PDA

View Full Version : It is a Wednesday kind of day today.

Monique
May 27th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Good morning friends. I believe Miss Blondie is busy this morning, so I thought I would start our day.

Aw, I could not resist.

Not too much happening around here. My friend and I had a great visit yesterday.

I need to start sandwiching some quilts to work on as I have three weeks of work booked.

Well, that is all I have to say about that.

Have a great day everyone.

Carol336
May 27th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Good morning Monique..thanks for getting us started.

More packing and purging for me today......2 of my dear sisters are coming over to lend a hand.....that sure makes the chore more fun. We got our appointment for the settlement on the condo - on 6:11 we will be the proud owners of a lovely new condo. We haven't gotten official notice for the settlement of our current house, but the contract stated June 10th, so hope that is still true.....could be a sticky situation if not - LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone.

C

Iris Girl
May 27th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Morning all. Looks like a grey day here with heavy chance of T-storms this afternoon. Working on a new purse pattern today. Hope it goes well. Hugs to all in need.

songbird857
May 27th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Morning all...
Grey day here as well... I don't mind - I like rain :)
Whew, it takes a bit of time to square up 416 HST's! I'm more than halfway done - hoping to finish it up today - they look so nice when they're trimmed. Some cleaning needs to happen today as well, so I'll get to that - my kitchen floor is currently gross ;)

Hope everyone has a fab day!

Ginny B
May 27th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Good Morning everyone. Well yesterday did prove to be quite busy at work and the day just flew by. I was in bed early last night and woke up on my own this morning before 5. I feel very rested and have gotten a lot done already this morning. Figured I'd stop in and say hi before I continue on with my day.

Good luck with your purging Carol. Monique, glad you had a nice visit with your friend yesterday. Have fun with that new purse pattern Iris Girl. That's a lot of HST's Songbird! :)

I hope everyone has the best day possible.

MRoy
May 27th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Good morning! DH's cousin's brain surgery was successful and we're hoping it's the beginning of his life without epileptic seizures! It's a rainy day here, a good day for binding a donation quilt. Happy Hump Day!!

Grandma Nan
May 27th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Hi everyone and thanks Monique for starting us.

I am up early as I am hoping to make a great score on a vintage Singer. Have a line on a Model 401 which I understand have become highly desirable collectible machines and this one look amazing for a very decent price. I have to stop collecting tho and sell some soon but this is in a cabinet and can be a piece of furniture.

I am also trying to resist the DD today as I have myself on a strict fabric diet. Trying also to make other changes as I feel I spend too much time on line reading about sewing machines and quilting and quilt patterns etc. So don't be surprised if you see less of me. The one thing I would continue to do is check in each morning because this feels like checking to see if the family is ok. We will see how this goes. Not sure about others but I can spend a lot of hours just reading the postings-not that I don't like that but I really need to be diving into that stash that I accumulate by being on line too much. Ha Ha. Can anyone else identify with this? This group is a safety net tho when you are in need of support and strength and I am so glad I have it.

Yesterday did a big purge of my closet. The dryer seems to have shrunk a lot of my clothes over the last couple of years so I bit the bullet and got rid of them to diabetes "clothes line project". Going to continue the purge with some of my dishes. I have way too many and I don't need them all. Plus I need to bring things out of the china cabinet and rinse them as the shelves are dusty from the construction in the basement we did during the winter. So I guess you could say its Spring/Summer Cleaning.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Grandma Nan
May 27th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Good morning! DH's cousin's brain surgery was successful and we're hoping it's the beginning of his life without epileptic seizures! It's a rainy day here, a good day for binding a donation quilt. Happy Hump Day!!

So happy to hear this good news Myrna.

carrie liz
May 27th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Every doctor I go to says I need to exercise. I don't like to exercise but I got this brilliant idea....I could treadle! I found a Singer 66 treadle machine on Craig's List and have been practicing on it for about a month. At first I couldn't pedal enough to wind the bobbin so I cheated and used one of the electric machines to wind it. Then I gathered my scraps and tried piecing 4 patch blocks. Yesterday I took several blocks to the LQS to show what I was doing so we could find some neutral fabric that would blend. They couldn't believe I had done so well on a treadle machine. The praise felt good but what is really a blessing is that yesterday I was able to fill a bobbin using the treadle machine. I am getting stronger. Combining the sewing that I love with exercise worked.

May you all have a blessed day. Carolyn

Simply Quilting
May 27th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Good Morning! I see sunshine this morning. :)

It has continued to be busy around here. DD's room has been rearranged and is completely done since the new painting in there. The main sewing machine that I use has now found its new home in dd room so it is no longer in the living room. The boys' room had the final coat of paint put on yesterday. There are several more rooms left to paint before everything is done. Dad and Mom came over yesterday so Dad could work on a project. It was only suppose to take a little amount of time to put in two new toilets but took longer than expected due to a part being broke.

Today more painting and cleaning. Plus it is our Sunday School class turn to fix the dollar supper so dh and I will go later this morning and finish prepping the meal - BBQ pork, baked beans, coleslaw, chips and cupcakes.

Have a great day everyone :)

irishrn
May 27th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Morning all! Looking cloudy here too, and we may see some rain by day's end. We need it!
Myrna, so happy to hear the surgery went well. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!!
Yesterday started with a haircut appt with a new salon. She did a great job getting the mop on my head cut down. Although I don't want short hair, I need it to be short and cool! I think this young lady is a keeper!!
Stopped to pick up needed garden supplies at Home Depot. My intention was to clean out first half of the hosta bed in front of the house. Got home to find DH up and having more back pain so I was on my own! Really got myself a sweaty work out but it's done and hosta has been replanted. Now to get the second half done! Plans to move those hosta to the first bed and divide them up in the fall!!
Today is eye doctor appts for both of us. He will be disappointed I'm not wearing the contacts but it just isn't for me! I'm sure a new prescription is in the planning. So more $ from the budget!
Hope everyone has good day and hugs to all who need them!

Couldn't resist!

Sandy Navas
May 27th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone and thanks Monique for starting us.

I am up early as I am hoping to make a great score on a vintage Singer. Have a line on a Model 401 which I understand have become highly desirable collectible machines and this one look amazing for a very decent price. I have to stop collecting tho and sell some soon but this is in a cabinet and can be a piece of furniture.

I am also trying to resist the DD today as I have myself on a strict fabric diet. Trying also to make other changes as I feel I spend too much time on line reading about sewing machines and quilting and quilt patterns etc. So don't be surprised if you see less of me. The one thing I would continue to do is check in each morning because this feels like checking to see if the family is ok. We will see how this goes. Not sure about others but I can spend a lot of hours just reading the postings-not that I don't like that but I really need to be diving into that stash that I accumulate by being on line too much. Ha Ha. Can anyone else identify with this? This group is a safety net tho when you are in need of support and strength and I am so glad I have it.

Yesterday did a big purge of my closet. The dryer seems to have shrunk a lot of my clothes over the last couple of years so I bit the bullet and got rid of them to diabetes "clothes line project". Going to continue the purge with some of my dishes. I have way too many and I don't need them all. Plus I need to bring things out of the china cabinet and rinse them as the shelves are dusty from the construction in the basement we did during the winter. So I guess you could say its Spring/Summer Cleaning.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Bet you've already read this: Singer 401 Sewing Machine Review (http://www.lulushomeatelier.com/lulus-atelier-reviews/sewing-machine-reviews-lulu/reviews-of-singer-401-sewing-machine/)

Sandy Navas
May 27th, 2015, 09:37 AM

Prayers ongoing!

WendyI
May 27th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Morning all. Myrna...great news about the surgery!! Just a quick post as I'm off to an early morning staff meeting...ugh...so BORING! BUT I don't have a lot on my plate so I'm okay with it I guess. It will delay my second cuppa tea this morning though! Trying to figure out my bills for the month and found out my hydro only gets billed every second month. Where I work I only get paid once a month so it's no big deal but I have to be really good with my budget and not dip!

Having a friend for dinner on Friday night and my cousin and her daughter for a Saturday night sleep over and a movie. She's going to help me set up my sewing room! Yay! Will be glad to get that on the go and maybe get some sewing done. Might even get my clothes unpacked and organized! Yes I STILL have to do that! UHG.

Thinking of everyone needing love today and hoping today is not the struggle that yesterday might have been. xoxox

auntiemern
May 27th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Myrna, so glad to hear the good news about the surgery. Today is my dermatology appointment. Praying he can do something with my skin to keep the blisters at bay, and skin from tearing so easily. Praying I will not have to take maintenance dose of prednisone. That stuff does nothing good to the rest of me. Started a post about the poor people in and around Houston, that are having to deal with the aftermath of all that rain. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

Grandma Nan
May 27th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Bet you've already read this: Singer 401 Sewing Machine Review (http://www.lulushomeatelier.com/lulus-atelier-reviews/sewing-machine-reviews-lulu/reviews-of-singer-401-sewing-machine/)

Hi Sandy I had not seen this but it is a great review. Thanks. I joined a vintage sewing machine facebook group and I saw it was a popular model.

MayinJerset
May 27th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Good news about Myra's family member's surgery and pray the good news continues.

Was up at 6:30 and thought I'd sit and watch TV news while coffee brewed. Fell asleep and DH said he didn't have the heart to wake me so I slept sitting there until 9! Guess I needed a good rest. Been such nice weather lately that I want to do so many things but will pace myself better so I don't get so over tired. Think we'll just do bedroom today, clean linens, dusting and vacuuming. Bathroom can wait until tonight, will do it after my shower.

First thing after my breakfast is to call Verizon about our May bill for internet, cable and phone. They emailed us that is was due on 5/22 and it probably was but we didn't receive the May bill in the mail. After re-reading the email I think they want us to pay online.

toggpine
May 27th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Busy couple of days, and I'm just now checking in with all of my quilty friends.

I have some baking to do today. Em wants to raise funds for her school walk-a-thon and we decided that a mini-bake sale would be a good thing instead of just asking for $$. We figure we ought to be able to bankrupt they guys @ hubby's work in less than a week. At least we hope so!

I had better get on with things around here if I want to even make a dent in that To Do list!

You all have a great day and share a smile - it improves your face value!
Hugs, Cathy

ceiliam
May 27th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Morning from sunny St. George up at 7 walked Petey (or he walked me).

Myrna, such great news. Wendy you do what you can getting unpacked, you will get it done,. Nancy fun for you to get your machine.

Going to work on box kite star lots of 1/2 sqare triangles and some of them waiting to get marked, have them by the bed, have been marking at nite when can''t sleep figure its a win win .

Hugs prayers and positive thoughts to all those who need them have a great day
Cecelia

Bubby
May 27th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Morning Everyone,

Our power just came back on after being out for about 9 hours as the result of a big storm that lasted all night. The lightning was amazing but the thunder disturbs Dottie. Olive sleeps through everything.

Myrna, so glad the surgery was a success. Now we will pray for a good outcome. Tomorrow our Bob will have his surgery....let's be sure to pray for him.

While the power was off I tore apart my Jadeite collection in the kitchen and washed everything and put things back together. Not sure what I'll do the rest of the day.

I'm so glad M* came up with a football template that will fit a charm block. I have a project in mind for it. Go Daily Deal!

Have a great day everyone.

toggpine
May 27th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Dang it!
I really tried to resist that Daily Deal, I really did.

I made it until 2 PM before I caved in. Which was good, since the charm packs I would have purchased were all sold out by then! Whew!

Now I get to wait for my template!

quiltingtrish
May 27th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Grandma Nan - I'm with you on trying to get more quilting done. My summer vacation from school starts next week and I have lots to do. There is always so much to read and I agree, it's like one big family here - it's so hard not to read everyone's posts. I have to bite the bullet and get busy. I love seeing everyone's projects - you'd think that would get me moving so I could post some of my own. haha.

toggpine
May 28th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Set an egg timer for x number of minutes and then when it goes off, you shut down and get on with stuff.

Sure. If you have that kind of will power, you probably wouldn't have the issue in the first place! :icon_giggle:

rebeccas-sewing
May 28th, 2015, 05:12 AM
I'm actually hoping it rains so I don't have to clean up all the trimmings in the yard. Joe got busy trimming out there and I promised to do the cleanup. Yuck! Working on the Bear Paw quilt. BORING! I have twelve blocks done and eighteen more to go. It's a gift so it won't go UFO.

Happy day, everyone. Now, off for another cup of tea. Procrastinate some more? Absolutely.