PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday - Good Morning, World

Blondie
October 4th, 2011, 06:47 AM

Tuesday morning and I will be plenty busy today. If I get some quilting in for me, it will be interesting.
I had a hard time sleeping last night, you know, everyone has those now and again. Even Gracie, my chi chi didn't want to go to bed. So, the two of us snuggled on the sofa and watch TCM all night. Good grief, I know now it is October and Halloween month. There was one movie on there I had never heard of. It was called FREAKS. Very disturbing, fascinating and politically incorrect. It was made in the 30's with a cast of B actors/actresses, black and white. Then there were the usual vampire movies. Some of those I had not seen. I do like old b/w movies a lot. I imagine the rest of this month will be old horror movies.

So, today I have the first of the month running around to complete and then take a nap. Figure out what's for dinner. I love my boring life. I can do it so well.

Wassup??

Loonwatcher
October 4th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I wouldn't be able to sleep after a night of horror movies. I usually avoid them.

Still working on the binding for my tree skirt. Boy it's a long way around that thing. Seems I don't have good enough light to do it while watching TV in the evening so I'm restricted to daylight hours only. That's okay, plenty of other chores to do. But I really like how it's coming out....photo coming soon.

Sure hope things slow down at work soon, it's wearing me out. And I'm not getting my quilting done.

Oh well.....have a great day!

twnkeyes
October 4th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Good Morning from Texas!

Blondie, there is no way I would watch any kind of horror movies in the middle of the night, I don't watch them in the daylight! I also LOVE b & w movies, not horror, but any other kind.

As I said in my post yesterday, my husband returned from Asia and his sleep pattern is way out of whack. Unfortunately, he feels if he's awake, I should be awake! I asked him last night before we went to bed if he could please be quiet if he got up in the middle of the night because I was way out of whack due to his "bull in the china cabinet" way of being quiet. He laughed and said he'd try. What happens at 4:30 this a.m.? He sets off the alarm as he goes out for a run with one of the dogs!!! I'm not kidding! The alarm's going off, the phone is ringing and I'm stumbling around yelling for him to see if we're truly being broken into! I told the alarm system people that all was well. After all the commotion I certainly couldn't go back to sleep! When DH (said with sarcasm) came back in he looked at me with questioning eyes and I said, "You set the alarm off." "Oh", he says, "I didn't hear it" he said with a smirk. Really? That's because you were 1/2 a mile down the road!!!! Ok, if I weren't so sleep deprived from not sleeping the previous two nights it might be funny and it may be in a few days when I catch up but right now I'm so aggravated!!! I don't do well without sleep, I get cranky, can you tell? Naptime this afternoon!

Terri

carolv
October 4th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Good Texas Morning!
Yes, I'm still here. Been busy with day to day stuff, cleaning out the frig, helping with my father-in-laws house-he has alzheimers but still lives at home luckily he's not bad enough that we have to stay with him yet but, he hates change of any kind and they bought him new beds last week. Our neice and her best friend came down and set up the beds. Thank God for them because we just cant do that kind of stuff anymore, well we can it's just we would still be working on it and they finished it in a few hours. Thank you again Paula, Sissy, and Wanda. Poor man has been getting up and sleeping in his recliner every night.
Took my mom to town yesterday for her monthly shopping trip. She lives with us in a trailer in the backyard, she does not drive, never has. I helped her pin baste a quilt Saturday. She stays busy making quilts for everyone and she goes to a heritage program 3 times a week.

bec
October 4th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Good Moorrrning! :)

Oh Terri, I know how you feel. I am often sleep deprived and hate being woke up when I do sleep. Since I've retired I can't even stand to set the clock alarm...it is so irritating, so I know the security alarm really got you up on the wrong side of the bed. Our security alarm will knock your eardrums out!

Blondie I think I saw that movie when I couldn't sleep one time...it sure didn't help my sleep. When I was young, I could watch scary stuff, but not any more. They just creep me out. What is a chi chi ( a dog, a cat, a chinchilla?)

This whole week is going to be beautiful...lots of sunshine and temps in the 70's and low 80's. Today I'm going to paint the wooden parts of our screened in porch. I actually put a primer coat on the door yesterday because it had peeled to the bare wood. I need to make some cranberry orange bread for a friend of ours, too. I love that stuff!

Well, this isn't getting my work done. I have a sink full of dishes because I was too lazy to wash them last night. I'm bad. I'll try to peek in later today. You gals be good. :)

meemeecyn
October 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Good morning, Quilters! Terri, what is it with these "bull in the china shop" Men??? If I had a nickel for every time I said that I'd be rich! Boring life, Blondie? Naw....don't think so....You sound like you stay busy to me! Hope things quiet down at work, Nancy. Don't they realize the craziness is interfering with your quilting?? Alzheimer's is emotionally so difficult to witness, Carol. Then the physical impact that is required with moving, etc. Nice that you have extended family that can help. Bec....it is neat to play Scarlet sometimes....worry about/do it tomorrow!!! It'll wait for you!

I hope to finish a tablerunner today for our Fair. Time is running out as Nov 12 will come soon and we still have much to complete. The last 2 weeks when we get together we bake, so the other projects must get done! Onward I go!
Cynthia

Kizzie
October 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Morning lovely ladies,

Blondie I dont think that movie sounds like the best remedy of trying too sleep! I hope you dont have nightmares tonight - ';m one who definitely doesn't like scarey movies even black and white ones!!! I love the classics though like Gone with the Wind or old westerns with Clint Eastwood and John Wayne. Or now and then a little musical like Sound of music.. "Sewwww a needle pulling threaddddd"

Loonwatcher cant wait to see a picture I was googling images the other day and found a lovely design for one ! So that will be my next project after my sisters quilt!

Oh Terri I feel for you!! My hubby when he needs to get up and do work early in the morning like his studies etc will set the alarm for 4am and try to get out of bed.. But unlike him once I am awake I'm awake for good and he doesnt get out at 4am he will then hit the snooze for the next 1.5hrs!!! so it goes off at 4am..4.10am...4.20am and so on and so forth gosh that annoys me!! and I'm an early riser too!!

Carol, you should try get some photos of your mums quilts they would be lovely to see! :)

Cranberry orange Bread Bec?? That sounds sweet and yummy! Would love you to send some this way so I can try homebaked american food !! LOL Which reminds me we were invited by strangers for thanksgiving last year and we went and it was the first time I tried real american food!! They had pumpkin pie and this lovely cured ham oh my - I was pregnant at the time and couldnt eat alot due to morning sickness but that salty ham helped ALOT!!!

Well this morning I woke up at 7am - a bit later than usual for me - I have done a few more quilting pieces last night and got a huge delivery yesterday!! I was soo excited it took my attention away from that bad Ebay purchase I made..... and my Missouri parcel came too!! I love those Heritage charm packs I think I may make a tumbling quilt out of them!

Anyways tillys first nap now she will be waking up soon she has suddenly discovered more of her voice and squeals everywhere... she thinks its talking magically, yesterday we were both playing on the King bed and she was squirming and crawling around like a little inchworm....!!!

My dogs thought it was a little chilly this morning too they are used to Aussie hot weather poor things last year was the first time even they had seen snow!! so when I was throwing snowballs at them they tried to catch but it would just disappear!! also to see them bounding through snow was hillarious too!

Gosh I just keep yabbering on and on - I'll never get anything done at this rate - the laundry is calling and so is my sewing machine..hmmm which do I go to first :D

hugs all!

xxx

Dragonfly
October 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hi there everyone

In my house it is more likely to be me who isn't sleeping and wandering the house, I'm not sure how DH manages to sleep through.

The day is over for me and I'm about to go sleepy byes but I thought I would share with you my fun afternoon. I went to a fashion parade with a difference followed by a lovely afternoon tea. The ladies from the seniors friendship club run an op shop at the community centre where we have our sit and sew days. They put on the most wonderful fashion parade with the clothes from the op shop and let me tell you that age does not diminish a sense of humour, some of these ladies (and gents) would give Sandy a run for her money. Each model chose their own selection to wear and we had everything from 'mother of the bride' to nightgowns, hats, bags, shoes and jewellery, it was an absolute scream and such fun.

Just a quick thank you as well for the lovely comments on my thread about Alex.

Good night all, sleep tight when evening comes around.

Sandy Navas
October 4th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I'm almost afraid to get on here and write this morning - once I get started it's hard to get me to shut up.

So, instead of boring everyone I'm going to make myself scarce, go empty the dishwasher and reload it (sink full of dirty dishes from BEC). Then I'm off to the sewing room.

Hugs to everyone!!

bobw103
October 4th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Good morning everyone.
Today finds me at the hospital sitting in day surgery while my husband is having....well one of those things that we have once every ten years after we turn the wonderful age of 50 :icon_rolleyes: I am going to spend the time downloading some of those great tutes and make use of this fast WiFi that the hospital has.
Have a great day all it is beautiful here in northern MN.
Bobbi

sewsoft
October 4th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I don't talk much just peeked in to say hello to everyone. I'm sleep deprived today as well.

toggpine
October 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hi Everybody!
Glad you peeked in Sewsoft!
Em's fever is gone, but she still has a hefty cough. No school again today. She feels much better, and we will work on writing our upper and lowercase letters today. The weather must be changing, as my sinuses are trying to push my eyes out of my head, or at least it feel like that. Some hot tea and a sinus pill for me.
My in-laws are coming for a visit in a week and a half. Better start cleaning. All of that dust from the windows being open all summer will have to go. The windows need to be washed in & out, and the curtains, and, and, and.... Oh yeah, they are eating a vegan diet now. Maybe they will change their minds about coming.
I need to go find something to put in the crockpot for supper. I don't want to think about or work too hard on dinner tonight. I want to finish my ironing board cover that has been put off for a few days.
You all have a great day!
Cathy

janluna
October 4th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Hello everyone, In case you missed my Emily update, we found out today that her ANC level for the first time hit 1610!!! So much better than 890. We are so thankful for your prayers and good thoughts. And we thank Our heavenly Father for this wonderful blessing! She still has a ways to go and we still need the prayers but at least it was a good report this afternoon. Please pray for it and her other levels to keep rising. Thank you.
I did the floors today, vacuumed and scrubbed floors. I have a hard time doing that, so I'm down with my lap top on my knees writing to you.
Cathy, I am so happy that Emily's fever broke. I hope she gets well quickly. My prayers are with her.
If I turn back to look who said their husband is having his procedure done, I will lose what I wrote so far. So please forgive me for not using your name and my prayers are with him to be totally healthy! I dislike that test but it is necessary. ICK!!!!
Cathy, I'm so sorry you have a sinus problem going. I also woke with a bad headache that is sinus induced. A hot shower and sinus meds help.
Well, my DH is home so I best go pay attention to him. LOL Hugs and Love, Jan L.

quilter.martha
October 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Jan, I'll say it again here---Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

toggpine
October 4th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Oh Jan, I am so happy to hear that about your Emily. It finally rained here and my eyes and head are better. The hot tea & the meds helped.
Ugh on the "procedure", not a fun thing.
I saw a thread about the tree skirt and I'll go check that out next. I've been playing all day, and not with fabric. I am so glad the Little Miss can go back to school tomorrow.
See you all in the morning!