PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Morning

Blondie
May 28th, 2015, 06:59 AM

Hello dearest folksies

It has been one of those weeks that feels as if something is off. It is because Monday was a holiday here and of course, that shortens any week for my brain. Next week will possibly be the same as we are having my Mom's baby sister come to visit. Please don't rejoice yet. Auntie may be younger but she is definitely not spry-er. The only one of her four children who can care for her is going in for a double mastectomy, so, we are going to be caring for the auntie for a few days. We have not seen this particular aunt in while, due to distance. She is my very favorite auntie. She and my uncle are the ones who nicknamed me Blondie. When I speak with them, I wish I had a time machine. Hey wait! I do!
It's called my memory and hoo boy howdy! Do I have a memory bank that I make withdrawals from and sometimes keep them out to play all day.
Everyone should have the same auntie and uncle. My auntie took me to my first rock and roll concert. It was my cousin's birthday and she bought us tickets to see The Beach Boys. We had the bleed nose seats. Did that matter? heckfire shoot!, no! My uncle taught me to swim. My auntie and uncle always encouraged me and believed more in me than I think at times anyone else did. So, the withdrawals I have been making from the memory bank are ones that really matter and helped me become who I am and who these wonderful people really are.
Saying extra prayers for those who need them and hey there! Even if you don't think you need them, you do. So, here's a blessing, prayer and big smile for you too.
Off to find the coffee pot and the jar of chiggerx for that teeny tiny three bubbles of poison ivy on my ankle. It feels like it is the size of - I don't know - my whole body having an itch fest - but it is only a small portion of my ankle. Have a great day!

Monique
May 28th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Good morning. I did not do a whole lot of anything yesterday. Was out to get groceries and stopped in at Denis' shop. He was getting ready for a quilt show this weekend. I won't be able to attend as I have the Relay for Life. He is also part of a shop hop happening in early June and the Row by Row Experience, also happening this summer. He has the coolest fabric license plate that he will be selling for anyone collecting those.

Today WILL be the day that I get some quilts sandwiched. Repeat that please? TODAY will be the day to get some quilts sandwiched. As long as I don't get side tracked.

I am not sure if we will see sunshine today but who cares, it is not -30C or -40C right? Black flies and mosquitoes are horrible right now. Can't wait for the dragonflies to come around and eat them all.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
May 28th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Just a quick hello and Good Morning all. Yes, it has definitely been one of those "off" weeks but since it is the result of having a very long and fun weekend, I'm ok with it. Sounds like you are going to have quite a busy week next week Blondie. Hope you get your sandwiches made Monique. :)

Time to get a little something accomplished here before heading to work. Have a great day everyone.

songbird857
May 28th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Mornin' luvs :)
I agree with the week being a bit off - Thursday already?
Ok... I'm down to the last 48 HST's that need trimming - how dare life get in the way of me squarin' up my blocks ;) It's ok - life is good and I appreciate that it is :)
I do believe I shall take my FIL for a jaunt to the mall today. Since school has finished, he's been out a bit less than usual since I'm not playing taxi to my daughter - so we'll do something today.
I'm already planning like the next 3 quilts in my head after this one. Yesterday, FQS had Zoey (benartex) in their flash sale - I snatched up a yard each of 4 purples (I would have told y'all about it but much of it was gone sooooo fast! In fact, I originally had one more purple in my cart that disappeared when I hit check out - and believe me, I wasn't lingering.). My older DD loves purple, so I'm going to start planning her quilt. When I saw the fabric I just knew it was the right one for her!
Ok, I'm off... Ciao everyone and have a great day :)

Bubby
May 28th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Morning Everyone,

I got no sleep last night. I was up until the wee hours in the sewing room and then found out Olive has a bad tummy so she got to spend the rest of the night with me. This upset Dottie, so I ended up with both of them on the couch for the rest of the night.

It's super foggy here today. I hope Jeff can find his way to work. I have an early appointment in Cuba tomorrow morning and I hope the fog has run its course by then. We often get it for days at a time.

Blondie, good luck with your Auntie. Today is Bob's surgery....let's remember him in our thoughts and prayers,

Hugs All Around and wishes for a good day for everyone.

Granny Judy
May 28th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Am up early and checking in with everyone. We had a great week with DD's first round of chemo (2 weeks ago). Getting ready for the 2nd round starting this coming Monday. She did pretty good until her hair started falling out.. in big bunches. A little shopping therapy and an appointment with the wig shop sort of brightened her day.

Just starting to put the blocks together for my Youngest GS... binding tool quilt. I doubled the size since he is one tall boy.. 6'4" at age 14. I'll be sandwiching this one in sections and quilting it myself. Just can't afford to send this size quilt out to a Long-Arm-quilter.

Settling in for the rain due tomorrow with binding the Hunter's Star then sandwiching the binding tool Quilt. Learning lots as I go. Still having to do a lot of thinking and searching for backing these babies. I hate it when I run out of backing fabric when I'm almost done. That seems to be my biggest problem when I am QAYG ing. I never was good at math and it shows up now!!

Blessing to all..

MayinJerset
May 28th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Misty out today, glad for some moisture in the air. Having my first coffee and it hasn't kicked in yet so I'll hang out on the forum for a bit longer.

Blondie's in for some caregiving for her fave aunt, the chore will be lightened by all the wonderful memories.

irishrn
May 28th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Morning all!! Thinking about Bob today, hoping all goes well for him.

Yesterday was trip to the eye doc for both of us. DH got chest pain in the middle of my eye exam so I hit him with the nitro but it doesn't help. Still convinced it is in his chest wall muscle, not his heart! Finally felt better after Flexeril and a hot pack on his chest.

DH had a good eye exam and didn't need change to his glasses. Yeah!!
But I was informed my cataract is the cause of the decrease in right eye vision and needs to come out. So the wheels are in motion for surgery at some point. Plans need to be made for keeping DH safe while I'm at the hospital and home recovering. It will all work out, between my DD and my BFF's all the bases will be covered! Will be happy for clearer vision. Hopefully it won't make the dry eye worse!
Hope all have a great day! Hope someone hears from Bob and lets us know all is well.

Jean Sewing Machine
May 28th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Thinking of Bob today! So hoping and PRAYING he will get good news about the tumor.

I have a very old frail kitty who is heading for the Rainbow Bridge. Last night, I thought it would be his last, as he couldn't walk straight. This morning, he popped up, bright eyed and bushy-tailed and devoured his breakfast! Animals truly do have 9 lives! This guy will be 18 in July.

My new machine needs some help aiming its needle threader, so it's at the dealer. No sewing on it today!

Hope you all have a good day!

Granny Judy
May 28th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Taking care of others while you have health issues isn't easy. Be good to yourself and let us know if you need anything. Sending hugs and prayer your way.

(looking for Bob.. his surgery is today, right?)

wlrquilts
May 28th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Good morning everyone. It has been hot and humid here - which I hate. The humidity is suppose to break today so hopefully will be able to sleep tonight. I have been keeping all my fabric on comic boards, as soon as I buy it, it gets wrapped. Unfortunately I haven't been as good on keeping it sorted. So yesterday, I pulled all the fabric (1/2 yard or more) off shelves and sorted and then put back by color, Christmas, childrens, batiks. Today I am going to get my fat quarters sorted.

Keeping good thoughts for everyone.

WendyI
May 28th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Thinking of Bob today and hoping all is going well and the outcome is positive.

Another work day...last night did groceries and for the first time ever did them at Walmart. I normally avoid WM like the plague...just do not like their business tactics...however needs must and I'm poor now so have to do what I can to make ends meet. Mr. Noodles at Sobey's (local grocery store) are a dollar...they're 27 cents at Walmart. A huge pile of savings everywhere else also so I will have to forgo my scruples and shop there. Still won't buy meat there though so will be more grocery shopping on Friday.

Lots of organizing and laundry happening at my place this weekend, starting with laundry tonight. My washer is not functioning properly so it's a bit of a chore...getting a tad annoyed with my landlord at the delay in getting it fixed...it has been almost a month now.

Worried about my sister who's ex kicked her and her kids out of his house. Very long, sordid story but basically she has short term accommodations for her and the kids until school is done and then no idea what she is going to do. It's hard not to stress and worry about her and the kids but she is stubborn in the extreme and will do what she wants so no point in stressing myself sick.

I guess I should get some work done. Hoping you all have a wonderful day and sending warm hugs to those who need them!! xoxox

Simply Quilting
May 28th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Good Morning! It is pouring down rain here today. We did have a nice day yesterday and made it to the pool for the first time this year. As busy and crazy as it was, you would have thought that it was opening day because yesterday was the first decent day to go this year. The best part of yesterday was getting a package in the mail from a special forum friend. With everything that has been going wrong right now, it really made my day and put a big smile on my face. Some people know exactly when you need the extra love and care.

Praying for Bob this morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

Sandy Navas
May 28th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Happy, warm and fuzzy thoughts for everyone! Yes, everyone. No one knows the trials and tribulations we all face on a daily basis, so I'm sending up feelers for the best to all!!! Bout time.

I know there are others worse off, but could someone please arrange for a boat to be sent here? I feel like the 40 days and 40 nights are trying to make a comeback and I can't locate my unicorns. It be a wee bit soggy in the NW corner. Maybe I'll go wading. Maybe not - we had a young man in Missouri bitten by a snake and he died in his sleep . . . you just never know. I would have gotten myself to the doctor, I think.

Working on my red and white quilt again today. I have machine embroidered flower blocks in the center and I'm log-cabin-ing it!!

Carrie J
May 28th, 2015, 01:06 PM
G'Mornin Everyone! :D
Blondie, your Aunt & Uncle made me think of my FAVE Auntie and Uncle. Some memories are just priceless!
gearing up for the next few weeks, little time to sew, so plotting and planning how to squeak sewing in. Maybe I need to get out the old oil lamps for those late night sewing sessions! Sandy, LOL, I want a TShirt with that saying on it!!! Hugs and Blessings to all.

HEY BOB!!.........Most especially you!!! :D

toggpine
May 28th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Another sunny day here. Sandy, I'll switch you some sun for some of that rain.
For being notoriously damp, we haven't gotten nearly the precipitation we need the last few months. Boston & New England took all of our snow, and now the central plains are trying to swipe our rain. I guess Hubby wasn't so nuts in planting that watermelon after all. Maybe we'll even get red tomatoes this year!

Yesterday took a side trip around here too. I went in to water the house plants, and decided that a couple of them needed some serious cleaning up. The boston fern has been pruned of dead stuff, and the peace plant has clean leaves, the pothos has been coiled back into it's pot, and the airplane/spider plant has been groomed.
Anyone know what to do with house plants when they get too big? I have a few that started out small, but over the last 15 years or so have outgrown their intended space. I don't really want to just toss them, but ....

I'm the crazy baker for the rest of the day. Em's having a walk-a-thon at school and to raise funds, we are selling cookies @ Dad's work. (More productive than asking straight out for $$) I now have cookie requests for PB, chocolate chip, and ginger snaps, as well as banana bread muffins. I'm going to be so done with baking, but hopefully Em & I can do a good job of raising some $ for the school After Hours programs.
I'm gonna need more coffee or something!

Thinking of you Bob!

Have a good one, and share a smile!