PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Survey

snippet
May 23rd, 2015, 08:02 AM
I took the survey Al has about apps for Missouri Star. I LOVE the smiley faces! lol

While I LOVE Missouri Star and all they have provided for us, I wouldn't download an app for the Quilting Tutorials. For an app to gain real estate on my phone it has to provide a lot that my standard apps don't have. I can get the tutorials easily on YouTube and you've got the Playlists which subdivide the tutorials into really useful things like charm packs, layer cakes, etc. And I can use YouTube on my phone, tablet or laptop.

I know a lot of people ask about a transcript of the tutorials. That might be useful, or maybe provide a link in the description to buy the pattern.

Sorry, but that's my opinion. I'd rather see y'all direct your genius in another direction.

shirleyknot
May 23rd, 2015, 10:32 AM
I know a lot of people ask about a transcript of the tutorials

Me, for one. I HATE trying to work AND follow a tutorial on the computer (in the other room) at the same time. I'll stick to my printed directions which always go at MY speed when *I* want them.

Midge
May 23rd, 2015, 10:36 AM
Hi Al and nerd band! Agree with snippet about what a quilting tutorials app would do for me. As a longtime YouTube user, I too have my quilting tuts organized into playlists that work for me already. It would take a lot of added value in another app for me to change from this habit, because my feed gives me new videos posted to all the lists I subscribe to in one place. And, I can add videos from those folks into my various playlists if I like them a lot. You know we think that Jenny is wonderful and I love her style of teaching classic blocks made easier. However I see a lot of questions on the forum especially with newer users asking members to clarify the material and supply list of the videos. Since Block or published patterns aren't available when the tuts go live, this is a gap for many video and forum members apparently. I guess many people aren't familiar with how to do a screen grab, or they are just nervous about cutting into gorgeous expensive fabric if they are new, and want to double check themselves. So if you can find a way to access screen grabs of those supply lists prior to their publication in Block or patterns, I think you would be adding value for the newer user of the tutorials. Maybe that should also appear somewhere on the regular website under the tutorials page.

There is such a range of comfort with computer skills among various people, it must indeed be a challenge to please everyone.
Just imo, and I do appreciate how challenging all this is. And appreciate your efforts to improve customer service. Love you guys!

JCY
May 23rd, 2015, 10:59 AM
I don't have a modern cell phone, so I have no need for apps for anything! lol! My older model cell gets used infrequently, not on a reg. basis. I prefer the YouTube format. I often write out the instructions I feel I need. One can pause the video any time as needed. I have all kinds of hand written instructions from various tuts. I also have every copy of the BLOCK mag. I took the survey, but there should have been an option for "not applicable" on some of the questions. The survey assumes everyone has a cell phone on which one can put apps.

shirleyknot
May 23rd, 2015, 11:04 AM
I have no cell at all. Why have one when, like a lot of other people, I have NO wireless signal where I live, and not likely to any time soon. Has not one thing to do with skills.

BillNye
May 23rd, 2015, 11:09 AM
very good feedback, I think you probably won't find much value in our version 1, but I'll still ask you to take a look at versions 3 and 4 as we get some of our features built in. Let's keep talking and with your help we'll build something we can't live without. I'm sure there are things we haven't thought of yet :)

stitchwishes
May 23rd, 2015, 07:17 PM
Did anyone get their Nerd Herd Band sticker for doing the survey? I didn't get mine :(

If there is one thing that makes M* stand out, it's vision. I'm excited to see the new app, I never knew there was a first one.

You know, I wonder if it would satisfy most people just to have a ringtone for their phone that says, "Hi, it's Jenny from the Missouri Star Quit Company!" ...just a second, I really have to take this call...

Carrie J
May 23rd, 2015, 07:26 PM
First off I love the "Nerd Herd", LOL! One thing about this Forum, there is usually some raucous laughter involved at some point in time, seems surveys are included as well!

Love the interaction as well, dealing with a wide scope of "technologies" that all of us combined have or don't have, y'all really do try to be as inclusive as can be. Hats off to all of you, and many thanks! :D

DramaMama
May 30th, 2015, 02:59 AM
You know, I wonder if it would satisfy most people just to have a ringtone for their phone that says, "Hi, it's Jenny from the Missouri Star Quit Company!"

Yes! And I want that "quack quack" from the duck, too! I LOVE that sound! I get as excited when I hear it as one of Pavlov's dogs!

kensington
May 30th, 2015, 03:51 AM
I don't download very many apps at all. They want too much access to my information. Why does anyone need access to my photos for me to use their app?

GuitarGramma
May 30th, 2015, 04:25 AM
I don't download very many apps at all. They want too much access to my information. Why does anyone need access to my photos for me to use their app?

Amen to that!

(Although if it's M*and quilt photos, I'll probably make an exception! )