PDA

View Full Version : old sewing machines.

mamaquilt
October 7th, 2011, 09:06 AM

We had a wonderful vacation in Berlin. And I found the most interesting shop decoration in an underground station. I thought I had to share it with you.
It was a men's fashion store and had about a 100 different old sewing machines. It was kind of hard to get them in a picture as I had to take it thru the window. It being Sunday, the shop was closed. Too bad, or I might have gotten a better view of the all inside.

carolv
October 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Neat display. What stories they could tell.

Sandy Navas
October 7th, 2011, 10:28 AM
You know you are making my mouth water, right? What an interesting display. Wish they were all in cabinets, cleaned up, oiled, threaded and sewing away on some beautiful quilts.

ElaineP
October 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
There is a change of shops in the UK (and maybe elsewhere) called All Saints and all of their outlets have old singer sewing machines in the windows! I think it's a shame and I'm with Sandy and wish they were all threaded up and being used!

rebeccas-sewing
October 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
They've got the same thing in London!!!! I was so busy looking at the machines I didn't pay attention to the shop. Just know it was clothing. I wonder if it's the same company?

mamaquilt
October 7th, 2011, 02:42 PM
They've got the same thing in London!!!! I was so busy looking at the machines I didn't pay attention to the shop. Just know it was clothing. I wonder if it's the same company?
I coudln't tell you the name of the shop either, since I had to take those pictures. All I remember is that it was men's fashion. So maybe it's the same store. But then they must be buying every older machine in the area.
I'm sure that some of them must be still in working condition. They were cleaned and dusted, at least they looked like it.