

MomGram
May 29th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Happy to hear all went well. I will keep you in my prayers.

rebeccas-sewing
May 29th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Bob, you had me laughing. I'm glad surgery hasn't affected your sense of humor. I'm happy to hear you're home and the surgery is now out of the way. Very positive news to hear the "blue light special" wasn't on your menu.

Iris Girl
May 29th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Wonderful news! Glad your home resting and that there was no blue glow!

Lightwriter
May 29th, 2015, 05:39 AM
Hope you feel much better soon. The blue light story is very interesting and one I hope will help many people. Sounds very encouraging. Be blessed and we are thinking of you daily.

Blondie
May 29th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Ob Bob, how very good to read your post. I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. continuing with those for you and here's an extra hug and smile.

snippet
May 29th, 2015, 06:18 AM
How cool to have new methods for detecting cancer! So glad you are feeling better, but don't overdo it. Rest and heal. We love ya.

Loonwatcher
May 29th, 2015, 06:20 AM
So so glad you aren't blue. Hang in there.

Monique
May 29th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Bob that is great news and no blue light, that is even awesomer.

Sonic
May 29th, 2015, 07:47 AM
So, you got to be the first patient for the blue light trick? Somehow that does not surprise me :icon_razz:...
I'm so glad you didn't "glow." (um, did they send any cool glow stuff to your brain?? You could be the blingy disco ball light at the next knitwit party... lol)

Seriously though...I'm so glad it went well and you are home resting. I've been thinking about you and I'll continue to pray for a speedy bounce back and negative biopsy results!
:icon_hug:

Just don't go around scaring your friends now...telling them you have secret glow powers. I mean we worry about you enough as it is...

Ginny B
May 29th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Such great news Bob! Very interesting about the blue light. Take things easy.

Lilly
May 29th, 2015, 07:57 AM
So happy for you, Bob. I'll be praying that it continues to go well for you. I miss you here lately! Can't wait to see pics of new quilts coming from your corner of the world!

ceiliam
May 29th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Bob, fantastic news . cant tell you how relieved I am . keeping you in my prayers sending hugscand positive thoughts. Your way. Take it easy, get feel better soon

Cathy F
May 29th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Bob, glad to hear all went well and your on the road to a full recovery!

asta
May 29th, 2015, 08:23 AM
So glad to hear things went well. Hoping and praying that the "blue light" was correct.

MRoy
May 29th, 2015, 08:30 AM
They can't keep a good man and his sense of humor down! I'm glad you're back and doing well Bob. Prayers for a good recovery and a good biopsy report!

stitching woman
May 29th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Glad to see you are feeling up to posting. Take care don't overdo.

Amy R
May 29th, 2015, 08:44 AM
So glad to hear this! Thanks for letting us know *hugs*
Hope you feel better soon and that the no glow means no baddie cells!

dwil23
May 29th, 2015, 08:56 AM
So glad to hear! Now, if they would just have a Blue Light Special for the bill.;)

Bjvarizona
May 29th, 2015, 09:42 AM
So relievd at this news! We'll look forward to your return to full energy and frequent communication.

Shirley
May 29th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Great news!

klgls
May 29th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Bob - glad you came through surgery and praying that the blue light special is right on! God's speed for your recovery!

WendyI
May 29th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Glad to hear you're home and doing well and no blue light specials goin on! Wooo!! Positive thoughts coming your way for a clear biopsy!

Grandma Nan
May 29th, 2015, 10:06 AM
boB so glad there was no mess to clean up in the Blue Light Special aisle. Take care of yourself and we will celebrate this in Hamilton!!!if you know what I mean.

Sandy Navas
May 29th, 2015, 10:10 AM

The t-shirt they let Bob wear home . . .

So pleased that everything came out okay . . .

Panda
May 29th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Good news so far, Bob. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for negative biopsy results.

Kathy

pcbatiks
May 29th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Great news, Bob! Glad there was no "blue light" and no "clean up on aisle 4."

irishrn
May 29th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Good news Bob! Wishing you a quick recovery!!!

Carrie J
May 29th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Bob......................

these guys were looking for you, one turned in his notice and heard you were available!

All kidding aside, great news indeed and very glad to hear from you! Speedy healing, and prayers continue here for ya! :D

Dollyquilts
May 29th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Bob, so happy that the preliminary reports were good. Glad to you see that you feel chipper enough to be posting. You'll be surprised that you probably will sleep tonight. Prayers continuing for a speedy recovery and more positive results.

auntiemern
May 29th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Just reading this Bob. Jumping for joy that there was no glowing. Still in my prayers sweetie. Hang in there and let the nit wits take care of you.

Simply Quilting
May 29th, 2015, 02:10 PM
I'm glad to hear everything went ok and you behaved yourself. It is awesome to hear that you were not blue :) Hope you mend quickly :)

SallyO'Sews
May 29th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Good to hear your news, Bob! Now go get some rest and let those Nit-Wits take care of you. :icon_bigsmile:

FabStripper
May 29th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better already.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
May 29th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Good to hear from you, Bob. Get well soon!

Bubby
May 29th, 2015, 07:30 PM
This is great news, Bob! Now start planning a few quilts and get yourself in a 'quilting frame of mind'!

KPH
May 29th, 2015, 09:12 PM
What great news! Glad to hear it! Take care of yourself and hopefully all the other test results will be just as positive.

geegeequilts
May 29th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Bob
Glad to hear some good news! Don't overdo. You'll be back to normal before you know it.
Gina

Grandma G
May 29th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Great news, Bob!! I don't think I'll ever hear the words "Blue Light Special" again without thinking of you!!

laura44
May 30th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Glad you are home, praying for a speedy recovery.

GuitarGramma
May 30th, 2015, 04:39 AM
So glad to know that you passed this test. That's fabulous!

CarolynK
May 30th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Awh Bob - good to hear from you and hope your recovery is a short one!