PDA

View Full Version : Things that need to be fixed on this forum

DrBillNye
February 3rd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Quilt Vader had a few suggestions, I thought we could start a thread where you can put in your requests and I'll cross them off as we go -

Bigger font in the window when you type - Done
Attachments from the old forum
Add the vader smilie
Add smilie's in quick reply box - Done (Take a look at the screen shot)
make the time zone customizable

What else?

BillNye
February 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
:V Quiltvader you're all set! :D

Suds figured out the timezone issue here (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?539-HOW-TO-CHANGE-YOUR-TIMEZONE)

So far so good.

What else everyone?

jrchapman
February 3rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
In the list of members there used to be a lot more information. I thought it was particularly useful to be able to sort them by website to see if anybody had added a blog. Is this possible with the new forum? It doesn't even show people's websites next to their posts any more :icon_pcnoob:

mrswindy4
February 3rd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Will we ever find out what the "quid" was and will it be brought over to the new forum?

ETA: I think someone borrowed my quick reply box, I cant find it anywhere...have you seen it?

toggpine
February 4th, 2010, 02:55 PM
You said that Suds figured out the time zone thing?
According to the post I just made, it is 5:40 PM. I know I slept in later today than normal, but my clocks say it is 9:40 AM here in Seattle. Even taking into account that you are two hours ahead of me there in Missouri, that is a bit off.
I know that is always 5 o'clock somewhere, but I guess my question is where? Or, are we just playing with the time and space continuum in a new and fun way? ;oP

Look what happens when I type 5:00 this way! I get smiley in the middle!

jrchapman
February 4th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I noticed the mysterious quilting quid has disappeared. I was hoping we'd find out what it meant with the shiny new forum :(

Suds
February 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hey Toggpine,

There was two separate timezone issues, one of which was solved by YSGLCG (BillNye), and one which you have to change yourself. The first was the actual time zone of the entire forum, which was set to some weird European timezone by default. That has been fixed and changed to Central Time. That is the timezone that the forum will revolve around. However, you must also choose your own specific timezone in your settings. Click on my on the link below to see my post on how to do this (it's super easy):

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?539-HOW-TO-CHANGE-YOUR-TIMEZONE

Also, I've been posting a lot about how to do various things on the forum that you (and everybody else) should check out in the "How To Use This Site" section. I think the more we customize our individual accounts, the more we will see how cool this new forum setup is. Step by step we are working out the kinks to make it the best we can, but this forum is a marked improvement from what we had before and is poised for future growth (it was a lot easier to make the change now than later with many more members). :D

BillNye
February 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
toggpine, I don't know why your 5:00 comment made me laugh out loud, but that was hilarious to me :D

And we all know that when you quilt, you enter a sort of twilight zone :)

BillNye
February 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
In the list of members there used to be a lot more information. I thought it was particularly useful to be able to sort them by website to see if anybody had added a blog. Is this possible with the new forum? It doesn't even show people's websites next to their posts any more :icon_pcnoob:

Done, you can now view the website and avatar. I left out birthday because I don't want to get hunted down by Jenny, but any others besides birthday we need, let me know :)

mrswindy4
February 4th, 2010, 10:51 PM
I still cant find the quick reply box and the smilies *insert sad face here*

Carmen
February 5th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Hey mrswindy, did you try this?

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?552-If-you-can-t-edit-and-add-pictures-to-your-posts-READ-ME! (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?552-If-you-can-t-edit-and-add-pictures-to-your-posts-READ-ME%21)

toggpine
February 5th, 2010, 05:16 AM
YSGLCG, apparently I have been cracking you up with my e-mails & posts the last couple of days! Love the avatar you chose.

5:00 made me laugh too. So did the time zone thing. Suds, please don't think I was cranky about that! It struck me as funny. I am perfectly OK with the forum revolving around MO time, or Margaritaville time. I was just letting you know of the oddity. It makes perfect sense to change up the server sooner than later.

I will go and try to fix the time zone thing. Maybe. I cracks me up, so perhaps I won't. I will go check out the daily deal though.

mrswindy4
February 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Hey mrswindy, did you try this?

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?552-If-you-can-t-edit-and-add-pictures-to-your-posts-READ-ME! (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?552-If-you-can-t-edit-and-add-pictures-to-your-posts-READ-ME%21)

Thanks for the tip, I tried it but I still dont have the quick reply box that YSGLCG shows in his post at the beginning of this thread. I do have the quick reply box in the private messages only, but not on the forum. Oh well, guess I can still post without using the smiles. LOL

OK, so this is weird...I had to hit the edit button to correct a typo, and I have the quick reply box here. I think I need some coffee!! LOL

mrswindy4
February 5th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Please disregard all previous messages....I found my quick reply box. I think I just needed to refresh the page after trying Carmen's suggestion. :icon_happy:

BillNye
February 6th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Glad you got it working windy! I'm still fixing and tweaking, so poke around and let me know what else you find

stitchywoman
February 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hehe! I had the same problem today and was so glad someone asked! I would have never found it on my own!

A new question... do the smilies have to be purple? Is there a way to change the color? I can't find one! :lol:

jrchapman
February 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
For some reason YSGLCG telling us to poke around and see what we find made me giggle and then blush :0

BillNye
February 19th, 2010, 03:36 PM
For some reason YSGLCG telling us to poke around and see what we find made me giggle and then blush :0

LOL, well played, well played

jrchapman
February 25th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Is there any chance we can get an "add me on facebook" button on our profiles?