PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy?

SallyO'Sews
May 22nd, 2015, 11:44 AM
Don't answer that.

But here's some proof: Yesterday I was informed that I'm going to be the featured employee in the next company newsletter (which has a readership of at least 3 people; four if you count their caged birds). I was asked three questions:

What do you like best about your job? I said the people (because, yes, my job is that boring).

What is the most recent book you have read? Unconditional? the Call of Jesus to Radical Forgiveness by Brian Zahnd (haha, that's going to shake up at least 2 of the 3 readers).

What is your dream all expenses-paid vacation?

All I could think of was HAMILTON, MO!!! There's a golf course nearby to keep my husband happy, right??

So I said, Well, location doesn’t matter a whole lot (Bermuda would be great!), but I’d love to go someplace where my husband could play golf during the day, while I attend a quilting retreat that includes learning to use a long-arm quilting machine and a generous fabric allowance!

Seriously, that's where I would go if I had unlimited $$$. Europe? Lived in London for 3 years as a child & studied in Graz, Austria, one summer in college. Hawaii would be nice, but only if Lorie (aka Hulamoon) could take me around to all her favorite fabric places! Went to Bermuda once and it was WONDERFUL. But I'm not really much for the beach (don't like to perspire, and ain't nobody wants to see me in a bathing suit!). I love my far-flung family dearly, but I'll see them the next time there's a wedding. Plus, if we went to Hamilton, we could maybe even get tickets to see the Red Sox play the Royals in KC!!

So, do you think I'm nuts? Don't answer that. :D

WendyI
May 22nd, 2015, 11:56 AM
LOL! LOVE THIS POST!

Hulamoon
May 22nd, 2015, 12:02 PM
Lol I can't remember the last time I went to the beach. I was a beach bunny when I first got here, but I was cute back then. lol Are they actually going to give you a trip? If they are, I would think about it a bit more. I absolutly loved New Zealand. I'm always stumped with this question.

Lori63
May 22nd, 2015, 12:08 PM
No! You are not crazy...at least as far as picking a place for vacation goes. Fortunately, I'm fairly close to M* so I can go every month or so, but your vision of a dream vacation sounds great to me. My hubby likes to golf also. He could golf all day, I could quilt/shop all day. Then we could meet in the evening and share our day.

Plus it's always great to see our Royals play, we've been fans even through all those not so good years, it's great to see them finally playing well.

Granny Fran
May 22nd, 2015, 12:08 PM
If you are nuts, then you are in great company with all the squirrels here. LOL

I, too, would enjoy a nice quilting retreat at M*.

auntiemern
May 22nd, 2015, 01:32 PM
No you're are not nuts. That is my dream vacation too. Only difference is DH would spend the day fishing...I believe they aren't to far from Smithville Lake. Going once a year, to the forum retreat (I know how blessed I am to be able to do that) just isn't enough.

easyquilts
May 22nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
No! You are definitely NOT crazy..... I know I'd choose the same uilding retreat.... In the same place. Jenny,of course would have to be there,and provisions would gve to be provides for FinnyndSpencer, my two Chihuhuas.

Let's go!

Sandy Navas
May 22nd, 2015, 02:52 PM
Definitely not nuts!! Funny that you do seem to hang out with a few now and then . . . (not admitting anything).

stationarymom
May 23rd, 2015, 02:30 AM
all makes sense to me.

bubba
May 23rd, 2015, 03:15 AM
I had to laugh. First I read the heading on your post and then the one right behind it was "Needing Confirmation". I almost wet myself!! If Lori doesn't want to take you to the sewing places on Oahu, I'd be happy to do so. Some of my favorite shops are there! The day we left last time, I found another, but sadly it was closed. Had MM not witnessed a bicyclist get hit right in front of it, I never would have known it was tucked back there. Looked like it had been there for ages, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will still be there next time we return.

Andrea F
May 23rd, 2015, 04:01 AM
Makes sense to me, too. Although it would be boring for DH as he doesn't play golf. It would be wonderful to be able to go to the retreat.
I'd love to go to Hawaii as well. We were discussing special vacation plans for this year (we want to catch up on the honeymoon we didn't have 25 years ago) and I mentioned Hawaii would be nice but he doesn't want to go there.
We go to the beach once every year if possible and we love it. Trust me, nobody wants to see me in a bathing suit either but I don't care. I've seen things at the beach that shouldn't have been out there and that were much worse than me being chubby in a bathing suit. :icon_stunned:

Suzette
May 23rd, 2015, 06:47 AM
If you're crazy, then so am I because that is a dream destination of mine too! :icon_bigsmile:

I loved your post - so witty and cute! :icon_bigsmile: